MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sprayed by a Jetta? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26945)

SlowGT 07-31-2002 08:20 AM

Sprayed by a Jetta?

I was in New Haven,CT sunday night for a field trip to Moroso on monday. Me and 2 fellow stangers in my car, North on 95, center lane coming up on exit 51, very light traffic. We're cruising around 65mph when I see this import of some nature busting *** up the right lane. I crash 3rd to 85 and then 4th to 110 and give him the slide. I settle back to 90 in 5th gear and he's just resting about 5-6 car lengths back. Now I'm paying more attention out front, but I can still see him hanging back there. All of a sudden he just takes off like he fired up a rocket or something. He was along side before I could even downshift and then he had me be by 4-5. I stayed in it and pulled back along side and then proceded to pass him. I had to hit the left lane and he got off at 51, so I didn't get a chance to chat. Now I don't have any personal experience with the juice, so here's my question:

Is this normal performance for a VW Jetta??

Any of you locals up there know this car? It was probably black or dark blue. Possibly a dark green

95ragtop 07-31-2002 10:51 AM

If you are pretty close to stock, it is most likely a 1.8T. They are easily modded, and can have a pretty killer top end.

95mustanggt 07-31-2002 11:51 AM

I ran a 1.8T jetta a couple weeks ago. Off the line I killed him, but he held his own on the top end, although he could gain anything on me, he was not going "bye-bye" in the mirrors.

The guy that I ran was pretty done up, but this ricers you never know what is under the hood, because so many are all about the looks when the real modded one do come along, well I't hard to tell them apart.

1969Mach1 07-31-2002 02:32 PM

hmm... interesting enough. Never really experienced someone using NOS while racing. I havn't really raced anyone that would even have NOS though. It's usually stupid ricers or guys in probes or 3 series BMW's with there g/f. I raced a 5.0L last night and that was the first time I've lost (I know I ain't fast I just can't find anyone to race).

Better luck next time,
§am.

95mustanggt 07-31-2002 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1969Mach1
hmm... interesting enough. Never really experienced someone using NOS while racing. I havn't really raced anyone that would even have NOS though. It's usually stupid ricers or guys in probes or 3 series BMW's with there g/f. I raced a 5.0L last night and that was the first time I've lost (I know I ain't fast I just can't find anyone to race).

Better luck next time,
§am.

Hey, there is a guy in oakvill that will race you ;)

I've ran 2 guys on the juice (that I know of).

One was a civic - Yes, he still lost

One was an LT1 Camero - Yes I lost :). I was taking this guy and then about 1/2 way through second gear he all of a sudden just took off like I was standing still. He had a bunch of white smoke coming from his exhaust.

1969Mach1 07-31-2002 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 95mustanggt

Hey, there is a guy in oakvill that will race you ;)

I've ran 2 guys on the juice (that I know of).

One was a civic - Yes, he still lost

One was an LT1 Camero - Yes I lost :). I was taking this guy and then about 1/2 way through second gear he all of a sudden just took off like I was standing still. He had a bunch of white smoke coming from his exhaust.

I was in my dads t-bird so my stang is alot faster, and I believe would of put up a better fight agaist the 5.0L and probably beat him. The timing and carb needs to be setup first though. My car will be more of a crusin' car. The ladies love the car so it'll be mostly show. :D But if some ricer wants to have his *** handed to him I'm all ready. :D :D

§am.

95mustanggt 08-01-2002 08:29 AM

We really should hook up. Is your car up and ready to go?

email me from that cushy government office of yours ;)

cam_hergott@hotmail.com

RAGE_5.0 08-01-2002 09:17 PM

Hey Sam I don't think I will make it to Cayuga this year at all. Next summer We will hook up and go there so I can kick your ***=)