MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Default Hammer needs some traction help...

This isn't necessarily a modular question, so I'm posting it here...

Well,
Before we get into this, here's the new mods going in the next few days:
Tremec TKO, Billet Flywheel, RAM clutch, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, MAC upper and lower control arms.... (The T45 died...)

Here's the question:
I'm planning to go down to Fun Ford Houston but I'm having major problems with traction... crappy 60 foots (2.2s), no traction when going to 2nd or 3rd.... which are resulting in real high 12 second timeslips....

I'm really debating on whether I should be going with some form of slick for the track... (ET Streets or something)
But I'm worried about the stock rear end. This is my daily driver that sees occasional track duty.... I don't wan't to get my baby running good and then start hearing things from the rear after some hard slick driven launches.... (money spending and wife don't get along too well)

I know part of my problem are the Eibach springs, and I know the upper and lowers should help.

The major question I have is whether I should chance my daily driver on slicks or just deal with the drag radials screaming under 380rwhp...

Thanks for your help and I hope to see some of you there!!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I have a similar problem, but unfortunately, not the same amount of HP that you do.

I run BFG drag radials and am very proficient at netting 2.1 - 2.2 60's. It isn't pretty. Anyways, I purchased and installed Steeda upper and lower control arms hoping to curb my 60' dilemas. Well, although I 'feel' that the car handles better/tighter/whatever, I have not noticed any differences in my 60' times.

Your (and my) best chances at good traction is a set of ET streets, slicks, drag shocks, etc. I would think that your stock axles would be alright as long as you don't drop the hammer (just had to say it ) at five grand off the line - albeit tempting.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote