MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
stangt00
Registered Member

Default Trying to showoff to GF

So there I was, a nice cool Wed night. Hadnt had the car too long at the time, so I had the basic bolt ons: Mac cold air, flowmasters and underdrives. Walked in the local bar and a buddy of mine was there talkin to his friend, a latino from around the way, so I went over and said whats up. Almost immediately the Mustang conversation came up. One of the first things out of his mouth "I havent been beaten yet"! Sounded like a challenge to me so instead of the usual "what you got" I said "Wanna go?" He had his hot lil girlfriend with him so right away he said "Let's roll" My friend followed in his camaro, snickering all the way. Light turned green and I was GONE within seconds I pulled 2 cars on him chirping into 2nd, taking it to 90 mph with 6 cars on him. I pulled into the corner Mobil, he and my friend followed. He got out of the car, knelt down on one knee, bowed his head. All I could do at the time was lmfao. I shook his hand and said lets go grab a beer. He bought all my drinks that night and was thereafter, Humble. Oh, he was running an 02 stang automatic with chip, pulleys, mass air, cold air, t/b and mac catback.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.

Last edited by stangt00; 04-18-2003 at 03:42 PM..
stangt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
inferno
The Instigator

Two things about this post don't seem right. Based on the mods in your sig and the mods to his car, I have a hard time believing that you beat him by 6 cars unless you forgot to mention that his was an 02 V6 Mustang. Also, what is up with the title? Makes no sense at all and I see it as a racist comment. Maybe you should change the title.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
stangt00
Registered Member

Ok, the title is changed, and I can see how it may have been taken the wrong way. Sorry if it offended you. As for the rest of the story, tis all true. In the rearview mirror 6 cars is what it looked like to me. May have been less, but not much, maybe 5. He did have an automatic, 2 people in the car, and shitty reaction but hey, that's not my fault. A kills a kill. And as for my current setup, 253 RWHP aint bad. Specially with 3.73's.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.

Last edited by stangt00; 04-18-2003 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-20-2003, 07:11 PM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

he gets down on one knee? come on!!
Old 04-20-2003, 07:56 PM   #5
stangt00
Registered Member

Swear to God cross my heart and hope to die, no **** love you long time. I couldnt believe it myself. I kinda knew the guy from around, a nod here, a whats up there, never a real conversation. I have absolutely nothing to gain by posting this thread with the details. I dont know you or anyone else here from a hole in the wall. However, I can refer you to my friend in the Camaro who's on another message board who would be more than happy back up my story. Look for Phatboost on turbobuicks.com message boards.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:33 PM   #6
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I don't see why you guys are giving him a hard time. First off, a stock 5-speed will beat a stock auto by a few carlengths to begin with. He's also got more mods than the other guy and gears, too.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:57 PM   #7
Rev
Registered Member

Default Yes, I agree

The melodramatic stuff is a little hard to swallow, but I don't see any reason to doubt the actual result (a win by a few lengths).

I am wondering what the original title is? It pisses me off a little when things are modified to the point where one cannot determine the original meaning or even the title of the thread.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe

Last edited by Rev; 04-21-2003 at 06:28 PM..
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:24 PM   #8
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: Yes, I agree

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev
The melodramatic stuff is a little hard to swallow, but I don't see any reason to doubt the actual result (a win by a few lengths).

I am wondering what the original title is? It pisses me off a little when things are modified to the point where one cannot determine the original meaning or even the title of the thread.

Rev
Exactly! You hit the head right on the nail!
Old 04-22-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
inferno
The Instigator

Well you all are aware that people's car length estimators are generally not very accurate. Like I said, parts of his story are a bit on the fishy side as you guys have also pointed out.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:23 PM   #10
typeR
Registered Member

he's got that disclaimer on his rearview anyway..."objects in mirror may appear more car lengths away than they acctually are"
299$ lowered 1.0/1.25
999$ headers 30 whp

look on there face...pricless
PB 1/4 13.794@101.54
typeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 10:15 AM   #11
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Hey, good kill stangt00.

A kill is a kill, yes, but if I beat a somewhat comparable car by that much of a distance, if he were somebody I know and if I had the time, I'd have to race him again, cause I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with a race like that. It is likely that something must've gone wrong on his end. I'm not disrepecting your race or anything, just giving my opinion if it were me, that's all.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote