View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 11:17 PM   #13
20LbsBoost

You'd have to read the article (I put a link to it directly) to get all the details on their test cars.

Everyone has an interpretation of "stock". Most of the cars tested were not original "factory bone stock". The one's changed had very minor alterations. According to the article, the only changes made to the Regal from completely original GM delivery were the following; gutted cat, more boost and 140,000 miles (no bolt-ons).

A factory GN/turbo Regal ran 13.8-14.2 in magazine road tests back in '86-'87. Launching a GN as opposed to a V-8 is quite different and personally, I feel these #'s are somewhat high due to inexperienced drivers, so be it.

If you look at this video of these clowns from ASC/Mclaren trying to launch the GNx it's pretty evident. This is the famous GNx vs. Corvette video ASC made in 1987 during the development of the GNx: http://www.krif.com/tta/Movies/gnxvette[1].mpeg

This is all about documenting real times from real cars (part of the original post). The proof's in the pudding....irrefutable evidence. I'm skeptical of "so and so said his car ran this", and "those cars ran xx.xx" without seeing something to back it up.

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-19-2002 at 12:17 AM..