MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2001, 09:24 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Angry Ricers on Bikes, ever seen this?

I've seen it too many times.

Stupid young guys on bikes racing down the streets and through traffic doing "wheelies".

Last night I was driving home and I hear this buzzing sound. I look in my review mirror, and I see a single head light (barely) up high. This guy on a bike doing a wheelie pulls up beside me and revs then takes off.

Some sick corner in my head thought about swerving into the guy to teach him a lesson, but of course I'd never actually do it, but these guys really piss me off. This is not the first time I've seen this! I've seen kids do this during rush hour.

Are these guys total freakin morons!! What kind of idiot does this stuff?!?

95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:52 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Wink

Apparently the kind in Dallas.

Take care,
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:54 AM   #3
todd95GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt:

Stupid young guys on bikes

I've seen kids do this

total freakin morons!! What kind of idiot does this stuff?!?

[/B]
you answered your own question.

------------------
Todd
1995 GT/T-5
Pulleys; 65 mm TB; Flowmaster cat-back; Mac off road H-pipe; FMS aluminum driveshaft; short-throw shifter; HD clutch; Cobra R's; Cobra front and wing
todd95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 10:10 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I've seen this too...

At 16-17 you think you're immortal. Had some young kid down the street die in his rice-mobile doing assanine stuff down the road. They pretty much had to cut him out of the tin can it became after hitting a very large object.

I guess doing stupid things in a 2000lb tin can at 80 miles an hour isn't good enough for some of these brainiacs, so they start doing idiotic crap on a 150 pound bike at 120 miles an hour. If it didn't hurt anyone else, I would say its a Darwin thing weeding them out of the gene pool. Harsh I know, but that's how I feel....

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 11:38 AM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Angry

I know a bike would not necassarily kill someone in a car, but it could. These guys are worse than some of the ricers around here. Mind you his apparent "buddy" was driving a riced out civic and they both turned in a ricer hang out.

Flat out stupid things like this just piss me off. One of these guys is going to die and then everyone is going to feel sorry for this retard, and that is going to piss me off even more!

oh well, I think your right Hammer, it could be a "weeding" out process.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:59 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Wink

hey , 95 these idiot's are crotch rocket's there is one where i work , he wears stupid shirt's that say sh-t like, life doesnt begin until your doing 180mph sad but true, this guy has a 600 honda cbr, huum wonder if that cbr stands for can burn rice , any wayhe think's he' the shi- he wanted to race my stang, i laughed at him , a car against a bike ,comme'on be real oh by the way somehow he stuffed a 1000 built motor in this thing , i said i would run him just for giggle's he beat me but, not as bad as he thought , it kinda suprized me too!i miss my harley but it was just kick back cruizin but the crotch rocket's are nut's, and the noise is annoying . later

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
PKRWUD

Ever since my '74 Shovel, I've always said "Little boys drive rice. When they grow up, they'll buy a Harley".

C-Ya

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 10-15-2001, 01:58 PM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Cool

hey pkrwud you know what im talking about , mine was a 74 ,amf harley also it was bored to 1,000 cc yeah , a sporty but i had the cool ,back then lowered as$ end ,fat tire & ape hangers damm those were the day's ,i think i got it ,when i got my first ford aka merc cougar grew up then .see ya chris gotta hit the coffin & work with the vampire's 11 o to 7:30 am later.oh before i get burned up by the sunlight , i call the crotchrocket' - control your brain with your right wrist , brakes? i didnt know i had brakes ? aww shi-.bye

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 05:15 PM   #9
PGkelly
Registered Member

we in the motorcycling community have a word for people that do things like this - squids. tell-tale sign of a squid is a large-displacement sportbike, t-shirt, shorts, helmet optional, and flip-flops. all while doing wheelies/stoppies etc.

ahh yes, harley davidson. the epitome of performance on two wheels. oh, by the way, Harleys really, really suck. fastest production harley runs 13's, and it's 1450cc's! pathetic. CBR600 does 10.40's under ideal conditions, 11's will be what most people see. all with just 599cc's.....less than half the displacement of the harley that does 13's. not only that, but the CBR is $8k as opposed to the $18k of the harley. don't get me started on handling.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45

[This message has been edited by PGkelly (edited 10-15-2001).]
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 06:54 PM   #10
PKRWUD

Exclamation

Prenatal Guidance kelly-

Yeah, those CBR's are incredible! That must be why they hold their value so much better than Harley's do. Oh, wait a minute, Rice-a-roni bikes lose over a grand in value right out of the show room. But they always sell used for more than they were new. Oh wait, those are the Harley's. That's right, it's those piece of crap rice rockets that are worth more for their metal value at a recycling plant than as a motorcycle. If and when you grow up, maybe you'll have a better understanding of things. You probably still believe you are always safer wearing a helmet, too. The fool. Right now you seem too obsessed with the pre-teenage mentality that this thread has been talking about. Nice try, squid.

