MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2002, 05:58 PM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default Took on a couple a Z28s

I was following a white Z28 with orange racing stripes today when he started revving his engine and weaving in and out of traffic going about 60 in a 35 zone. I did my best to follow him, but I kept my distance and tried not to speed quite so much. Then he got a clear lane right before a cool turn onto a pretty fast road. He slowed down and I caught up to him a little when he gunned it around the corner. Right before he gunned the light turned green for traffic going the other direction and he went around the turn past the merge lane into the normal lane right in front of a truck. I took the turn a little slower as I didn't want to hit the truck. After I made the turn I gunned it although he was so far ahead I couldn't tell if I was catching up to him or not. We had to slow down again and finally he was stopped at a stoplight with me right behind him and no one in front of us. The light turned green and he just sat there for a few seconds then he noticed it turned and took off. I took off a couple cars behind him and I stayed even with him through first then I hit second and I started to gain on him up to about 65. Then we hit more traffic and had to slow down. I passed him and waved and he just kinda looked at me. I pulled off at the next light to go to a much less populated area hoping he would follow,. but he did not. He just revved his engine and burned rubber as he passed me.

On my way home after that I was stooped at the light with two cars in front of me when I hera this rumble in my ear. Another Z28 passed me and had revved in my direction. I have seen this one before, it is red, has a big round wing on the back and a black hood with a big scoop in it. I pulled in behind him and he turned left onto a clear road. He pulled into the far lane, I pulled beside him and I took off, then he took off. I pulled hard on him from the start and he let off real quick and then turned off at a gas station. He only went up to about 35, 40 before he let off. WTF?

They weren't that great of races, but it's the most action I've had in a month(racing at least ).
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:13 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Hey, I'm like you, in droughts, I'll take what I can get.

Must be nice having that blower on board. You think I could safely run an Atrim on my cobra without problems?? Just upgrade the computer and the fuel system?? Thanks.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:38 PM   #3
7up
Registered Member

I actually ran the first z28 again. I think the guy is driving around town in circles looking for races. I talked to him this time, he has a 30 anniversary 97 auto, he said was bone stock. He seemed like a cool guy, he said he was going to get a supercharger too, but we'll see.

I ran him from a stoplight this time right beside him. It turned green and I got a decent launch for once and stayed even with him until the top of first where I started to pull on him a little. I hit second and started to pull a little harder. I shut down at 65 or 70 since we were in town and I was about one car ahead, maybe a tad more. He flew by me when I let off, then he let off.

Anyone know what the 1/4 mile is for those Z28s?

Stoplight,
I'm probably not the person you should talk to about putting an a-trim on your Cobra, but I'm not even sure if they make the a-trim for the Cobra. I think you might have to go to an S-trim. Maybe someone with more knowledge can let you know?
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 01:08 AM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up
Stoplight,
I'm probably not the person you should talk to about putting an a-trim on your Cobra, but I'm not even sure if they make the a-trim for the Cobra. I think you might have to go to an S-trim. Maybe someone with more knowledge can let you know?
No, a bud of mine had an Atrim on his, but he took it off, upgraded to an S, and is having trouble now...but thanks for telling me honestly, rather than pretending to be an expert and leading me astray with bad info. Take it easy,

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 05:39 PM   #5
ricekilla
Registered Member

i used to have a procharger pullied for 9 # on my car but i took it off cuz the maintenance sucked. it kept on blowing my vacuum lines off my intake and blowing out my pcv valve and i hated working on the car cuz of the extra clutter, and hoses. sure the car hauled ***** but to me it wasnt worth it. this time i'm gonna go with nitrous. i know filling bottles sucks but when your not using it, you can forget about it and there isnt a strain on your crankshaft. besides, i would only use it if i couldnt take the other guy on motor. stoplight warrior, you can get an a-trim or an s-trim for that 5.0 cobra, but i would go w/ a pro charger. just make sure you run at least 24 lb injectors, a 190 lph penis pump, and set your timing at about 10 deg btdc, and gap your pugs to 30, your stock fuel pressure should be fine.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: