MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Two 5.0's at the same time and turbo probe smack down. (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=27091)

Dark_5.0 08-03-2002 08:56 AM

Two 5.0's at the same time and turbo probe smack down.

On the way to pick up my girlfriend last night (in tha cobra) I slowly pass a parking lot full of rice, one of the ricers in a turbo probe throws me a rev. I thought to myself (since my girlfriend wont let me street race this could be the only action I get all night)...So I pull into the lot and ask the guy (you wanna race or what).....He said yeah but from a roll so my turbo can spool up....Of course I said sure thing. We went from a 30mph roll and I smoked his @ss by at least 12 cars to 100mph. What a joke.

Later that night when we were cruising the drag, all kinds of cars were trying to race me, but I knew if I raced she would get pissed. It was killing me:mad: .......It was getting late and I was ready to head home. I stopped at a red light and all of the sudden I had a 5.0 on my right and a 5.0 on my left revving like crazy. To my surprise she looked at me and said "Go ahead".........When the light turned green I spun pretty bad and both of the 5.0's had a 1/2 a car on me. I caught traction on the 2nd gear shift and started pulling ahead. about half way through 3rd I had a couple cars on them. at the next light they both gave me a thumbs up and said nice car.

My girlfriend was as pumped as I was:)

I love the mustang community, we all respect eachother and we all love to race :cool:

Later,

LX5liter 08-03-2002 09:29 AM

Sounded like fun, I hope your girlfriend wasn't too mad at you afterwords, I know my wife sometimes says one thing but means something different. (eg. "I don't mind if you go out with the guys")

venumus93 08-03-2002 03:39 PM

Re: Two 5.0's at the same time and turbo probe smack down.

Dark:

Good job on the turbo Probe & 5.0 smackdowns! Gotta love a strong running Snake!:-)...my wife is cool like that too, so glad you got the good race at the end of the night!
later!

Sean

Dark_5.0 08-04-2002 01:23 AM

Thanks for the replies, Venumus93 I love your year of cobra. I would like to get one and just use it as a full on race car.
I might sell my 88GT and look into that later this year.

Later,

7up 08-04-2002 02:15 PM

Nice kills. My ex girlfriend would not let me race anyone at all. She said she was too embaraced.:rolleyes: I tired to race a 97 Cobra one time and she said if I raced him she would get out of the car and walk home. She was dead serious, maybe that's why we didn't stay together too long. :p

venumus93 08-04-2002 03:42 PM

trade?

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Thanks for the replies, Venumus93 I love your year of cobra. I would like to get one and just use it as a full on race car.
I might sell my 88GT and look into that later this year.

Later,

...or we can trade! Your '01 for my '93 with just short of 110K miles on it!:D
Really, I love my car but sometimes I wish I didnt have all the little things to worry about with a 100K+ mile car. But then I clean it up, detail the engine bay, go cruisin' & decide there is no better car on the road around here! When I get some sticky tires later this year & get some real track #'s I'll be even happier.
Later!

Sean

84LX89GT 08-09-2002 01:47 AM

Good kills Dark_5.0!
I'd love to be able to watch or be in a race with 3 mustangs at once :D That's pretty cool your girlfriend went along with that race!

89 Cobra LX 08-09-2002 07:48 AM

Nicely done Dark 5.0.:cool:

My girl is totally cool about racing now. I know she wasn't when we first met, but it has really grown on her. She totally cheeses-out when I start talking to a guy after we race... it's almost embarrassing. Anymore I'm like "Jesus, wipe the smile off your face. This guy just got his azz handed to him and I don't think he wants to see you rubbing it in.":D

Hopefully it will grow on your girl and she'll start to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

95mustanggt 08-09-2002 08:02 AM

Was the Turbo Probe one of the older 4 bangers with the factory turbos? I have heard so many young guys talk how those cars are "so fast". HA HA, not as fast as a Cobra!

Dark_5.0 08-09-2002 09:26 AM

Yes it was a factory turbo'd probe with a few mods and more boost.

I wasnt impressed.:o

In his defense though he has some major traction issue's. He started spinning when we went from a roll, so he is making some good power but he had skinny front tires and not much driving ability.

Later,