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 10-15-2001, 08:32 PM   #11
PGkelly
Registered Member

because the whole world revolves around resale value, right? uh-huh. see, i'd rather ride a bike than sell it, you may disagree, that's just my opinion. i'd also rather have a bike that's reliable, that i don't have to spend hours cranking over to start, and that i don't have to take to the mechanic every weekend. and yes, you are safer wearing a helmet (and i don't mean those ridiculous pudding-bowl helmets favored by the hardley ableson crowd). don't give me that crap about how "oh, if you hit wrong with a helmet it'll break your neck". rrrrright. not gonna happen. beleive it or not, you are also safer wearing a full leather jacket and pants. i see more people on these "rice-rockets" wearing appropriate clothing than on harleys. harleys are barely even motorcycles anymore, they are more like fashion accesories. you seem too obsessed with the pre-teenage mentality of being badass with your hardley to realize how awful they really are. you also don't seem to realize that i was showing the same kind of disdain for the person in question that you are, the serious sportbiking community frankly doesn't care for this behavior either.

here are some figures for you:
Yamaha YZF-R6 vs. Electra glide
weight: 396lbs vs. 650lbs
power: 98hp vs. 60hp
displacement: 599cc's vs. 1450cc's

------------------

Old 10-15-2001, 08:41 PM   #12
PGkelly
Registered Member

on second thought, we seem to be looking at this from different perspectives. you, clearly, do not have perfmormance on your mind when you think of motorcycles. i on the other hand, do. my goal is to go for blasts down skyline drive every weekend, while you would probably rather cruise main street. i can respect that, to each his own i guess. i retract my previous anti-harley statements.

BTW, what are your thoughts on the VROD? personally i think it's great harley is stepping into the power cruiser market, with something that technologically blows away it's main competition (Honda VTX1800). I've always been a big buell fan too.

------------------

[This message has been edited by PGkelly (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 08:56 PM   #13
Jet
Registered Member

i ride a sportbike and to tell u the truth most the riders i know are 25+ cept for me im the young one of the bunch (18) the guys ur mentioning now sounds like an idiot but dont throw all of us in that class as him, we have a few retards running around on sportbikes who i myself wouldnt mind running over with ur mustange.
not all of us are idiots, although i am starting to see more squids than not now and its putting a sore in my eye, but we buy our sportbikes cause they are fast, and perform well, not all of us are out there looking to race some guy in a mustange or show off most of us goto private roads to do our own thing, but hey if i was gona be stereotypical i would class all u mustange drivers as idiots as well, i cant tell u how many times ive pulled up to a light next to a mustange just to see him gun it thinking im gona try to race him, i know i will win off the back but do they? so why do they try? who knows, so we can all be "Freaking morons" but really u cant say anything either u guys are just as bad as us.
both our groups have bad apples but its no reason to through each other in the idiot class.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 08:58 PM   #14
dinomite
The Dude

i saw an idiot kid on a CBR600 today revving. he pulled up to the stop sign and just couldn't stop, on, and off, and on and off..... he couldn't see me till i made a left onto the street he was on, at which point he did a big long rev...not friendly, though, i could tell that much.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:09 PM   #15
Jet
Registered Member

errr and please dont call us ricers
Go here for ricers
http://www.ricecop.com/accused.php
Old 10-15-2001, 09:10 PM   #16
Jet
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by dinomite:
i saw an idiot kid on a CBR600 today revving. he pulled up to the stop sign and just couldn't stop, on, and off, and on and off..... he couldn't see me till i made a left onto the street he was on, at which point he did a big long rev...not friendly, though, i could tell that much.
that would be a squid
Old 10-15-2001, 10:40 PM   #17
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Arrow

Well I learned something new today then. A "ricer" biker is called a squid. LOL

Well these stupid squids are something new to me. In Canada I've seen lots of guys on bikes and they've never done crap like this. Down here in Texas I haven't seen a normal guy on a bike yet .

I used to ride a Honda 500, it was fun, but with the way some people drive these days, I never felt safe enough to ride it.

You are right there are always a few morons driving mustangs, but I've seen those guys for years, I had just never seen these puss-nuts driving around before.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 10-15-2001, 11:36 PM   #18
Unit 5302
Registered Member

To me, the Harley symbolizes irony. Why do people buy Harley's? They don't run good. Hell, most of the time the older ones don't run at all, lol. They don't have much in the way of power, lack handling prowess, and are poorly designed.

People buy them to be a rebel. They want to rebel against everything, be politcally incorrect and different. Here's the irony part. They are striving to be different and to be a rebel by following a group of people and an idea. That makes them a follower, the very opposite of what they want to be.

I don't know how many times I've watched a guy roll his couch out, hit the starter until the battery won't turn that hog over anymore, then proceed to get on and start kicking until he's out of breath. It's hilarious. Then after messing around with the carbs, they kick a little longer, roll it back over the 1/2 full cake pan to catch the dripping oil and shut the garage door. Well, since the new one's have engines designed by Porsche, they should do much better.

As far as the rocket crowd, some can be dumbass punks, but a lot are just good guys out to have fun, and let's not forget pick up the girlies!! LOL.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 01:01 AM   #19
PKRWUD

Unit-
You just described half of the"help" post people here. I guess you don't think much of Mustangs either, seeing as how they're always having trouble idling, or starting, etc.

Give me a break.

I have a great deal of respect for you, but your age came through on this one. Yes, today Harleys have become trendy, and to purchase a new one is to follow the herd. It was not always this way. I didn't buy my first Harley to be a rebel. In fact, I built my first Harley myself. Harleys are like Mustangs in that they are much better looking, appreciate attention to detail, can be easily worked on by the owner, and will last a lifetime. How many 1960 Yamaha's do you see in your neighborhood? I guess I just find it hard to believe that there are people today who don't remember what it used to be like before Harley became the number one selling motorcycle in the world. Everybody who rode worked on their own bike. Harley repair shops didn't exist because there wasn't any customers. Parts, sure, but any wrenching was done by the rider. You could climb on your bike with a small tool roll, and drive cross country several times. Any repairs that became necesary were usually fixable on the spot. You didn't need to go buy some overpriced special order item at the local Honda dealer. I really find it fascinating when my wrenching friends (I'm talking about you now) criticize such an awesome customizeable vehicle. It's not entirely your fault, though. You have never owned one. If you had, your feelings would be different.

P.G.-
You, in a very wise and mature moment, did what I failed to do; made the correct observation. Different strokes for different folks. I have owned Jap bikes before, but they just don't compare. They are disposable. My tastes changed, too. It's been my experience that as a biker ages, he tires of the crotch rocket, and gains an interest in what the Harley has to offer. I trust that one day you will see what I mean. I'm sorry for attacking your post the way I did. That is really out of character for me. But, you hit a nerve. I too am armed to the teeth with facts and figures that prove helmets are more dangerous, and more, but I don't want to fight over it. Being in the wind is what it's really all about to me, even if it's on an old Honda.

I'm undecided about the V-rod. It is just too Jap for me. Kinda funny when you think about it: every Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has spent millions trying to have part of their line of bikes resemble Harley's, and what does Harley do? Builds a bike with a Jap flair. It is a bad *** bike. It's their first water cooled, dual overhead cammed bike ever. I miss the pushrod tubes, though! The other main difference is that for 100 years, Harleys were a motorcycle built around a frame, whereas the Jap bikes are more like a bike with a frame built around it. The V-rod is the first Harley to have the frame around it design. The Buell bikes were great, but flawed. I loved that a guy decided to take up the slack for Harley, but there was a reason Harley didn't build a bike like that. They wanted to distance themselves from the exact image this thread was started about. If the Buell's weren't so damn expensive, more t-shirt wearing teens would be dying on them.

Peace.

~C

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

Old 10-16-2001, 01:58 AM   #20
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I have a sportbike, what a blast they are! If you've never ridden one, you should! Quite a rush!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote