MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2000, 11:25 AM   #1
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Post -SUPRA wouldnt race me-

Ok im 16, and I live in Las Vegas NV. I was cruising down the road at night,and a Black Toyota Supra drives by, so I hurry and flip around to try and maybe get a race. I catch up to him, and see that he has exaust that is about a foot wide, and his tag reads "PUNISHER". So I put it in nutraul and throw a couple sick revs. (I have an offroad h-pipe, and the middle of it is disconnected so its really loud and very intimidating!)after I throw the revs I pull up next to him at a red light, and he rolls down his window. I say to him lets race. he replies back and says "I dont race my car". Im thinking What...... so I say to him, "so why does you tag say PUNISHER?" He says that is my nick name. Im thinking again what....and kind of laughing. I say to him "then why do you have a supra." he said,"just to drive". I just laughed at him and sped away.

Whats up with these euro guys? I think what it was is that the guy was scared. What do you guys think?

The SUPRAs are twin turboed stock arent they? Does anyone know what they run in the quarter? My mustang is bone stock except for the exaust and its an AOD, so he may have been able to beat me. Tell me what you guys think about this post?

-=Brett=-
Brady91 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2000, 11:39 AM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Some Supra's are turbo'ed but most are not. The twin turbo'ed ones are fast with a good driver (13.5 in the 1/4). Turbo Supra's have a wing but many non-turbo Supra owners add the wing, so you can't go on that completely. Non-turbo's aren't really too fast (high 14's I think). I blew the doors off one at HRP about a yr. ago.(8-10 car lengths). If it was a twin Turbo, it would have the "Turbo" badge on the back. With the turbo version, you would have your hands full.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2000, 09:50 AM   #3
KillaZ350
Registered Member

He was basicaly trying to tell you he was scared of mustangs.
Most imports race only other imports.

------------------
1991 Z28 Camaro L98 5.7

http://www.IROC-Z.org/3rdgen/BandetZ28-resized.jpg
http://www.IROC-Z.org/3rdgen/BandetZ28-2-resized.jpg
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 01:21 PM   #4
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Be thankful it wasn't a BPU Supra with an owner who wants to race.

Stock 91 GT AODE????? Be thankful it wasn't a TT with an *** for a driver. He would have eaten you lunch.

If you're looking for prey. Bone up on the competition.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 03:03 PM   #5
quikturbo
Registered Member

Talking

Hey Brady,
ok, most stock supras are damn quick, even auto's. There are single turboed, twin, and non-turboed. even some withouth the big wing have turbo's. Trust me, I learned the hard way they have 320 hp stock. with a few basic bolt ons they push around 400hp. Its my next car, I have done the research. That car would have crushed you if it was a turbo. They are sick cars.
DOn't get me wrong, I have owned 3 mustangs 87,89,91. They all ran low 12's on street tires. (nothin beats the sound of some 2 chambers !!) actaully, I am picking up a 91 notch back this summer for a drag car!
there is always someone out there trying to go faster than you.
later
chris

------------------
1999 Eclipse GS-T
not stock
quikturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 12:40 AM   #6
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Brady, what's up with the "Punisher" tag. Was he a WWF Wrestler or just some kind of lame poser?

Anyways, even the non-turbo Supras are 14 second worthy. Get some gears and bolt-ons and even the score.

------------------
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 12:26 PM   #7
Try Me
Registered Member

Cool

He wouldn't race you?
That's what i call dumb.

Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 01:26 PM   #8
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Even the good LS1 drivers fear stock Supra TT's. They run very low 13's in bone stock form. Once they get moving it doesn't get any easier, from what I've read they usually run away from LS1's when the speed starts increasing.

Honestly I'd have to say that any Mark IV Supra could have potentially beaten you, although if he was N/A and had an auto, he may have feared you.

They are one import that has some bite.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 02:04 PM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

The TT Supra is a cool import car. But in my opinion they're like the S351 and Vipers of the domestic world, very fast stock, but very rare.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 02:53 PM   #10
tom351

They are fast. I raced one with HKS turbo and we were dead even up to about 110 mph. We had to let off because of a red light and our desire to live. The driver was cool he was like "that thing is badass" He wanted to see what I had rather than being pissed that a 30 year old car was dead even with him. I was curious what he had too cause I thought I would take him. I felt better about an even race after I saw his mods.(looked stock outside except exhaust, and turbo sound!) I normally don't like japanese cars, but those are cool. They are definitlely not ricers cuz they actually go fast.

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W ,Trick Flow Alum. Heads, C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

My 351W Fastback