MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2001, 11:37 AM   #1
StangDan
Registered Member

Post Missed 3rd and Still had the rice boy

I was cruising with my buddy down Plymouth Avenue in Fall River Mass. which is a local cruise spot around here, when a Turbo Eclipse pulled up next to me bumping his techno and reving his chainsaw sounding exhaust I gave my friend a look then glanced over at the kid in the whiny Talon and I knew it was on, I Turned off all the accesories, made sure my shift light was set, and decided to show this Ricer what a lightly modded 93 GT would do to him. The light turned and i easily had him out of the hole Pulling on him all the way through First and Second I saw the shift light and tried to bang third, but missed(greasy hand from some fast food), he gained up to my tail by the time I grabbed third and thought for sure I was going to have to take a loss, when to my surprise I pulled away from him! I tached out third and by that time the road had turned from two lanes to one and sure enough the kid next to me left with his tail between his legs. To make matters even worse for him there were a bunch of guys with Stangs and F-Body's on the side of the road cheering me on. Well needless to say my very lightly modded 93 GT (money's tight i'm only 19 and in college) roasted the turbo Talon. Long Live The Mustang!!
StangDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 12:25 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking

Nice Kill... I use to miss third all the time till I got that T-handle shifter. My new Stang is my first stick car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 10:02 PM   #3
StangDan
Registered Member

Talking

I just have a Pro 5.0 shifter right now with the stock knob, I don't really like the looks of the T-Handle, my buddy has one, but if you recommend it maybe it is worth trying.
Old 05-10-2001, 10:41 PM   #4
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

Good job!
Funny you mentioned third, i thought i had mastered that shift, until i ran a '90ish Cobra tonight.

I was doing great, until it didn't go into gear, mash the gas, bounce off the redline, then i started falling back

The other guy was cool about it though

I heard you can't miss with a Steeda Tri-X?
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 12:05 AM   #5
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I still have the stock shifter too and have a similar story with a turbo civic i ran at the track, missed 3rd and still spanked him and still ran 14.5, but you said turbo eclipse, then the story changed to a talon? im sorry to sound like an a** but i notice these things, and an AWD talon can launch wicked from a stop but should be no problem for a good running stang, as long as the talon is near stock itself. down here its not rare to find a awd talon running low 12's
nice kill regardless, plus the gsx mitsu and talon are pretty much alike.

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 02:12 AM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

If you miss Third with a Steeda Tri-Ax, you either had to do it on purpose, or shouldnt be racing at all.

Its just about fool proof. Tim C has one on his 99 Aniv GT. All you do is push foward and it finds third. I need me a Steeda Tri-Ax...Maybe thats next on my list.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #7
StangDan
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Sorry about the mix-up between the talon and the eclipse thing, I don't really know which one it was (it was in my rearview most of the time ) But I do know it was wither an Eclipse or Talon Gen II like maybe a 96 or something, I couldn't really make it out being so close together at the red light, all I know is it was a Turbo, and if all those Turbos are AWD then this kid surely could not drive at all, I had him off the line and that's pretty sad because i got a little squealy, Don't worry about being an A** because I appreciate the correction. But to make a long story short, I couldn't tell you if it was a Eclipse or a Talon because I didn't really get a good look at the A** end .
Old 05-12-2001, 02:34 AM   #8
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Well the gsx mitsu is AWD and GS-T is FWD, both turbo, the rs and gs would be competition for my lawnmower they are about slow lol...

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 10:52 AM   #9
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by StangDan:
I couldn't tell you if it was a Eclipse or a Talon because I didn't really get a good look at the A** end .
You still should have been able to tell as the Talon has a big eagle in the middle of front bumper.

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...built head and LSD on the way

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....T04e next week

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 06:22 PM   #10
StangDan
Registered Member

Talking

It was dark and I really wasn't trying that hard to see, next time I race one I will be sure to look harder.