MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 05-22-2002, 01:11 PM   #41
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Lets do this race. Though no 3-5. A race is a race, and thats it. If someone fucks up and misses a gear or something then you can race over, just so we can settle this once and for all.

This LS1 guy seems pretty cool, so lets do this.

I have to say, theres no reason to doubt units claims. Look how many freakish 5.0s are out there that go over 100mph in damn near stock trim. Take that against a poorly driven LS1 and it should win a lot of the time. Not to mention there are SO MANY variables on the street.

Ive beaten cars I shouldn't have either. IT HAPPENS.

I beat a 383 cubic inch, 13:1 compression, solid roller, 4.10 geared, locker axeled 79 el camino, from a dead stop ON STREET TIRES, to 120mph.

I had to let off in 2nd gear and punch it again cuz I was spinning so bad.

U wanna talk unbelieveable? There it is.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:37 PM   #42
Z28SS_MAN
Registered Member

To Unit 5302:
I've read your posts regarding LS1's and would like for everyone to see my response. (this is why I didn't send an e-mail direct to you)

I'd first of all like to say that your kills vs LS1's are probable. In my years associated with racing, anything and everything can and will happen. I disagree with your comments about putting car lengths on an LS1 at 100+ mph, since that's where they generally run their strongest. Also, at those speeds, driver skill is not as much of a factor.

For the record, my car is a 2000 M6 SS and is not modified with cam, heads, gears, power adder, FI or K&N etc. The exhaust is just as it came from the factory.

Let me know where/when we can meet to settle this. How about this Friday eve? You can bring either one of your cars or both. My brother-in-law lives in Champlin and there are some nice areas that we can run at to get this wrapped up once and for all. I do feel that based on the risks involved, we should place at least a $100 or more wager on it.

I also, would like for us to post the exact outcome right here for everyone to see with no excuses from either of us.
I'm looking forward to hearing that you'll accept the challenge.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:54 PM   #43
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Default Unit, the LS1 celebrity!

Looks like there are a couple of takers. Do us 5.0 owners proud.

You should take the new GT as well. It'd be nice to see how it runs too. Have you gotten past the break-in period yet?
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
Old 05-22-2002, 07:42 PM   #44
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I don't think I can do Friday. I can certainly run you with the 2002, it's got 1500mi on it now, but after it appeared EZRIDN wasn't coming up with anything I tore the 87 apart.

Interior wise so I could get the 1/4 windows out. It's time for rust removal so I can get it prepped for paint. There's an easy several hours of work in putting it back together. I may be able to have it back together for a run this weekend. I'd have to bolt the 1/4 windows back in which is no big deal, but I'm not about to reassemble the rear just to take it back apart again. The 87's time in the driveway is limited before it gets sold.

I wish the body shop that painted the car before I got it wasn't so damn incompetent. The car is really clean with no rust over about 80%, and underneath too, but crappy body work will be having my cutting out metal from one of the quarters and putting new stuff in. I took some pics of how she looks tonight.

I'm not running an unknown car that's supposed to beat me for money. I can probably have the 1/4 windows back in, and a tune up done on the thing Saturday. I work all this week so there isn't any way I can set it up before then. There is no way I'm running for money with my 2002. As far as I'm concerned the 87 proved it was a lot faster than the new GT's when I ran it versus my 01 the week before I got the 02. I need to do a rematch between the 02 and 87 to see what the deal is. Maybe I'll do that on Sat too. I don't know of any good places to run in Champlin. I certainly don't think I'm putting on any lengths at 100+. My 87 doesn't trap as high as any properly driven LS1, so that would be a stupid comment. My two advantages are holeshot (if the other driver isn't as good), and driving capability. The car doesn't have any advantage on the LS1. Car vs car the outcome isn't in question. I believe I said I outran two of them to about 110mph. I was still ahead at that point. I can't really pull much of anything on even the LT1 past 90, and the LS1 should be beginning on reeling me back in at that point.

Drop me a line (763) 443-6321. We'll see what's shakin. Lata,

Unit 5302
Attached Images
File Type: jpg togethercurrent.jpg (148.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-22-2002, 09:58 PM   #45
moses
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey, I've been lurking on this board for a little while now. I own a 95 V6. I live in Coon Rapids and I would LOVE to see this race. I'm sure we can find somewhere to race at; 169 goin south, HWY 10 goin north, Coon Rapids BLVD(late night), University AVE(late nite), thoes are just with stop lights. I'm sure we can find a road headin out of town in Ramsey pretty easy. I would love to see a race with some fast cars. My car is (sorry I dont get to take it to the track) slow 17 sec car, I would love to see a new, or even the 87 GT launch full go.

