MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2002, 05:01 PM   #21
Unit 5302
Registered Member

No, what he's saying is that all LS1's trap 113 with a filter and catback (even though most trap 106ish (don't know where I posted 103 ) and that all LS1's trap 106-109 bone stock, and that no LS1 can be beaten by any stock vehicle (save for one that is so blatently superior for speed that it's impossible to argue), and that no LS1 can have a bad driver, and that ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, who could possibly claim to have beaten an LS1 with a car that doesn't meet the "brutally faster than an LS1 in every test" requirement is not only dogging the LS1, but a liar, too.

Then he looks around for some way to pick a fight in a place where he comes off like an ignorant spaz monkey. I've so had it with this bullshit. Get the **** outta here if you can't read. Take that idiot sedanman with you. I know he likes it in the rear cause your penis is so damn small it doesn't hurt his tight ***.

Here in the land of reality, 4mph is a SIGNIFICANT improvement over stock. Especially on a car that's already trapping 109 (your own best case scenerio). So unless your filter and a cat back adds 50hp, proclaimed by the all powerful LS1 authorities to be insignificant mods (not lightly modded, moron), you are totally full of ****, or you ran at a broken track. I never claimed my GT is trapping 105 (which would also be way more than enough to run with 80% of the stock LS1's out there car vs car), which would be the equivelent of what you just did, nor did I EVER claim the LS1 is a pushover. I simply stated they are not the end all of performance. Sorry it got your little tweeter in a kink. Maybe next time you'll stay at home screwing your wife (the one with the gills) with your 2" dick, quit misquoting, and generally being a moron.

Have a nice day, idiot.
Old 05-18-2002, 05:59 PM   #22
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

As I said, I don't have a stake in this, but it's getting out of hand.

Name calling isn't necessary, and dropping our flies and flopping them out to see who's is bigger is petty and juvenile.

At the same token, coming onto a Mustang board and verbaly assaulting someone who's been around for a long time and is known to go into fits of name calling and insults isn't all that bright either.

All this over the merits of a car. The LS1 is a great engine. So's the trusty ol' 302. So's the newer 4.6. Each can be beat by the other. Nothing is invincible, we all know. With the same token, you must respect your opponents as they are damned powerful motors.

Let's just leave it at that. This thread will likely quickly deteriorate from here, if that is possible....I need no Jamaican prophet to tell me that.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
Old 05-18-2002, 08:31 PM   #23
EZRIDN
Registered Member

When i first came to this board, i was impressed by the people. Check my member date.

Now the "Great Ones" and the "Best Drivers" are the ones who have NEVER even run their cars on the track.

I have a feeling that this is one of my last post here.

Mercury...the Vette is for real.

UNIT....What can i say?

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

Old 05-18-2002, 10:34 PM   #24
Aquaman
Registered Member

Silver Pilate - Your Right Comming on a forum that I'm really not a part off and spouting off is not the coolest thing but after listening to him babble about his "FREAK" and how easy it is to beat LS1's I had to say something Sorry.

Mercury - If you think for a second I'm a bench racer you are mistaken. I have never backed down from a race and have instigated more then most. I live in the real world not in magazine land and in the real world even a poorly driven C5 can pull mid 14's with mistakes. I messed up misaligned my linkage after an airborn excursion at 130 and at the track had trouble grabbong 3rd still turned in a 13.9@103 but my 1/8 I was at 84. I also did a 1-2-5 shift and ran a 13.9@94 so running 16.0 is almost impossible even with a 1-4 shift they run mid 15's in the 90's. So for you to have said that C5's in your area run 16's.....that seems a little off to me but I'm sure your right all those damn Va. C5's must have gotten the V6 from the camaro by mistake. Silly me. As for finding a Mustang that would perform as well as the lowly "Corvette" Since I bought it used I could have found a lightly used S351 and had roughly the same results but it's too nose heavy and like all mustangs till the 03 Cobra it just doesn't do very well at the track It pushes way too hard and to many issues with the S/C. Plus they had alot of overheating issues. though it's a good looking car. and maybe last years overrated Cobra "R" but I want consistant not over rated.

Unit - Dude what is your preoccupation with penis's. First the Acronym of it for your name then you mention in every response to me Do you have something you want to tell us? Because it seems maybe you do?

Anyway I do not believe that LS1's are unbeatable did you read my response? or are you just proving your ignorance. I said that I would very likely loose to many people on this forum just not to you in your lightly modded "FREAK" 87GT. sorry boy it just isn't going to happen.

Don't believe my 113 trap speed then race me or find a fellow mustang guy around here and we'll tape the drubbing and send you a copy. Though I have beaten a bullit by 7+ cars to 100 from a 50 roll with witnesses and a passenger but still dont believe me then please line up a race. 1/4 mile, then a 20 roll to 100, 45 to 100, 50-120,130,170? you tell me I don't care but I will race. I'll fill the guys tank if I loose and want nothing if I win other then for you to shut the hell up.

Everyone - for those of you that E-mailed me your welcome and I too am sorry you have to listen to such a jerk.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:54 PM   #25
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

No problem, Aquaman. Everyone is allowed a few follies now and again, and some, it seems, more than others. I don't hold anything against you, and I'd gladly lose to you in a street race sometime.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
Old 05-19-2002, 01:59 AM   #26
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yes, this does seem to be getting out of hand. We are all adults..(Well Maybe not, but were more civilized than this),We should be able to discuss this in a more mature wayWITHOUT CALLING ONE ANOTHER LIARS

Just because one does not like the truth (There are no fingers being pointed at anyone), that does not make it a lie. If one isnt mature enough to handle that, then they need to grow up.

I've also noticed that a few of the people arguing here, have only posted on these threads, and have contributed nothing of any use to this site, other than to throw gas on a fire.

We here are all pretty level headed, and for the most part seem to be fairly educated. All of us have certian strings that when pulled, we errurpt, and take defense. Everyone has them.

As for not being part of the Mustang Works site anymore, There's no one stopping you from posting, and theres no one there making you post or read.

If you choose to stop being part of the site because of one or two members posts on one or two threads, then thats your choose.

We do have alot of Quality members on this site. ALot of very very smart people, with a wide variety of intrests and fields of experience. Just because of few of them dont see eye to eye with a respective member is no reason to think there are no, or few, quality members.

Something that should also be considered, and I thought was common sense is, if you go to a site, and want to see the best out of people, you dont knock the subject matter that the site pertains to, nor do you spout off calling people liars. That would be the equivalancy of going to a site for Gay People and posting stuff like "Damn Fags" (Or something equally as cruel, and insensitive), or going to a God loving religous board speaking of devil worship, or islamic practices. Pretty common sense Right??? Its apparent that its not.

One thing I have to throw in....AquaMan..I have scene, along with anyone else that was at the 5.0 Civil Wars at Rockingham a few weeks back, saw a Vette Z-06 turning 15.6's. Several of them, and NO, the guy didnt miss a gear. Then another driver hopped in and ran a 12.6 at 111.. Yes, a Z-06. I think Rage was there Saturday..Hey Rage..Did you see that one?
Old 05-19-2002, 09:56 AM   #27
Aquaman
Registered Member

Mercury - Not that you give a crap about my opinion but I glad to see you poat a level headed response after reading your other posts I knew you had it in you. I said it before that it was probably not right of me to walk into this forum and immediately start crap but you know as well as I do that you did basicly the same thing though yours was not aimed at one specific person.

Unit has a serious chip on his shoulder I believe that to be obvious to everyone but himself. I have lurked on this and other mustang forums for awhile and he's got issues (we all do).I have had now 9 of your members E-Mail me to say thanks for standing up to the guy. They are tired of hearing his BS. And they are tired of lesser members kissing his butt. so that he won't attack them.And I believe that alot more then 9 feel that way it's just 9 that spoke up to me.

I grew up being a mustang guy (BTW i'm 30 not exactly mid-life crisis time)and stuck with them all through the 80's and early 90's And not to piss anyone off but when I saw that ford was not commited to being competative, no stripper 1LE type cars, no platform changes anytime soon, de-tuning their cars as GM was pumping them up, the final straw's was the 93 Cobrs R and then the 94's I thought for sure the cobra would make us competative on the road courses again but it was no better then the Saleen we were campaigning then the 94 came out with less power!

I still like mustangs but unfortunately the norm has become that they are owned by some people who would be better off owning celica's. their mentality sucks and they fail to recognize that their car is not the be all end all. it's a fun easily modded, easily worked on car that can be made to be VERY fast but it's not as easy as just adding a few parts and thats what many of them think. hence my assocaition with rice. This is not true of everyone and hopefully not the majority but almost everyone of them that run around in groups here in indy are unclear as to what their car can do.

I have another question If you race a Z06 and he screws up a shift or two and smokes them bad does that make your 13.? second car a Z06 beater? or does it mean that you beat a Z06? does it then mean that LS6 engines are crappy. and that LS6's are easy to beat?

If I was in my old 93 LT1 Vette and beat a new 03 Cobra because he could not get traction and I shut down before he could reel me back in I sure as hell would not run around saying that 03 Cobra's are crap but if I did I would EXPECT the Cobra faithfull to tell me what they think.

I have done no different

I did not buy a vette for status as you said If that were the case I would have bought a lighty used F355 or early 90's Diablo both can be had for under 110K. Or even the Viper but again it wasn't practical (ever taken a trip in one) And I had a vette liked it for all that it offered, great handling, comfortable without the F45 suspension, Luggage space, Targa roof, 6 speed, It mods very well and because I love the way they look. Vettes may not do anything for you just like GN's did nothing for me back in the day.But I still respected them for what they were.

Anyway thats my take.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:13 PM   #28
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Can ya get a mid 90's Lamborghini or Ferrari Serviced? Hell, some of the late 70's ferrari's go for 20k to 30k but I figured getting them serviced would be very expensive.

While I dont agree with Unit on this subject, I'm not going to call him a lair. I'm not going to call anyone a lair unless I have proof in some way, shape, or form.

Aquaman, I did not re-read my last few posts, nor was I talking about myself. My point obviously went right over your head. I stand by everything I said, Despite what you said earlier (The meaning still escapes me) I stand by my word, I dont run and hide (This is the internet, where can I run and hide to???duh.). Unless I know I made an error, I will apologize, but in this case, I said nothing wrong, or untrue. And I will continue to stand by my word. Unlike some people on this particular thread, I know to admit when I'm wrong.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:28 PM   #29
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Ok, I wasn't going to type this, but it keeps nawing at me. The 9 people that e-mailed Aquaman. Why didn't you just tell Unit to his face????? What are you scared of? My God. I talk to Unit and while we don't always agree with him, I will tell him when I don't agree with him. Yes, I will admit sometimes he's a royal ***, but I'm not scared to tell him so. He know's my views on the LS-1 kills. There are just too many possable variables that could have happened to deturman why Unit won. He SHOULD have gotten beat, but he didn't. So what, I've out run a 89 GT 5-speed TWICE in a row at the track.

Aquaman, yes if I beat a Z-06 because he drives like ****, then YES it is a win. He may royaly kick my *** the next time we race, but we will still be 1-1. I don't go, "well golly he SHOULD have beaten me, so I guess I can't count that race." Then I guess Mercuy can't count all those races he's won against LS-1's.

Look no one's ever gonna agree on this thread, so please just let it die. Nothing but more and more flames will come from this thread. So just LET IT GO!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-19-2002, 02:17 PM   #30
Rev
Registered Member

This thread reminds me of that Aesop's fable where the turtle beat the hare.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 05-20-2002, 12:49 AM   #31
Unit 5302
Registered Member

If somebody has something to say to me, bring it. I have my email listed, it's been posted, and I have a PM box that's not full.

I'm going to state this AGAIN. I'm sick and tired of all the LS1 humping in this forum. I'm sick and tired of seeing every single kill of an LS1 called BS by a bunch of guys, I'm tired of hearing how they cannot be beat, I'm tired of seeing obvious cases where the Mustang owner beat the LS1 because the Mustang was faster and then seeing a bunch of LS1 humpers say, well you just got lucky, or you should have raced to a real speed, or you just wait until I get my heads ported. My button has been pressed, and re-pressed dozens of times. I'm tired of being misquoted as saying the LS1 is easy to beat, or that my car should have beat the 3 I have beaten. I'm tired of outside A holes coming in here, stirring up ****, and not having just about anybody from the Mustang side back another member up. I'm tired of the LS1 crowd acting like a bunch of ricers quoting the LS1 at the very pinnacle of it's performance capability as if that's the time and speed that every LS1 in the country should run every time. I don't see the 87-88 5.0 5spd quoted as a 13.8 car here. Yet their have been those cars not even broken in run those times with no money in them at all, but every LS1 is a high 12/ low 13 car that traps 106-109. You all wonder why I'm so damn pissed, and why I'm so brutal in my responses? It's because I feel I'm just about the only person on this board who gives a rats *** about the stock Mustang's anymore. Nobody backs any members up on the board, nobody even believes what the older Mustang's can do. Every single day I wade through a bunch of posts with poor information being handed out and I see dozens of mismatched combos where people have spent tons of money on their Mustang only to have it run a little faster than what a stock Mustang is capable of. You do not need to stick $2k into a fox 5.0 to get it into the 13's, and if you have a 13 second car, a stock LS1 is not out of reach depending on the driver, and the model of LS1. Everybody likes to think they are a great driver, but the bottom line is, not many are. If I'm a great driver, and I have a high 13 car being great, and I take a jump and run a shitty driver in an LS1, chances are pretty good he's not gonna beat me until the obvious advantages in horsepower and aerodynamics come into play. On the street, you take your advantages and you use them. You're not running to lose, and you're not running for a better R/T, or E/T. You're running to show your car's taillights to your opponent. It doesn't stop there though. Nope. Every time I try to step in and be the voice of reason a bunch of LS1 guys decide my kills are BS. They come out of the woodwork, and they have their friends from other sites come in. They insult me, insult the member who made the kill, call BS, stir **** up, and WHAT DO I SEE? Not a fricken thing from 80% of the other stangers. I've only seen this happen what seems like 100 times. While EZRIDN doesn't want to give any credit to anybody who owns a stock Mustang, or me cause I don't have an entire weekend and $100-$200 bux to bring my car to the nearest place I can run only to get 1-3 passes in, I've been driving GT's for years. Running NSX's, RX-7's, LT-1's, LS-1's, Ricers, Jaguars, Benz's, other Mustangs, Muscle Cars, Corvette's, and tons of cars that are supposed to kick my ***. I've lost too, but VERY rarely. I've killed WAY more cars that were supposed to be able to kick my ***, and I've beaten cars that WERE faster than mine by outdriving the guy in the next lane. My best race ever was against a modded 340 Cuda. The Cuda definately had more than me. The driver did not. Doesn't matter. Nobody called BS on that kill, and it's way less believable to me that a cammed, headed, intake, carbed, geared, drag radialed 340 Cuda would be a pushover than a stock LS1.

Anybody thinks I like being an ******, you're wrong. Anybody who thinks I love the Mustang, I've driven it in near stock form to a ton of very impressive kills on the street, and I hate to see it dogged because other people haven't seen it at the track are correct. Anybody thinking that I don't like to see members have BS called on every difficult kill they get and a gang of groupies waiting for their favorite car to get killed on the street so they can jump the member who put his work, time, and faith into the seat of a Mustang is right. Anybody who thinks I'm just going to roll over while a bunch of people call BS and insult me is DEAD wrong. You don't like my tone, screw you. I'm not the one insulting you unless you come after me or spout of blatent BS. How about I see more backing of members when they post a kill they are proud instead of calling BS on them, and maybe a little backup for when they do get the BS flag waived. You guys can love the LS1 if you want. Just don't take a dump on the stock or modified Mustangs out there while humping the LS1 and expect me to sit back and watch that garbage.

Have a nice day.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:56 AM   #32
tireburner163

I second what he said

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-20-2002, 08:40 AM   #33
Aquaman
Registered Member

Unit -I understand your frustration to a point because on "my" forum I patrol the kill section pretty hard and fight for my beliefs as well. But I never contradict myself the way that I have seen you do. And I have never challenged a fellow Co-Vette owner to a race because I think my car is so damn "freakish". Your fellow Mustangers would probably be more willing to stand behind you if you didn't challenge them so often.

I have just a few things for you that have been sticking with me. On your LS1 humpers post you said "Those LS1's will get beat or beat me by very little if they are stock" then later in the post you say "Avg LS1 guy mid-high 13's, good low-mid 13's" but earlier in your post you said you run a 14.19@103 with a G-tech and I would say your time is right but the MPH is off by 2-4 MPH they almost always are on the G-tech. Anyway your car was not in the best running condition I picked up on that so Lets say you are off by .2-.3 making it a high 13's car. so then you by your own admission are in the high end of the Avg LS1 driver yet you believe that you will beat or barely loose to any LS1 you race?

I also never said you didn't beat the LS1's you said you beat I don't doubt that you did or the Cuda' but in my world 4 MPH is alot "sound familiar and so is .2-.8 the margin that good to some avg LS1's would beat you by. Again by your own statements.

As for Sedanman I can tell you he is very loyal to Mustangs and has posted a few C5 kills on "my" forum as well. when he is meet with doubt I stand up and say what the facts are. Many of the people on my forum know me personally and know I don't lie or inflate crap I call it like it is. And when I'm wrong I'll admit so. Sedanman did not have me come on here he doesn't even know I'm here because he's was at some Mustang thing in St. Louis that I would have gone to if I wasn't so busy here trying to get the stink of Aquavelva off me. BTW thanks for telling me it's out of style. I didn't know because my Gilled wife doesn't have a nose.

Mercury - Speaking of being Wrong "I" was and I'm sorry. I confused myself and thought you were the one who popped in on CF and spouted that crap. It was Mike Navigator. I have a friend on CF that goes by Mike Mercury and somehow combined them took off the MIKE part and well I was wrong sorry.

As for the Repair of the Ferrari / Lambo it is damn pricey not anything I want a part of My dad pays almost 10K for routine service at the dealer for his cars and they break alot. They are pretty but kinda fragile. If you ever think I'll pick up a 308/328/348 because they are cheap 20-40K stay away those have a horrible repair record his 512's are only a little better but not much. The Vette is way more reasonable but the service guys are not as nice as at the Italian dealers. Maybe because they don't get to rape you the same way. 80-100 an hour

As Unit would say - Have a nice day
Old 05-20-2002, 10:16 AM   #34
tireburner163

It's good to see that all the flames are gone. I hope that we can now discuss this as mature adults.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-21-2002, 03:41 PM   #35
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
EZRIDN doesn't want to give any credit to anybody who owns a stock Mustang, or me cause I don't have an entire weekend and $100-$200 bux to bring my car to the nearest place I can run only to get 1-3 passes in, I've been driving GT's for years.
These internet message boards can be a great place to gather info and share stories of this awesome drag racing hobby. I have learned some things from this board in fact. Sometimes communication is not crystal clear though and things are made into bigger deals than they actually are. That can be attributed to one reason which i feel is different people's experience, their reading and writing skills also can make things difficult.

UNIT......If you knew your stuff (i.e., been around here as long as me) you would know that i have driven 5.0s for about 7 years NOW. Mostly in stock form. I still have an '86 GT that is in awesome shape. i also just sold an 87 GT that was in great shape, which ran 14.4 @ 97 in the south florida august heat on a real track that was stock except for a K & N and Pro 5.0 Power Tower, and 214K on it.

Unlike yours though, i had enough love to keep it tuned up

Your responses are made in anger and without thought to them. Find and place the quote in here that says i do not give credit to stock 5.0s.

About the email being posted and not responded too, i gave up on you because you are a waste of time and so angry at LS1s that you would make up some excuse to why you lost, and it would have done you NO good to set that race up. Why should i do you a favor????? Yes i did have LS1s respond, but did not want to waste my time on you based on your immature reponses in this forum. You lost a chance to hang out with some other Pony car fans, even if they were LS1s, because of your temper.

If you have anymore to say to me,...send a pm. No wait, don't even do that because I will not be here to respond.

But please post the quote were i do not want to give stock mustangs there credit. I'd love to see that.

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

Last edited by EZRIDN; 05-21-2002 at 06:56 PM..
Old 05-21-2002, 08:36 PM   #36
Unit 5302
Registered Member

You're right, I've been here 4mo less than you.

Like I said, the Mustang wasn't setup to run because it was nasty as hell out before I ran it. It was about time to do a tune up on the damn thing, and I didn't have a garage to use. As much as anything the moisture probably contributed to it missing. It was cool, but dry when I did the runs, on a crappy road. So it had a dirty air filter, and it needed a tune. It was also my only car and I work. Sorry the several days out before that it was in the 30's and 40's with rain, gets dark at 7PM, and I work until 5PM. How's that FL weather? You have 2 weeks of straight 30-40* days (highs) with rain every single day and no garage to work in right? Must be nice to see everything through rose colored glasses.

You give no credit to what a near stock Mustang can do. Your own tired 215k GT pulls a 14.4@97mph with nothing done to it. Take 70k off it. Add a H pipe, take August heat out of the scenerio. All the sudden your car is a high 13 car at 100mph+. My car beats other cars that my 88 couldn't. I've gauged it against my friends 5.0's. My friends have driven my car. It's not normal. So what if it's a little freaky? There are other quicker cars than normal out there. You see what you want to see. Not the fact that if my car can run a high 13 on the street, and LS1 could be a mid 13 car at the track that it's not an impossible kill. I've posted several times they aren't pushovers, and several times that my car shouldn't beat them, and several times that if I were to run one that has a good driver behind the wheel it's an inevitable loss for the 87. None of that is ever seen by skimming over my posts to find targets to respond to. Nope, just find the parts you want see.

Your lack of respect for the stock stangs doesn't need to be made in a quote form. You show it in every load of BS you call on any near stock Mustang running with or beating an LS1. The first thing you do is call BS. There was a post just the other day where somebody claimed to run down an LS1 after being pulled out of the hole by it. I had my suspicions about it. Sounds like a load to me, but I didn't call BS. What if the LS1 guy missed 3rd bad? You don't know. You're sure more than capable of calling BS instantly though.

Talk about my attitude problem? You think I want to hang out with a bunch of guys who don't respect me or my car? LOL. I've been driving V-8 Mustang's longer than you have 8 years. Cause you know how me being here 4mo less than you is such a huge deal right? Me driving V8 Mustang's for a year longer than you should be twice as big a deal.

Sorry I think that Mustang people should stick together. You obviously don't share that point of view. Nope. They should bow down to the mighty LS1, and it's the LS1 owners responsibility to hang out on Mustang boards and call BS and insult stock Mustangs performance when they run the almighty LS1. Your superiority complex, and that of several other LS1 owners lately is what ticks me off. Much like how many new GT owners look down on the older Mustangs, albeit highly inspired by the way newer GT's were ridiculed and looked down upon by the owners of the 5.0, the stock 5.0 crowd has come under fire by the GM owners. Maybe the *** of GM owners is still raw from the butt kicking the Fox 5.0 unleashed on the F bodies 15 years ago.

I have no such desire to go onto other car sites and call constant BS on hard to believe stories. No desire to tout how incredibly superior my Mustang is to their Eclipse. There is a difference from keeping it real, and keeping it hostile. If I have to make a few waves to get people to listen up and maybe think, then fine. Like I give a **** what you think about me. I'm plenty secure in my knowledge, and the several posts I make per day helping Mustangers, and even other car drivers learn about and fix their cars. I have what, like 4500 posts on this site? Good grief. All I have to say is BS though. Site clown, I guess. I do give a **** what people think about the Mustang, and the intentional desire to discredit peoples experiences in the stock car.

Might want to take into consideration if you have SEVERAL people attacking you, you might get a little pissed.

Aquaman A high 13 car on the street vs a mid 13 car on the track. Not much of a difference that I see there. If the LS1 driver is real good, he'll probably be a low/mid 13 car on the street. At most he'll take me by a few cars in a full 1/4 mile run. Less if it's from a highway roll to 100 and I take the jump. Track times don't equal street races. Think an LS1 that runs a mid 13 with Joe Schmoe running on a track with traction compound laid down is going to run a mid 13 on a busted, broken up country road that hasn't seen a new coat of tar in 10 years? That road was god awful. You came after me, and started the ****, Aquaman. Don't sling **** and expect to come out smelling like a rose. I'm not contridicting myself. I have confidence in my capability of winning in a street race against an LS1. I'd actually have the 87GT running GOOD when it came time to run, and I would take the jump. If it was lined up, I expect to launch a lot harder than I did on that country road. My 5.0 doesn't give up the ghost in 3rd gear like my friend's do. I am confident it would take one hell of an LS1 and driver to come back from a few cars behind on my car. If I get the holeshot, or the jump, a chase is still a race and it takes a bunch more power to run somebody down.

Last edited by Unit 5302; 05-21-2002 at 08:42 PM..
Old 05-21-2002, 10:44 PM   #37
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Arrow

Wow... I Love my Stang! Love it more than anything.
I never call BS on anyones race ever. Not unless I was there and saw what they did with my own eyes. People tend to know what it should have run, and fail to imagine another driver, maybe missing a shift, spinning tires, or the weather conditions, tail wind, head wind, blah, blah, blah. There are so many variables of a race, it is impossible to know the outcome unless you were there. That's why I can't stand people who call BS.
I know I don't have the fastest car out there, and I've lost alot of races, but I've won alot of races too, against some pretty tough competetion, where if I didn't have a witness, BS would have gone up all over. Oh well...
Old 05-21-2002, 11:11 PM   #38
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Unit and Aquaman, you're both A-holes. Why don't you both just hit the road already. No one likes either of you guys. There I said it, I won't have to secretely email others behind your backs about my problems with you two.

In all seriousness, I would love to see everyone just get along here. It's been a long time since I can remember any real smack talking at the works. Let's get back to the good old fashioned everyone kissing everyone else's butt all the time. I liked that much better anyway.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 05-22-2002, 12:44 AM   #39
the_pcfool
Registered Member

Thumbs up One of the "potentials" mentioned

First off ... I don't want to hear any crap about this. I was one of the people that had responded to EZRIDN's post about racing UNIT. It would be my pleasure to race UNIT. Do I think I could win, maybe, do I think he could win, maybe as well. BUT ... one thing is for sure. It won't be a ONE time only race .. hehehe .. unless the Highway Patrol say otherwise. Best out of 3 or 5 races should be adequate. Gives both drivers the opportunity to make and correct mistakes.

Forewarning, I am by NO means an experienced drag racer. It's just fun to do. Sooooo .. for all those out there wondering whether UNIT's comments are for real or not. Hopefully we'll see. I would like to race you though before my exhaust is put on and then again after it's on. In one aspect, hopefully he just waxes me .. hehe .. cuz then that justifies me spendin' more $$ on parts.

Only kind of had the opportunity to go against a stang once. Unfortunately my wife was in the car at the same time bitchin' at me to stop racing. So I couldn't open it up with him .. ..

So .. all in all ... DUDE JUST LET ME KNOW ... cuz I am ready, willing, and racing ...
Old 05-22-2002, 12:56 AM   #40
KillerStang
Registered Member

UNIT 5302 you got it right, you are the man.
Closed Thread