MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Some wins, some loses (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=41536)

EZRIDN 02-16-2004 07:55 PM

Some wins, some loses

Last week a buddy of mine calls me up and says that a SRT-4 has been talkin trash about how he has never been beat bla, bla bla. So i say lets hook it up for tonight. Show up at the spot with my buddy and his girls '01 Trans Am 6 spd. I start playin stupid and askin this v-6 camaro if i should race the SRT-4. They say No! That car runs like 14 sec stock.

Well an Evo shows up and wants to run my buddy. So they go from 2 dead stops and 1 roll. The 2 dead stops the Evo jumps out .5 a car and the Trans Am pulls past him to a 6 car lead by the top of 3rd. The Evo runs 13.2's says the owner. On the roll the same results.

So they start sayin your buddy's car must be a high 11 or low 12 sec car. I play dumb and say yea i don't know, but he can drive. :D They start accussing him of spray bla bla.

Then its my turn against the SRT-4. He wants to run my stock stalled auto from a roll. So i say ok. The SRT-4 had some mods (boost controller, turbo timer, etc). We run from a 20 roll. 1st gear the LS1 spins to a 1 car lead. 2nd i start to pull hard and shut down at 95 with a huge lead (my buddy est. 12 or so cars). Another run with the same results.

So i head back and the guy congratulated me the whole nine. Turned out to be a cool kid.The SRT-4 runs 13.7, not sure the mph.

Fast forward to last night. Met up with some friends when an Chevy Elcamino Shows up with some other old school cars. Cool.:cool: So we start talking and the El Camino has NO interior, welds, cowl hood, battery in the trunk the whole nine. So we go out to run. A 84ish Monte Carlo follows. I line up with the El, and on the first honk he goes from the 25 roll. I, like an idiot, give chase. He jumps to a 2 car lead, holds it for a second and i start to pull back hard. get next to him at 100 and he shuts down so he could keep the win :mad: he wouldn't line up with me the rest if the night. I guess he knew my car was mph all over him.

Next i run the 84 Monte. he goes on the 2nd honk from a 30 roll. these guys jumped every race. He pulls and i start to pull back. Let off at 110 with a 2.5-3 car lead. head back and one of their friends buys everyone beers and we talk cars. We are going to start meeting up with them every week!

Well thought I woudl share. Made some mistakes like "You chase, you race". I also went from their rolls. Next time we do it my race from 10 mph, or a dead stop :D The 84 is going to show up next time sprayin a 100 shot. he said he wasn't sprayin last night b/c of a small fuel pump.

Dark_5.0 02-16-2004 08:15 PM

Sweet kills man. I have noticed that if you call an srt-4 a neon they get really pissed and say its an srt-4 man....not a neon!!!

LMAO..

Sounds like you had fun. I hope to have my POS on the street soon. I must admit those srt-4's haul @ss for what they are.

EZRIDN 02-16-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Sweet kills man. I have noticed that if you call an srt-4 a neon they get really pissed and say its an srt-4 man....not a neon!!!

LMAO..

Ain't that the truth! They do run really well. One (SRT-4) was at the track the other night with some bolt on mods, some exhust you know. Anyway, the car ran 13.4 @ 108! Give me a break!

The old car runs were cool. I won't run their race anymore though.

Get your car back on the road. You still have the '01?

sedanman 02-16-2004 09:12 PM

Sounds like some fun. I need to make my way down there again so we can race around again (for old times sake) ofcourse now we don't think the 13's are fast :D I can't wait.

joe4speed 02-17-2004 04:46 PM

Definitely sounds like fun, man! :)