MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   a couple runs with a couple 99+GT's... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=17018)

typeR 12-04-2001 07:30 PM

a couple runs with a couple 99+GT's...

I'm alittle wound up still so bare with me...I told you all about a run with a yellow GT a couple months back...it was always from a roll....than at the end i saw a cop tucked away and locked them up trying to turn off...ended up having to bail on that idea...the cop never persued ...well just now, i cought up with that guy...Him and one of his friends were shootin' the $hit ...so i decided to go on up and ask him if he was the guy....turns out he was ,and didnt even see the cop ,we were doing 100+ at the time... well i ask what they've got ...his friend says exhaust, K&N , SUPERCHIP, and he has tires and wheels, wide tires...the guy in the yellow is closer to stock ,exhaust and K&N...stock rubber and no superchip...both are 5mt....thay ask about mine...i tell them ((see sig.300hp/250lb.ft))what i have and tell them HP/lb ft numbers...i say 260 stock ...they both say thats what we are...which i know ...I say but you guys have alot more torque...im only 232.(stock)..but...i have a 7.1K rpm fuel cut...then i ask if they wanna catch a light...the guy in the red gt says ya ,his friend says he'll watch...welp he beat me good... got me off the line... those wide tires... and i spun way too much......we only caught that one, and he turned off....meanwhile his friend the one in the yellow...the one i originally was after, ran with me a couple times...we caught a light...both spun too much, but not super bad...and i had him...half a car...i heard his shift into second with a strong chirp, than came mine...it too was a resounding BARK...now ive got an entire car on him and am still pulling away...100+ and we shut it down.....now heres the funny part...this redkneck in a bronco gets between us...He looks like he just had the best time of his life...he's yellin' hoopin and hollarin'"""WHOOO HOO HOO you packed his $hit dude !!!you fucked him up good...than he's yellin over to my new friend in the GT.. get a real car man!!! he packed your $hit...then he goes what an ACURA???? a god damn honda ...god damn that's a 6 cyclinder he was jumpin up and down in his seat couldnt hardly control him self.... i was tring to be cool...I got beside my friend again, asked where his freind made off too???? he said he bolted... i yelled over i'll catch you around... he was cool...had a russian accent ...only about 25 or so....man that was fun ...so kiddies...5mt GT's can be had especially if... like our selves they are wearing shitty stock rubber ...this was a message i told over at my home board...not flaming anyone...just really enjoyed a really good run...

Hammer 12-04-2001 08:09 PM

Good kill...
Although personally I think its pretty sad that the Mustang hasn't kept up with the "horsepower" wars the last few years... Hence Acura sedans keeping up with and sometimes beating stock stangs...

Luckily, I think Ford has awakened to the shortfall....

The engine choices for the 2003, and to a greater extent the 2004 dew-lite stangs will be much more diverse and deliver much more punch... (and hopefully a lighter frame)

Thank goodness for the huge aftermarket choices for the Stang...
Its kept us at least respectable when compared to Camaros\Trans Ams the last few years...

Actually, I had a CL-S rev on me a few weeks ago...
"Yes, Acura boy... I'm just a lowly slow 98 GT...The slowest V8 stang in 10 years.... I'm no chall..."
GREEN!

I'm sure he checks for that "whistling" sound now... ;)

typeR 12-04-2001 08:39 PM

Quote:

Actually, I had a CL-S rev on me a few weeks ago...
I'm sure he checks for that "whistling" sound now... LMAO:D

Rev 12-04-2001 09:44 PM

What does the CL-S do in 1/4 mile? I guess I'll need to keep an eye out for these.

Rev

typeR 12-04-2001 10:42 PM

14.8 's or so stock..

bigwhitecobra 12-04-2001 11:16 PM

Thank God you don't have that annoying "Ricer" attitude. For the record, I see nothing wrong with making a car to suit your needs/wants. Not flaming or anything, cool?

I had to read you sig a few times before I actually replied to your post. I thought for a second that you were listing your mods or something and was going to give you a hard time, but I's gots it now! :D

Welcome to the board. Hope you stick around for a while. Glad to have you.

Later.