MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Street racers die (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=36732)

bri32zz 05-28-2003 08:50 PM

Street racers die

Some local street racers killed their passangers this past weekend while racing down a side road in Atlanta GA. Missed most of it on the news but I heard it was a z28 and a trans am. They were both from out of town attending a car show. I copied this from the local paper;

Cobb police on Tuesday charged the drivers of two cars they say were involved in a drag race that led to the death of two passengers.

Scott M. Alexander, 28, of Easley, S.C., was charged with drag racing and two counts of vehicular homicide. Police said Alexander was driving a red 1998 Chevrolet Z-28 that crashed on Interstate North Parkway S.E about 2 a.m. Sunday, killing back-seat passengers Charles E. Perry, 28, from Union City, S.C., and Hayden Joseph Wallace, 25, of Easley, S.C. Alexander, who was injured in the accident, was released from a local hospital and was at the Cobb County Adult Detention Center Tuesday evening.

Police also charged the driver of the second car, Neil D. Emery, 25, of Beaufort, S.C., with drag racing, failure to stop to help when the first car struck a pole and driving under the influence.

The race took place near the Atlanta Marriott Northwest hotel, where Alexander and Emery were attending a convention for owners of high-performance Pontiac Firebirds and Chevrolet Camaros.

COBB COUNTY

Ackbar00 05-28-2003 09:15 PM

Re: Street racers die

Quote:

Originally posted by bri32zz
when the first car struck a pole and driving under the influence.

Great Idea:rolleyes:

BlueMust5089 05-29-2003 06:10 PM

DUI is really a GOOD idea isn't it?

Stang_Crazy 05-29-2003 08:31 PM

A sad story. I hope both drivers pay a hefty price...

84LX89GT 05-29-2003 11:13 PM

Unfortunately people run into things when they're drunk and racing

aford50lx 05-31-2003 12:25 AM

Sad story,thats just too bad,alot of people die... thats always happening here too,cause alot of parents buy their kids these cars after they get out of school and these kids dont really know how to handle even a stock mustang or camaro. They just think its all a joke you have to remember even the slowest car can take your life, add drinking and driving,and you have a deadly combination any way you cut it!!! God rest their souls!!!! I dont understand it?:confused: :confused:

Coupe50h 06-02-2003 12:00 AM

Congress is passing a bill here in TX, if your caught racing, it's automatic felony, and jail time.......we have alot of ignorant drivers here, i guess some people ruin it for others, i am lucky enough to have a track not far from me, so i will keep it there.

Thats what i dont get? we have not one, but two tracks in this city, but people still choose to race on the street.:confused: