View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 11:10 AM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFireN2O
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (which i liked because it is the movie that got me interested in cars ,ALL CARS, in the first place)
BlackFire, get up, go to your local video store, rent the following movies:
Le Mans
Bullitt
Cannonball run
Gone is 60 seconds (both versions)

I'm guessing that you are young, because there have been great car movies around for a long time. In my opinion it has shaped your opinion. Not trying to slam you, just wanted to preface the response that people who leave their cars stock, just like everyone else, do it so the GO is the SHOW. That's why the only mods you will actually see walking by my car will be those dictated by performance enhancers I use.

That is different than slapping a body kit on your car to make it 'different'. Ever see a 10 second Mustang? I'll bet you have, you just didn't know it. And that's exactly the point. No one would think to steal a car that looks stock, unless people have seen it run fast.

Now then, that body kit, if the car was actually fast, doesn't look that much different from Kenny Browns track car pictured below. I don't like it, but lets hope this is what the kids are trying to emulate

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote