MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-05-2002, 05:45 PM   #1
UK_Stang
Registered Member

Default Trounced a V6 Golf

Hello! This weekend I just picked my car up from having the 3.55 gears fitted, (the place that fitted them is over 2 hours away) and was driving it gently home when I got stuck behind a queue of cars behind a truck. I sat there for a while not able to overtake, when I noticed a silver car weaving in and out of the traffic behind me. I knew that we were coming up to two long straights so I waited, he ended up behind the car behind me as we approached the first straight, I dropped to third and floored it and I saw the Golf swing right out with the nose in the air, but as I went past the truck and changed to fourth I realised how much I was beating him (I hadnt tried the gears in anger!), when we reached the next town I had to pull in for some petrol and I watched him go past and I noticed it was a V6 4motion model, they are supposed to be quick, guess it made me realise how quick "quick" is!!
UK_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:04 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Good Kill!

Gotta love gears in a mustang!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
tinner
Registered Member

yea the vw oners are talking alot of **** lately we need to nock them of the high horse they are on ...........anyway good kill

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 08:22 AM   #4
UK_Stang
Registered Member

Default England kills

Yeah , I know what you mean, there are loads of "rice" cars or Jap ***p as we call them over here because they are right hand drive like we are. Some of them run mid 13's easily which is annoying as I am only in the 14's but as one of my friends says, you can't beat the sound of a V8 being given some stick!!

First meeting of the season is 24th March for me, visit www.ukstreetracers.com to see what we get up to!
UK_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: