MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   stunt by ricer (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26481)

5000cc 07-21-2002 01:03 AM

stunt by ricer

Guys, like they said " there's alway the first time for everything ". I was on I-75 going home today and I spotted this Integra with usual big tip,low and a whole bunch of gauges inside the car. I said to myself " another rice boy ! ", once i'm about to passed him, he signal me to 'gun it'. I thought this guy must be crazy!, but all right , i'm going to play with you. So, drop to fourth and slam the gas pedal, my car leap forward quickly ( thanks to 4.10 ) and i looked to my rear view expected to see him there but to my serprised, he was passing me like nothing!!!. He then slowed down and signal me to do it again, same result. We went at it for about three times and he handed my *** back to me everytime!. He told me that he used 10 pounds of boost and had one gear left!!. That was so embarrassing, i have never got beaten by ricer before!! and the worst thing was i have a full tank of nitrous in the trunk and could not use it, why! the bottle was off that's why. bummer!!

The Deuce 07-21-2002 02:50 AM

Sounds like this guy had a half decent car. I say half, cuz he is missing a bank of his v. Find him and go from a stop. Make sure your bottle is on too. Should give a little different result.

95mustanggt 07-21-2002 06:57 AM

Just Imagine how fast you would be with 10 lbs. of boost :cool:

1969Mach1 07-21-2002 08:07 AM

Guess there is a first time for everything. I must honestly say I don't have much against imports aslong as they are quick. If they just have stupid stickers all over there car and nothing to back it up then I just think there idiots but if they got power then I will give them respect for having a decent car.

§am.

5000cc 07-21-2002 12:31 PM

oh,well you guys are right. If i ever see him again i know it would be different result but you know? all of a sudden i'm start thinking about put boost in my car!! Is that so wrong ?:D

Rev 07-21-2002 01:29 PM

bigger jet, remote valve?

You could just rejet your N2O for more power and get a remote valve for the bottle(s). Of course that'll make you empty the bottle quicker, so you could have tandem bottles. That would be easier and less expensive than a turbo or supercharger.

Rev

MidNiteBlu 5.0 07-21-2002 02:05 PM

That guy wasnt a ricer man. I think this whole ricer thing has gone too far. Now everyone seems to be calling any import car a ricer. IMO that car has respect from me. A turbocharged integra can be a pretty cool car. However he had to spend alot more money than we do :D

later,
Nick

joe4speed 07-22-2002 12:14 AM

It's happened to me too, you have to watch out, sometimes they'll really surprise ya! It's all in fun! :)

*Steeda90GT* 07-22-2002 10:44 AM

It happened to me once in my stock 90GT, I raced a turbo eclipse with PLENTY of mods. Well we took off and he got me pretty bad, he also took out a GN too. Now that I have an S-Trim though, I've done the same to pleny of people too. A turbo-ed Integra pulled up to me once and we raced, I ended up pulling on him hard up top. He was like, wow I never lose, what do you have under there. I just told him exhaust :)

Mach351C 07-22-2002 11:46 AM

what would you really expect? If you had the same amount of money into your car as they did in theres, most likely you would have a faster car. Makes me wonder why they spend so much money on those things?

RPM427 07-24-2002 03:55 PM

There are a few civics down here that will beat vipers no problem. All you can hear from them are the turbo wastgate when they shift. There is also an orange AWD talon that will destroy just about anything on the road.

Torinalth 07-24-2002 09:57 PM

teg was prolly an ITR, lil more power and a better trani. 10 lbs of boost will put them at about 280 to the wheels, plus they are damn light. that was why I origionally got my RSX..... but the illusion fell away when I drove the GT.

I tracked down that dodge stealth (3000GT) and apparently he has 400hp going to the ground. he regularly rips on vetes and supras. I really need my turbo, everyone around me is upstaging me now.

Torinalth

Rice Hunter 07-25-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Torinalth

I tracked down that dodge stealth (3000GT) and apparently he has 400hp going to the ground. he regularly rips on vetes and supras. I really need my turbo, everyone around me is upstaging me now.

Torinalth

Yeah, there really is nothing like 400+rwhp man! Get it, love it, race it.

*Steeda90GT* 07-25-2002 10:12 AM

I have a buddy who has a 10 second Naturally Apsirated Daily Driven coupe who tracks downs Supras/Vettes/Vipers/etc... and just blows their doors off. He said he's gonna spray it and get into the 9s....sick, sick, sick....

ReefBlueCoupe 07-25-2002 10:51 AM

it happens..

build a motor and you won't have to worry about turning on your bottle :P

84LX89GT 07-29-2002 12:30 AM

yeah, some imports will catch you by surprise. My second time to the track i ran a 14.25 (poor traction, like always) to the traction limited 13.9 of the civic hatchback next to me. Granted he had 6,000 into his engine with a jackson racing supercharger, japanese DOHC engine, and completely gutted car (even got rid of his horn button). my mph was around 99 and his was like 103 so he was doing pretty damn good. I was crapping my pants on the top end when he was slowly pulling on me! That night he ran a best of 13.8 and i got a 13.99, but i was impressed about the go that thing had.....other than that all i've seen is either expensive fast imports or slow imports.

5000cc 07-29-2002 01:58 AM

I just checked turbomustang website and saw a turbo company is offering $2500 single turbo kit for mustang. hummm not bad for the price , company claimed up to 500 hp. Maybe i'ld start saving money and put some boost on my car and go hunt for that integra or whatever that come across!!:D Too many fast ricer down here.

STEEDAJEFF 07-29-2002 03:53 AM

or..

Just slap a big healthy procharger on it...

18# of boost does a block good! LOL

Kevn 07-30-2002 02:42 PM

I agree about the ricer title going too far. Originally I thought ricers were only the cars that are all stickers, yellow, interior completely redone with a stock engine, and a whole bunch of useless lights. It seems here all imports are ricers, thats not the case. Some of those guys are just looking for a challenge since its so easy to get a fast V8. They want to do it in half the cylinders, regardless of the fact that its twice the cash spent.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't pull up to the next light and hang your head in shame not even look at him. Did you?

*Steeda90GT* 07-31-2002 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevn
I agree about the ricer title going too far. Originally I thought ricers were only the cars that are all stickers, yellow, interior completely redone with a stock engine, and a whole bunch of useless lights. It seems here all imports are ricers, thats not the case. Some of those guys are just looking for a challenge since its so easy to get a fast V8. They want to do it in half the cylinders, regardless of the fact that its twice the cash spent.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't pull up to the next light and hang your head in shame not even look at him. Did you?

I understand that theres fast imports, but have you looked at those message boards with their kill stories. They make it seem like its so easy to kill a mustang GT, Cobra, or LS1 with just "minor" mods. Then there was a post on hondaclub.com saying how the lightening is stupid. They just couldnt see why ford put so much effort into making a low 13 sec truck. They said "Its just a ******* truck!!! Why the heck would you want a fast truck???"
But then again we can sit here and ask "Why the heck would you want to make a 4 cyl honda fast? It just a ******* honda!!!"

It's a never ending war between imports and domestics:o