MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Unhappy The Time has Come

Well unfortunatly the time has come for a new car for my father...Getting rid of the '00 GrandPrix GTP. Although it was a fun car to drive, suprising alot of people. WELL....after about 2 months of looking...we've finally found the car. '98 Corvette 6spd, B&D Tri-Flow exhaust, and a Dual K&N intake. Well unfortunatly my dad's car's gonna kick my *****. Even without mods ..That's the bad news..good news..I'm gonna get to drive it every so often...and I have a feeling it's gonna make me not wanna drive my 5.0. You guys have any ideas on how fast these run in the 1/4? I know the 0-60 times are 4.6 for the 6spd's but i'm not sure about the 1/4 mile times. Man, I wish i could fit 275's on my car.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:49 PM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

They generally run mid-low 13's around 106-108 mph. Some people get them in the high 12's @ 110, but 13's are the norm.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 10:10 PM   #3
Rosco
Registered Member

well...unfortunatly that is gonna be a problem with me racing it...not driving it though...Gotta say..i've always loved vettes ever since we had our '81.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Old 04-10-2002, 10:38 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Congrats man! Enjoy it. I think realistically, a Vette is the only car I would drive over my stang.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 02:22 AM   #5
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea, c5 vette, average 13.2's 109,

A nice set of ported heads, Longtube headers, grs and slicks, mild cam, and goodbye vette.

btw, did you get that video rosco?
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:49 PM   #6
Rosco
Registered Member

Video? The video the Chevy Dealer gives you? No, it's in the car though. My dad actually went to go check it out this morning to have it inspected....results.... Absolutly nothing wrong with it. and only 19k on it...wow. I can't wait to drive it. We're going down next week sometime to pick it up..and yes..I get to drive it back while my dad drives my stang back I can't tell you how excited I am. One thing on how powerful these C5's are.. We test drove some guys up in Rochester to see if we wanted to buy it. Well, the car was in the worst shape I've ever seen one in....Mechanical shape that is. I mean..I seriously think I could've taken it in my stock stang. But amazingly at 25mph going up the onramp...(it was an automatic one)..the tires started spinning as soon as you put the pedal to the floor....Yeah..it spun the tires like crazy..But it wouldn't go anywhere. The one we're getting...my dad had it in 3rd gear..running about 1500rpms, and he laid it to the floor..didn't churp them...but when it hid about 1800rpms It started to throw me into my seat..Wow. Heh..and the exhaust system on it is a $1300 system...You should hear that puppy growl..I'll hafto post a sound clip when i get a chance to record it.
Old 04-11-2002, 08:50 PM   #7
Rosco
Registered Member

OH yeah...if they run 13.2's avg'd in the 1/4 mile...you think the exhaust and dual k&n would get it to about...13 or less?
Old 04-12-2002, 12:11 AM   #8
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea a lid and a maf would get that thing around 13.0's im sure,

The video i was talking about was the one i tried to post, and you said to send it e-mail and you would post it? or did you?

And I have a vid of a 9 second 422 zo7 vette, if you want it lemme know, i just cant post them here....

Did you say the vette is an auto or 6spd?
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 04-12-2002, 03:20 PM   #9
Rosco
Registered Member

Well, actually I lost my website..heh..i hadn't been on it for a while...and my account when inactive. So sometime, when i get time from school, work, and kicking my damn car, i'll hafto set it up again.

The vettes a 6spd, and we're gonna pick it up next week! I can't wait. If you goto the lingenfelter website they have a movie of the 427 TT Auto vette...It's been a long time since the 427 has been the heart of a vette...since...the 70's i think..maybe earlier.. the video's link is right here...it's crazy.. http://www.lingenfelter.com/main/lpe_tt.avi

Oh yeah, they have a body kit too...Maybe my dad would buy that for $25k? hehe..i doubt it.

18"x9.5" 285/30ZR18 - front
19"x13" 345/ 30ZR19 - rear
^--------------------
But it does allow these size tires to fit -----| well..the front tires are as big as the stock rear tires on the c5's...WOW
Old 04-12-2002, 08:20 PM   #10
Atari
Registered Member

Thats cool I know I always wanted a vette when I was a lil kid. I have now looked into the real world and into my budget So now its onto looking into the 5.0s
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 12:01 AM   #11
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Very True!

Actually...I found some decent later years vette's before they switched to the C4's in 1984. God..i really hate those years..they look high off the ground..and..god...everything looks messed up with them...that's what I think...I *would* drive one though...if it had a greenwood body kit...those looook really nice. Talk about budget...my plan is to sometime purchase a 1967 427 Corvette, all original..hmmm...dunno how much that's gonna cost...there's a 327 '67, and the guy is selling it for..i think he wanted like 50k for it...Guess i should start saving my money...or go rob a couple banks
Old 04-13-2002, 12:45 PM   #12
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

well the vid i have, I d/l from a txracing board, a guy from austin owns the vette, its an mti 422, that thing can really move, the guy also owns a 9 sec supra.....*sigh* where do people get the money.....

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 04-13-2002, 02:53 PM   #13
Rosco
Registered Member

ok..where do people get the money...well that's as easy as hell to anwer..MY GOD...they rob banks. That's the only way I really see getting alot of money fast? What..is there something wrong with that? Unfortunatly the car doesn't have the rims my dad wants...it has the thicker 5 spoke rims...SO he's gonna go ahead and order the thin 5 spoke chrome rims, with engraved center caps, and chrome lugs. I'm sitting here thinkin...wow...with that money..i could put a whole exhaust on my car and get it painted I guess ...maybe being old is another reason to spend money..or have alot of it.. Hmm...or it could be working and saving your money for a long time...Nawww...can't be it..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: