MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-21-2001, 01:50 PM   #1
itsallmine
Registered Member

Talking ITS ALL MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its All Mine!!!! Nobody elses, just mine, my car, hehehe.
Okay, now that I've got that out, ITS MINE! (well, maybe not). I got my Mustang, its a (brand new) 2001 Mustang coupe, V6 5-speed, black, somewhere around 12 miles on it. Just have to pick it up. Its under a salvage title (flood damage), needs a few parts, but I got a loan ($6k/ 4 year), so now I might be able to have the car and pay for insurance! By the way, I'm 16 and in the process of selling everything that I own to pay for this. Why you may ask, to quote infinitti, or audi, or whatever "Own one, and you'll understand." Heck, just drive one and you'll probably get it. I took the car for a ride around the lot (salvage title not allowed on road I guess), I said I'd buy it as soon as I saw it, after the little drive, I sat it in for about an hour, checking out every little detail.
Okay I'm (probably not) done.

------------------
2001 Mustang, v6, 5spd, coupe, black.
Bought w/salvage title $6,000
itsallmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 05:12 PM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Congradulations!! Enjoy the stang!

------------------
91 GT AOD: 14.71@91.78mph
SOLD!!
01 GT 5-speed on order: Ordered: 06/13/01
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

yup, congratulations. is it in ok shape?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
the bandit
Registered Member

cool deal man. never knew that you could buy a flood damaged car from a dealer. good luck with it.

------------------
14.44 best et with street tires, spinning first and second hard. only 3.73's and steeda lowering springs. more to come when i make some money
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 06:19 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Look carefully to find out how high the water came up. Look up under the dash for dirt, trash etc. That might indicate the level of the flood water. Electrical and computer damage might take some time to show up. Pull up the carpet around the edges to make sure the underlayment is dry. Check the tranny (auto) and the engine oil for any trace of water. Look in the trunk well areas for water. Take any appropriate action ASAP. Being from Houston, I'm aware of some of these indicaters. Sometimes, there's a reason for these discounted prices. Good luck.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 11:36 PM   #6
PGkelly
Registered Member

Nice catch with the stang. it sounnds like you got ripped off though, the guy who sold it to you stole two of your cylinders

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 11:56 PM   #7
itsallmine
Registered Member

Thanks all. You can see the water line, its about an inch or two up from the bottom of the door. The mufflers & cats have been softend up a bit I think, it sounds a little louder than normal. Needless to say, the carpet got a bit wet, it does (currently) run/drive. All the electronics (currently) work. It needs a few little things, nothing major (that I know of right now). I got it at a used car/parts dealer (really was a high class junk yard).
I think those two cylinders washed away in the flood, lol. They had a few GT's, all auto/convertibles, I think they were about $14k each. I'd like to drop a 4.6 in at, actually, I'd like to cram in the Cobra R 5.4, but thats probably not gonna happen. Its got a 5-spd anyway, so that'll give me something to do while blowin the doors off V6 Firebirds (my friend has one) and cameros (everybody boo), and following (trying to?) GT's & Cobras.
Old 07-22-2001, 12:30 AM   #8
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Congrats man! I myself drove an 01 V6 5 speed 2 weeks ago in Orlando...I was very impressed...very quick car and comfortable and drove nice...I want one too
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 12:40 AM   #9
itsallmine
Registered Member

I was originally going there to look at an '88 Linconln Mark V or V1 (I forgot which number) that was about $800 (a bit rusty, and ran bad), I saw the Stang sittin there, I figured it was too much, so I asked about it.
Now, the great adventure of finding insuarance that costs less than the car is worth a year.
Old 07-22-2001, 04:15 AM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

nice catch good luck hope everything works out for u. Besides U wouldn't wan to pay the insurance on a gt at 16. have fun with it.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote