MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Default Track night....

Well, had an interesting night at the track last weekend.

They have been having street night for anybody who wants to run for like $5.00 admitance fee. A car-club from Plainview volunteered to work and so they let them use the tree and hand out time-slips. Not bad for $5.00.

Anyway, lots of the usual stuff around. Rice. Only a few trucks that night (which is not usually the case). Firebirds. Camaros. Big-block purpose built dragsters. A couple of funny cars. One top-fuel style long-and-skinny.

Some of the more interesting ones:

A Z06 was freaking tearing it up. They didn't announce his times, but he was flying. Beat one purpose built dragster. His launch was phenomenal off the line. Don't know if he was spraying anything.

One fox-bodied GT pulled to the line. Looked innocent enough and fairly stock except for the wheelie bar and tall, fat rubber. Oh yeah, and the two 6-foot tall jets of nitrous screaming from his purge valves in the cowl. Damn that thing flew. His first was off spray just to set the launch. He shut down about 1/3 down the track and still ran a 14.5 something (at 3400 feet of altitude). His next licensing run netted a 9.90 with the wheels haning nicely about 1 foot off the ground at launch. Holy crap! His next run he hesitated on second and turned a 9.99.

A friend of mine ran his 750 carbed 347 powered 85GT350 with the 100 pills. I believe he ended up with a 12.20 on his first and second run. I couldn't stick around for his next run. There were a couple of hundred cars there and the 5-line staging area was about a 45 minute wait.

I won't even mention my times. They sucked bad. Let's just say I was turning 2.6 short times.

How many tenths is that 60' killing my et?

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by silver_pilate; 09-11-2002 at 03:43 PM..
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 09:46 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

LAst time I went three cars went up in flames and a pinto lost a drag slick that went about 50 yards down the track. So it sounds like yall have some nice cars up there.