Thread: Tauras SHO
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2001, 11:46 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Alrighty!

The early SHO's had a 3.0L Yamaha assembled V-6 producing 220hp. With the manual tranny they were capable of low 15 second running.

A couple years after their intoduction the auto SHO's were mated to a slightly larger 3.2L V-6 assembled by Yamaha, it to produced 220hp, but because of it's greater size, it was able to give the auto the additional grunt needed.

The 3.4L V-8 SHO was a short lived car, from 1997-1998 or 1999. It made 235hp, but came only with an auto tranny, and the high revving nature of the engine with an auto tranny is what caused that cars performance to slump compared to earlier 5spds. It didn't lose too much though, and it still ran in the mid 15's.

The only problem, especially I'm sure with the older versions, they cost serious $$ to fix. Compare to an RX-7 TT. I'm not joking either. A whole exhaust from Ford could knock a couple grand off your account.

Beware the forced induction on these cars, there are quite a few companies that offer performance enhancing parts for these cars and some will fly. I'll SHO You Performance is one of the larger ones.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote