MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
CobraConv99
Registered Member

Unhappy Track Last Night!! (Good and Terrible)

I went to the track last night. Car was running really good. My best time was 8.39@82.56 mph (8th mile). So I'm feeling really good because I haven't even got close to that before previous best (8.59). When a friend of mine wants me to drive his 99 Cobra hardtop. He was running 8.80's wanted me to see if I could get it into the 8.50's.(8.66 was his best but not last night) So I said I would try. Well I dust the tires off pretty good, and stage. Well I take it to 4000 at first and decide to backoff to 3000 since it's not my car, and I didn't think it would stick. So I launch and start to spin, start to let out stops spinning hit the gas again NOTHING happens except rpm's go really high. Then I put into 2nd NOTHING. Now I'm scared. Well we tow it off the track and to his house looked @ in the dark pretty sure it's the ring and pinion snapped. Cause driveshaft is spinning but nothing is going to the wheels. Checked half axles wasn't broke either. He is taking it to the shop today or tommorrow. Man do I feel terrible!! Then on the way home I develop an exhaust leak where the manifold meets the H-Pipe. I should have just stayed home almost wasn't worth an 8.39!!!!!

------------------
Mods: 4.10 gears, nitto drag radials, o/r h-pipe
CobraConv99 is offline   Reply With Quote