MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-26-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Trouble Calls...

Well, i figured I might be catching up with the speed of my fathers Corvette. It's a '98, Dual intake, and a B&D Tri-Flow exhaust. Was planning on adding 3.73's, full 2.5" exhaust with longtubes, and possibly a h/c/i combo. But.. lol it's all over now. My father has decided to put a little money into his car. He's going to be installing a Magna Charger System on his C5. He's been talking to a couple people who have already done this, and they've been pushing around or above 500hp at the wheels from 5-7 psi. Guess i shouldn't help him install it this winter... Any kind of idea how fast this thing should be if he can actually hook up?
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Low 11's
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 07:42 PM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Too bad he wont let you drive it anymore! Dont worry though, their is plenty of go-fast goodies for the Stang that can hand him hes asz. How much was that supercharger you are getting?

James
Old 11-26-2003, 08:40 PM   #4
Rosco
Registered Member

Hey, now who said he wouldn't lemme drive it anymore If i'm going to help him install the damn thing..i better get to drive it..er...go fast as hell in it..heh...Think it'll have a chance of pulling into high 10's? He might get the intercooler with it..so a possible addition of 8 or 9 psi might be possible. I think I got it priced at 1600 for the paxton 5psi. Well now that i know that dealer/vendor guy...and no it's not Tony... He works at Maines So it's not someone that will screw me over. hehe He's got a s/c sitting still new for a 94-95 5.0 . So i might check with him on what stuff he has left still.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Old 11-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

He should buy one of those twin turbo setups for it

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:43 AM   #6
fastang
Registered Member

I suggest living vicarously through your fathers vette...cuz your mustangs NEVER gonna catch it street legaly. Help your dad install the kit whether he lets you drive it or not. The experience with your father is worth more than anything else tangible. Unless you swap a blown stroker in there your not gonna catch pops and that will never be street legal. If the mustang is a second car than go for it. But it doesnt sound that way. Good luck and let us know how it turns out
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 02:27 PM   #7
Rosco
Registered Member

Well....the twin turbo setups from lingenfelter are real nice. The lowest one can get you 550hp. But he should be making around that with the Magna Charger He his buying from them. The whole 550hp kit from lingenfelter got lowered..to something like $23k. LoL. A bit high for his money. The only trouble we're having right now, is finding another hood that can clear the charger. I know a couple people who are running mid - low 11's on street tires in mustangs...more or less a engine swap or a twin turbo setup. But who knows what will happen in the future
Old 11-27-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
Coupe50h
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fastang
I suggest living vicarously through your fathers vette...cuz your mustangs NEVER gonna catch it street legaly. Help your dad install the kit whether he lets you drive it or not. The experience with your father is worth more than anything else tangible. Unless you swap a blown stroker in there your not gonna catch pops and that will never be street legal. If the mustang is a second car than go for it. But it doesnt sound that way. Good luck and let us know how it turns out
Not true.

Yea it takes money, and the vette has the advantage, but it possible to have an 800hp daily driver stang, look at the latest, maybe last mm&ff mag, the saleen look a like in the back, that guy cruises that stang around quite often, except in the rain because of the e.t. streets, but with proturbokits around, we are getting some unbelievable #'s from street driven stangs, yea i realize these guys make kit's for f-bod's and vettes as well, it all comes down to money, but the corvette's will shatter a rearend before a mustang will with all this boost, at the track i still think the stangs got it sowed up...jmo

edit: this guy i mention, his car has gone through some changes, but i reemeber seeing it at the track knocking off 11.0's on drag radials, at some crazy mph, and his car had a.c and t.v screens in it!! if i remember it was 3400+ lbs, or something like that, it's now a c6 auto, he was breaking the tremmec's.
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 04:08 PM   #9
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosco
The only trouble we're having right now, is finding another hood that can clear the charger.
Lingenfelter sells the hood i believe for that blower. M6--127+ mph in the 1/4. A4 124 in the 1/4+....

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 05:31 PM   #10
Rosco
Registered Member

Yeah, he sells 2 hoods for it. But honestly none of them really look good. I think we're going to go with the ACI hood. The rise starts alot closer to the front of the hood as aposed to the other one, where it basically looks like a big shelf you can store things on top of.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:52 PM   #11
srv1
Get down.....

I second that Coupe5oh. Don't worry, your Stang is not useless. Of course it takes money. I remember last year a guy in California built a 6 or 800hp Hatch Mustang that pass California emissions. It can be done and we have seen it done. I dont know why Fastang said that. Your pops has the advantage, but their is many Mustangs running what he would run legally(define legally).

James
Old 11-29-2003, 02:38 AM   #12
blue oval 50h
Registered Member

Rosco, drop your car off, we'll put something together ON MOTOR to take out that vette............
Old 11-29-2003, 06:09 PM   #13
Rosco
Registered Member

for free? if so sure thing, i'll drive it down as soon as you gimme the address you want me to bring it to

Hopefully I can get a built motor off a guy from work. $1300 for a 500+ motor with no intake system.