MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New GT - Wanted a Piece of ME (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31577)

NO SLO PK 11-24-2002 10:50 PM

New GT - Wanted a Piece of ME

New GT Convertible. The owner thought he had a fast car and was hell bent on challenging me. The owner was one cocky SOB.

Before there was even a race, the GT was cruising behind me. Then he pulls around and does a ricer fly-by, and I'm hoping really bad for a red light ahead. My prayers were answered. The stoplight goes red in front of us.

He's staring at me as we pull up (like I said, he was really cocky). I stare back. I throw him a rev...so he can hear the lope in my cam, the long tube headers, and most of all, the blower whine.

He was once staring, but now he is beginning to avert his eyes. I can tell his cocky attitude is starting to disappear. He's realizing he can't undo this without looking like a big moron.

What happens next amazes even me. The GT owner is so anxious to get a hole shot, he nails it when the green TURN ARROW commons on. Luckily, he realizes his error and stomps on the brakes before rolling all the way into the intersection. What a bozo! I threw another rev for good measure.

After what seems an eternity, the light goes green and the GT lurches forward by two lenths. Then I put the power to the 275 drag radials and blow by him at 40 mph. I reach 50, and he's given up. I'm glad, I really don't like going too fast on city streets. ;)

Maybe now the GT driver will think twice when challenging another Mustang. Really now.

srv1 11-24-2002 10:56 PM

HAHA! the green arrow thing was funny! what an asz!

The Deuce 11-24-2002 11:33 PM

I was waiting to see if he wanted to run the 03 or the lx. Nice kill, man. Some people are just plain stupid.

302 LX Eric 11-25-2002 04:17 PM

Nice to see you around the boards again, Russ. ;)

How's the new Cobra treating you?

E

NO SLO PK 11-26-2002 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Nice to see you around the boards again, Russ. ;)

How's the new Cobra treating you?

E

Hey Eric, thanks. The new Cobra's cool, but different than what I expected. It's really quiet, and the engine is really smooth. It's a lot more refined than my LX, but the LX is still faster.

Ty'97Cobra 11-26-2002 05:06 PM

Most people would think a new GT would stomp a lightly modded 5.0. Too bad for him, yours wasn't lightly modded!!! :P :D :D

PS, Did you pay any mark-up for the '03?

NO SLO PK 11-26-2002 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ty'97Cobra

PS, Did you pay any mark-up for the '03?

No dealer markup thank god. I bought the convertible, and it was already enough at $38,900. That's kinda a lot for a Mustang. :( :(

Ty'97Cobra 11-27-2002 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NO SLO PK
No dealer markup thank god. I bought the convertible, and it was already enough at $38,900. That's kinda a lot for a Mustang. :( :(
I'm going to trade the '97 in sometime for a new '03 or '04. But here, in Greensboro, High Point, & Winston Salem, they have a $4,000 markup. The dealer said they 'may negotiate' but in dealer speak, that means 'fat chance' .......lol...... Actually, the first one they got was yellow.. It is still sitting on the lot. I figure I might go talk to them again in Feb or mar and see how bad they want to get rid of a vert ....

Rev 11-27-2002 05:37 PM

Curious

Curious as to how the LX does in th 1/4 mile? '03 Cobra too, for that matter?

Rev

NO SLO PK 11-27-2002 06:54 PM

Hey Rev, how've you been?

I don't think the Cobra will ever get through tech since I don't want to install the NHRA-required 6-point that's required for convertibles.

For the LX, hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

EZRIDN 11-27-2002 06:56 PM

Quote:

DANG...can't hide the money...j/k. In west palm here there is no mark up it seems. the coupes sell for $34,700

Ty'97Cobra 11-27-2002 10:20 PM

Quote:

I don't think the Cobra will ever get through tech since I don't want to install the NHRA-required 6-point that's required for convertibles.

Thats the only drawback... i would love to take it to the 1/4 track (Rockingham)... but i guess they wouldnt let me run, would they???

i guess the 'styling bar' Ive seen on a couple of verts doesnt count?..?...

Rev 11-28-2002 11:14 AM

1/8 th mile?

HRP will let cars run that would need a roll cage, but they have to just do the 660' and shut off there so as to not exceed the ET/MPH rule for the 1330'. If you do break the rule, then they will boot you and not let you run in the future.

Rev

NO SLO PK 11-28-2002 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ty'97Cobra

i guess the 'styling bar' Ive seen on a couple of verts doesnt count?..?...

lol...guess not.

If you want to come to CA to pick up a 'vert at MSRP, I can set you up with the one that sold me mine, no joke.