View Single Post
Old 04-25-2001, 12:18 PM   #12
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Ok, I have to agree, your crappy 60' times have NOTHING to do with spinning they are from lack of off the line umph. Even with my mods and the 4:10's if I just floor it off the line it will hardly spin at all, and when I powerbrake I just sit in one place. The 15.4@92 is a little closer to where you should be but still on the slow side, I imagine you should pick up 1mph and probably 1.5 or 2 tenths with your tuneup depending on how badly your car needs it. When you launch make sure and powerbrake as high as you can without spinning and use the 1-d-1 shuffle if you want(Some people say it kills the tranny faster). If you do use the 1-d-1 I wouldn't shift at 4500, probably shift more around 5000. As for mods, go with pulleys, 4:10's(I wouldn't get anything lower)shift kit, converter, exhaust, etc etc. Oh and if you want to drop a little time at the track you could get a short belt.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote