MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2001, 12:18 PM   #16
inferno
The Instigator

Jaydee: The Power FC is a fully programable computer. You can adjust the timing throughout the RPM band and it also can provide multiple sparks. Like I said, there are several stock trannies or close to stock in the 9's. The only mod to them is that they have welded diffs or full drag spools.

97snakedriver: B-series motors are open deck motors and a block guard is a brace put at the top of the block to protect the top of the cylinder.

302 LX Eric: Your question was already answered further up(along with my question as to why most stangs are running 13's or 14's). There are a lot of ricers out there, but more and more people are starting to do things to there car. While the majority will always be posers with no engine work, 8ft wings and stickers all over the place, the number of fast Honda's is growing.

Unit: Those tires aren't drag radials. Do you really think that you could get good drag radials for 54 bucks each without a hook-up? Also, if I were to build a similar car, the price would be lower because I get discounts at some local places. Hey, check out this build up that a friend of mine was considering(too bad he didn't do it):
88 CRX HF - 200(i saw it advertised with a blown motor last week....not that it matters anyway )
Prelude SH engine w/tranny - FREE
Drag turbo kit(my price) - 1500
3" Custom exhaust(my price) - 150
Eibach Drag Springs(my price) - 200
Slicks and rims to put them on(for track use only) - 300
Total - 2350

I know a lot of people probably will call bs on this set-up, but with ~270 whp in a 1800 pound car with slicks, you will run 11's.
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote