MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2002, 11:04 AM   #1
polara7777
Registered Member

Default Stoopid rednecks!

I was on my bike last night leaving the local hang-out and as I pull up to a light a mid 90's 1500 Chevy truck pulls up beside me. I notice a couple local rednecks int he truck jamming some country looking over at the bike. I look back towards the light and he revs it! I didn't pay attention so he does it again. I look over at him and he points at the light. You've got to be kidding me! It was late and the roads we clear so I figure ahh what the h*ll. I don't bother reving the bike at all I just wait for the light to drop. It drops and I'm gone. I stop at the next light about 100 yards away and sit there think about how dumb some of these MS rednecks really are and he pulls up and revs it again! (see previous statement!!) So this time I decide to show out a little bit and give it some gas, stage up some and as the light drops I'm out on one wheel. I jump it up to about 45 mph and keep it there. Never saw the truck after that. I thought that was just too lame though.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:13 AM   #2
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

It's not just rednecks man! I have a similar story under 'why did he even try'. It's so insane that these people go after bikes that it's funny and annoying at the same time. Oh well, good kill, I guess . Haha, sometimes it's just too easy, you know?

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
polara7777
Registered Member

Quote:
sometimes it's just too easy, you know?
Yeah it is! I mean yeah I'll get smoked by a bigger bike in a straight line but a beat up chevy work truck?? C'mon people give me a break! Still fun dusting them though.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:34 AM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Sometimes they just want to see 'em go.

I've had guys rev at me like that before. I was at a light one time not even looking at who was around me when I hear the truck next to me throw a big rev. I look over and the guy is leaning over the stearing wheel looking at me smiling and laughing in a friendly manner. He just wanted to see a show. So I gave him one.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 12:52 PM   #5
RED92LX50
Registered Member

"...just wanted to see a show..." EXACTLY!

I do this when I am driving my wife's Camry! (I even did this in my old 82 Honda Accord). If something in the other lane looks fast, I want to see what it will do :-) .

Also, it is fun to get the jump on them sometimes as they get major wheelspin and I have no problem hooking! When they go flying by, or even kill me from the start - I actually feel like I WON, because they gave me the show I wanted.
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 12:58 PM   #6
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Well actually, I can't complain, I guess. I really enjoy the looks I get when I'm on my bike. I love the way it looks and sounds, and of course, it's fast! I have to say, when people do want a show, I am happy to give it to them! (As long as they aren't seriously wanting to race )

(I had an 88 Honda before I got my 94 Mustang Gt, and I always tried to get the hot cars in the lane next to me to do their stuff. I guess when you own a hot vehicle, you have to expect people to want a show. )

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 01:28 PM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
Sometimes they just want to see 'em go.
I think that's it... I get people revving at me all the time at lights, and when I take off, they always do a thumbs up if I catch another light with 'em!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: