MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-09-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Angry STREET RACER INFORMANT????

ok now this is getting old every damn time lately that we get together to go street racing it is like the cops are already waiting there for us to show up.

This last saturday we went out to the racing spot we all got all lined up on the side of the road and were lining up some races when BOOM there the cops. We move to a different spot and BOOM theres the cops again I am used to getting caught by the cops but this is ridiculous they are catching us before we even get started.

We could just find some different spots but I dont think that it would do any good.

There is a damn snitch somewhere I firmly believe that someone is calling them on there cell phone.

Could it be that the cops have a street racer on the payroll??? I no that this sounds a little bit far fetched but what else could it be.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
best 60 ft 2.14, best 1/8th 9.65, best 1/4 15.2 @89mph, Stock gears and 3000+ Altitude
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 05:14 PM   #2
SisuStang

There may be a couple of other methods to find out where you guys go. A snitch is one possibility.

Do you & your buddies communicate by cell phone? I've heard of the police scanning the cell phones to find out where everyone is gathering.

Do the police have helicopters where you live? They'd just look for a long line of cars & radio it to the cruisers.

They could just be following you guys at a distance with their lights off.

------------------
91 coupe
3.73's,long tubes,2 1/2" exh,ported stock t-body,ProM-77mm
cobra intake,edelbrock heads,B303,1.72 rr's
36lb inj's,tremec, & a Paxton NOVI 2000!!!
11.020 @128.95 on BFG Drag Radials (275/60/15)

Old 07-14-2001, 11:57 PM   #3
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Another point would be that cops are alot smarter than they get credit for...don't you think they know where the popular places to drag are? Its their JOB...plus saturday night is time when most likely that people will be causin a ruckus
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
LincoConti87
Registered Member

I'm kinda glad that my slow car keeps me somewhat out of trouble even though I hate how slow it is...here in Tallahassee no matter where you go it seems there is a cop...I mean like EVERYWHERE...at night its crazy I have to scan everything with 360 degrees cus theres so many of them..and darn campus cops too since I'm so close to fsu main campus
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 02:15 AM   #5
69fastback
IRAQ VET

It could be one of the guys that hangs out with u guys is a cop. could be anybody and u would never now it.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 10:52 AM   #6
46stang
Registered Member

they are just really cracking down on it, because of all the media hype from the fast and furious movie. every time some one crashes around here in a honda car it is blammed on drag racing and that movie! even though none of the crashes have been at the races at all. it'll probably be another 6 months or so before the cops superiors stop putting the pressure on them and let them get back to stopping the real crimes.

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 99 intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies,Kirban adj.reg.,Pro-m 87,24#inj.,70mm t/b,BBK longtube headers,Bassani x-pipe w/cats, Dynomax ultraflow catback,iat mod, home depot ram air, k@n,
373's,cobra brakes,fms spings, lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's tri-ax shifter.
best et 13.80
best mph 103.3
bfg street tires,bakersfield, ca

46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 12:25 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Sisu Stang.

I'm not sure of the laws and restrictions on Wire Tapping in Texas (They differ per state). But I'm pretty sure a law enforcement agent isnt allowed to scan CellPhone waves looking for races. They have to have a specific wave length in mind, they just cant scan all of them.

Thats a heavy violation of Privacy, and probably wouldnt hold up in a trial bcause the evidence was obtained by unlawfull means.

Probably have a rat in the group, I doubt an undercover, because he would have direct evidence and contact and everyone would of been in jail by now. Probably just a snitch. Now the problem is how to weed em out.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 03:33 PM   #8
lx mike
Undescribable

about a month or 2 ago they broke up the street racing here and fined over 20 people for watching them. seems that a girl told her parents where she was going that night and they called the police and told them and they broke it up and got all the spectators, the racers got away!! you never know who is watching you and it might be soemone in the group or soemone might have just mentioned it and it got passed along to where the police got word.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:01 AM   #9
stevstum
Registered Member

Well from what I remember in California when I used to live there. It is kind of obvious when you see all of the hotest cars in town heading out of town. People did not sctrtch their heads and wonder what was happening. the plice are the same way. If they see a group of muscle cars and fast imports going the same way they follow.

------------------
Steve Stumbaugh

89 LX 5.0 5sp.
Removed air silencer
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs
BBK O/R h-pipe

stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

We dont have any helicopters over here and I dont think that the cops are scanning the phones. The ground is so flat here you can see a million miles in every direction.

I think that someone is calling the cops on there phone I have given up street racing to many people are getting there cars impounded
and on top of that getting $1000.00 fines.

For now I am just gonna kep it on the track.
That damn movie the fast and the furious has all of the cops trying to get brownie points
and right now it is just to damn risky.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote