MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Trans Am (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26799)

VeNuM 07-28-2002 12:36 PM

Trans Am

Had absolutely nothing to do last night, so went cruising with a few other friends. We were out on rt 83 at like 11pm when i noticed the taillights of a black Trans Am (new style). So i pull up next to him and his windows must have been painted black because there was no way you could remotely see inside. So I give it a good rev drop down to 3rd and take off. He doesn't follow. Coming up on a yellow light, could have ran it but he stopped, I do the same. I motion for him to roll down his window. He does. I tell him nice car and ask him if he's up for it. He said he didn't want to humilate himself and I could easy toast him off. That said, he rolls up the window, light turns green, I take it hard off the line and he doesn't follow, just cruises along. I don't know what's up with him but any stock sounding Trans Am could easily take me.:confused:

StoplightWarrior 07-28-2002 12:58 PM

Gotta respect the fox fiftys.

The word on the street is that they're no joke.

LOL, nice intimidation kill.

Rev 07-28-2002 12:59 PM

I think a lot of people are just opposed to street racing on principle. That's OK with me as long as they're honest about it.

Rev

FivepointOH 07-28-2002 05:28 PM

Rev: I've been cruising the beltway feeders a lot lately looking for you! Hehe actually i've been trying to go to brentmore and pinemont taking the beltway feeders the past 2 nights(Friday and saturday) but it's been dead. :(

Coupe5oh 07-28-2002 07:04 PM

Yea if he doesnt race cool, but the thing about foxies, is you never know what could be lurking under the hood, it could be stock like ours with exhaust and pullies, or a D.s.s pro bullet stroker with quiet mufflers, beware you f-bods!:D fear the fox lol j/k

The Deuce 07-29-2002 01:55 PM

Quote:

the thing about foxies, is you never know what could be lurking under the hood,
Very true. I was looking at your mods VeNuM, and you have a similar exhaust set up to Skyman. The off road H pipe and 3 chamber flows give a pretty mean sound. His Saleen ran a 12.6 (I think) without the bottle. The T/A likely thought you had the motor to back up your exhaust, and didn't want to run a mid 12's fox on the street.

Nice job.:D

FivepointOH 07-29-2002 03:03 PM

A h/c/i mustang is going to sound way different than a stock stang with the same exhaust.

The Deuce 07-29-2002 04:13 PM

True, but his car isn't going to sound exactly stock anymore either.

Kamaro Killer 07-30-2002 02:46 PM

Exhaust scares a lot of people

I have 2 chamber flowmasters, a stock h-pipe (w/cats) and NO tailpipes and people look at my car in awe. Most ricers I line up to, won't even look in my direction. When I rev my engine, they roll their windows up, :D :D . Nice intimidation kill;) -Keith