MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
98GtPower
Registered Member

Default The Stang that I cut off.

Me and this other guy were pumpin gas in the gas station and eyein eachothers mustangs. We both happened to pull out at the same time. He pulled out into the right lane and was going slow, so i pulled into the left lane and was going to zoom around him. Little did I know that after i passed him, he suddenly felt like calling me out and punched it right before i moved back into the right lane. He pulled right into my blind spot, when i saw no one I moved into the right lane and when i got there i noticed his brights trailing me. I cut him off on accident, and he was probably pissed. Screw it, i took off zooming in and out of traffic and he followed me for about the next mile zooming in and out behind me. I finally got in the slow lane to make a left and he passed me lookin all pissed. Stupid guy.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:01 PM   #2
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Why you calling him stupid?
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

It sounds like the guy had a very good reason to be pissed. I don't understand the point of the story...

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
Screw it, i took off zooming in and out of traffic and he followed me for about the next mile zooming in and out behind me. I finally got in the slow lane to make a left and he passed me lookin all pissed. Stupid guy.

Let me see if i got it right: you cut him off and then you take off and he follows and both of you are zooming in and out??

looks like 2 stupid guys to me.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #5
98GtPower
Registered Member

Hmm, I should probably try to drive safer. I've never been in an accident while driving, and I don't intend to. I think sometimes after bolting on new parts I just get in that mood of "I gotta drive fast and crazy". But driving crazy is for morons and you look even stupider if you get in an accident. So I'll just try to go the speed limit and signal. Its just sometimes I feel like that I need to drive fast, probably a bad "road rage" habit. Its smarter to be safe and now that I read my post I realize I was dumb for driving crazy. Less than a mile from where I was at, on a parralel street I saw a 5.0 and a Mitsubishi 3000GT racing at like 120mph...For some stupid reason, they felt that the race should take a turn on an intersecting street. The mustang tried to take a 90 degree corner at like 80 mph he flew over the island and hit an explorer. The explorer flipped and landed on top of another car. I recently found out that a girl died in that accident. Thats gonna make me think twice.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #6
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

U are correct. Racing on The Highway where there are other vehicles present is always a bad idea.We race in the woods and are as safe as possible as far as cross traffic. Actually I have never seen an accident when we were racing because of that reason.I have seen MANY accidents and a few deaths. But only of the racers.
86 Grand Marqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:39 AM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by 98GtPower
I've never been in an accident while driving, and I don't intend to.
I don't know anyone who intends to be in a accident, but it still happens. Please be safe.

Old 02-03-2003, 01:32 AM   #8
98GtPower
Registered Member

Where I live, there is like no toleration for racing. We have no woods or anyplace where we can just have fun safely, and race. There is quite a few places where cars never go...for example racers used to race at this big long stretch of road that led to an electric plant in the middle of no where. It was more of a daily maintenance road and except for racers no cars were ever there. Nothing bad ever happened, but one day the cops come and shut it down and bust anyone who goes there since. Thats probably one of the reasons why i end up doing stupid stuff, there really is no other places to have fun with your car. Eventually going fast leads to mistakes. I think im just gonna have to start driving two hours to palmdale, i live at almost sea level and palm dale sucks compared to hear...oh well. By the way Does anyone know if those electronic gauges you put on your dash to get 1/4 mile is accurate?
Old 02-03-2003, 12:43 PM   #9
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

The NEW Style G-tec is pretty accurate,but nothing beats the track as far as accuracy.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:54 PM   #10
98GtPower
Registered Member

Yea, I think i'm gonna get one of those. I think they also measure g's on turns, so that is pretty cool. Me an my friends can have a lot of fun with one of those. I also want to get a drift car, that will be freakin bad.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:52 PM   #11
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

"Drift" Car ?
Old 02-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #12
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

If it were me, I'd just drive to a track. There's nothing like going to the track, going through tech, getting into your lane, checking tire pressure, icing the intake, and talkin' with a few buds. To me, that's racing.

As it is, I drive about 2 hours to get to the track. It's more than worth it.

Old 02-03-2003, 09:42 PM   #13
The Deuce
Registered Member

Don't waste your time at Palmdale. Come down to Carlsbad when it opens, and I'll show you the ropes. My '97 should give you a pretty good run.

FWIW, there is a spot up there that racing goes down, but I'm not about to spread it around. A certain someone know's where and when, and if he lets you in on it, be cool.

More importantly, stop racing on the streets. I've gotten to know a lot of people at C-bad. It's cool. Onshore breeze, 200' above sea level. It's not the nicest place on earth, but its one of the faster tracks around, even with the crappy prep. I'll post something here when they officially announce an opening date.

BTW, if you want to see the fastest track, its Irwindale, but thats only an 1/8th.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:48 PM   #14
98GtPower
Registered Member

Yea, that sounds cool, I'll hit you up next time I want to take a mission to the track. Irwindale is only 1/8th which kind of sux, and isn't that where a few people got shot and killed? They used to have a 1/4 mile out in Camarillo(souther cali) by my house, but that was when i was like 10 or something. If cops dont want people to race, why dont they open more raceways?
Old 02-03-2003, 11:35 PM   #15
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Even though it's only a half or 3/4 mile stretch of straight road, it takes alot of money to fund a dragstrip. I know our track underwent a $150k renavation last winter when a new group of guys bought it. It was nice before but now, it's the nicest track in the area. To upkeep a dragstrip is alot of work...not to mention buying/leasing the property, hiring employees, insurance issues, etc. There's alot more to it than just opening more dragstrips to keep people off the streets.

Old 02-04-2003, 12:52 AM   #16
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by 98GtPower
Hmm, I should probably try to drive safer. I've never been in an accident while driving, and I don't intend to. I think sometimes after bolting on new parts I just get in that mood of "I gotta drive fast and crazy". But driving crazy is for morons and you look even stupider if you get in an accident. So I'll just try to go the speed limit and signal. Its just sometimes I feel like that I need to drive fast, probably a bad "road rage" habit. Its smarter to be safe and now that I read my post I realize I was dumb for driving crazy.
Well, the deal is if you make a mistake and realize you were wrong after the fact you should own up to it and admit you were wrong instead of blaming the other guy. We're all human and are going to make errors in life, Lord knows I've made some doozies. This is the very reason I'm a very compassionate PO when I deal with the public.

A bit of advice, if you're ever pulled over and want leniency here's some suggestions:

- ADMIT YOU DID WRONG AND DON'T LIE (most important). He knows what he saw you do, denying it does you no good. The time for debate is in court and not on the roadside. If you KNOW you were in the right, just be polite and don't admit to something you didn't do.
- Hand him your information quickly and don't make him wait a long time, especially when it's cold!
- Don't tell stories, it's not story time.
- IF you were wrong, be remoursful and apologize. Even if you get ticketed you may get a break at court due to a good attitude.
- Stop in a safe area off the roadway as quickly as possible, if you can't stop in an active parking lot pull off the shoulder as much as safely possible.
- DO NOT stop in an alley or out of the way or hidden spot or you may see his gun out of his holster. (Guess why)
- Turn down your radio.
- Put out your cigarette, but don't toss it out the window.
- Be very polite even if you perceive an attitude on the officer's part, it'll only get worse otherwise.
- Don't drop names.

These courtesies may not work 100% of the time and you'll never know if they did at all, but TRUST me they go a long way to minimizing the damage!
Old 02-04-2003, 02:55 PM   #17
Simi Stang

Default LACR

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
Don't waste your time at Palmdale. Come down to Carlsbad when it opens, and I'll show you the ropes. My '97 should give you a pretty good run.
Duece-
How come you don't like Palmdale? Besides the high altitude, obviously. Correcting your time sucks, but there isn't any other strips around So.Cal. where you can run your car 8-10 in one evening. Grudge day at Pomona is so packed that you can only run your car 2-3 times on a Sun.! And Bakersfield is just too far away for me. I've heard a lot of bad things about Carlsbad. Rough track, never prepped properly which makes it hard to hook up. I never knew that it closed? Why did it close? Any idea when it wil reopen? Please keep us posted.

98GtPower-
You should suck it up & head out to LACR man. A bunch of us are heading out there (from Simi Valley) at the end of this month. We're going on Wed. 02/26. There is hardly anyone there on Wed. nights. You can run as many times as you want pretty much. Much better than the crowded Fri. nights or grudge Sundays. PM me if you are interested!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #18
The Deuce
Registered Member

Simi - Carlsbad always closes "for the winter". It's just taking a while to get it back open. Yeah, its not the best kept track around, but it still posts fairly quick times, even when you correct Palmdale. I like it because its close for me, the tech guys are nice, and there's usually at least a dozen Mustangs, and the same # of f-bodies. Not a lot of rice there, and everybody makes fun of the ricers.

98gt - Rumor is they are talking about running something at Camarillo again, maybe like they do at Jack Murphy in San Diego. A street legal only type racing.

I will post when C-bad opens for the season.

StangCrazy, you're right man. Not to mention what real estate goes for out here.

Old 02-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #19
Simi Stang

Default Carlsbad

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
Simi - Carlsbad always closes "for the winter". It's just taking a while to get it back open. Yeah, its not the best kept track around, but it still posts fairly quick times, even when you correct Palmdale. I like it because its close for me, the tech guys are nice, and there's usually at least a dozen Mustangs, and the same # of f-bodies. Not a lot of rice there, and everybody makes fun of the ricers.
I didn't know they closed down for the winter. Could you post when they open back up...or if you remember, PM me or something? I'd appreciate it. I've never been to Carlsbad...but I wouldn't mind trying it out. How far of a drive do you think it would be for me coming from Simi Valley (Ventura County)?
Old 02-05-2003, 03:58 PM   #20
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: Carlsbad

Quote:
Originally posted by Simi Stang
I didn't know they closed down for the winter. Could you post when they open back up...or if you remember, PM me or something? I'd appreciate it. I've never been to Carlsbad...but I wouldn't mind trying it out. How far of a drive do you think it would be for me coming from Simi Valley (Ventura County)?
Mapquest quoted 130 miles, I was thinking it shorter than that. How far away from Westlake/Thousand oaks (on the 101) are you?