Brad - my_saggyballs@hotmail.com
Old 05-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #46
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
If somebody has something to say to me, bring it. I have my email listed, it's been posted, and I have a PM box that's not full.

Your ugly and your mom dresses you funny

Quote:

I'm going to state this AGAIN. I'm sick and tired of all the LS1 humping in this forum. I'm sick and tired of seeing every single kill of an LS1 called BS by a bunch of guys, I'm tired of hearing how they cannot be beat, I'm tired of seeing obvious cases where the Mustang owner beat the LS1 because the Mustang was faster and then seeing a bunch of LS1 humpers say, well you just got lucky, or you should have raced to a real speed, or you just wait until I get my heads ported
Truth hurts dosn't it?

Quote:
I don't see the 87-88 5.0 5spd quoted as a 13.8 car here. Yet their have been those cars not even broken in run those times with no money in them at all, but every LS1 is a high 12/ low 13 car that traps 106-109
This from a guy who has never run on the track!

Quote:
While EZRIDN doesn't want to give any credit to anybody who owns a stock Mustang
He never said that after all HIS stang is near stock!

Quote:

Anybody thinks I like being an ******, you're wrong. Anybody who thinks I love the Mustang, I've driven it in near stock form to a ton of very impressive kills on the street, and I hate to see it dogged because other people haven't seen it at the track are correct
Stock 5L are slow sorry there I said it! In the late 80's and early 90's they were king, now they need work to run with the new generation of muscle cars.

Quote:
Anybody who thinks I'm just going to roll over while a bunch of people call BS and insult me is DEAD wrong
Yeah what would you do with all your spare time after all 4400 post!
Old 05-22-2002, 10:06 PM   #47
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquaman

I have just a few things for you that have been sticking with me. On your LS1 humpers post you said "Those LS1's will get beat or beat me by very little if they are stock" then later in the post you say "Avg LS1 guy mid-high 13's, good low-mid 13's" but earlier in your post you said you run a 14.19@103 with a G-tech and I would say your time is right but the MPH is off by 2-4 MPH they almost always are on the G-tech. Anyway your car was not in the best running condition I picked up on that so Lets say you are off by .2-.3 making it a high 13's car. so then you by your own admission are in the high end of the Avg LS1 driver yet you believe that you will beat or barely loose to any LS1 you race?

He actually does race at the track unlike UNIT!

Quote:

As for Sedanman I can tell you he is very loyal to Mustangs and has posted a few C5 kills on "my" forum as well. when he is meet with doubt I stand up and say what the facts are. Many of the people on my forum know me personally and know I don't lie or inflate crap I call it like it is.

Thanks

Quote:
Sedanman did not have me come on here he doesn't even know I'm here because he's was at some Mustang thing in St. Louis that I would have gone to if I wasn't so busy here trying to get the stink of Aquavelva off me
Yeah some of us actually go out and do stuff like the World Ford Challange rather than post 4000 times on a board but never run at the track.

Quote:

As for the Repair of the Ferrari / Lambo it is damn pricey not anything I want a part of My dad pays almost 10K for routine service at the dealer for his cars and they break alot. They are pretty but kinda fragile. If you ever think I'll pick up a 308/328/348 because they are cheap 20-40K stay away those have a horrible repair record his 512's are only a little better but not much. The Vette is way more reasonable but the service guys are not as nice as at the Italian dealers. Maybe because they don't get to rape you the same way. 80-100 an hour
I have no doubts that aqua could drop the coin for a exotic if he wanted it.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:11 PM   #48
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRIDN

Unlike yours though, i had enough love to keep it tuned up

Ezridn's stangs are some of the cleanest early model 5L you have ever seen.

Quote:

Your responses are made in anger and without thought to them. Find and place the quote in here that says i do not give credit to stock 5.0s.

AMEN

Quote:

But please post the quote were i do not want to give stock mustangs there credit. I'd love to see that.
He can't because he is full of ****, and likes to talk crap. He attacks members that have been around for a long time, cause he is a troll.

Attacking ezridn's love for stangs is about as smart as slamming your nutts in a car door.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:27 PM   #49
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:

Like I said, the Mustang wasn't setup to run because it was nasty as hell out before I ran it. It was about time to do a tune up on the damn thing, and I didn't have a garage to use. As much as anything the moisture probably contributed to it missing. It was cool, but dry when I did the runs, on a crappy road. So it had a dirty air filter, and it needed a tune. It was also my only car and I work
Wow you wine a lot!

Quote:
Sorry the several days out before that it was in the 30's and 40's with rain, gets dark at 7PM, and I work until 5PM. How's that FL weather? You have 2 weeks of straight 30-40* days (highs) with rain every single day and no garage to work in right? Must be nice to see everything through rose colored glasses.
Well he use to live in Indy, and he and I spent several less than perfect days out working on the stangs. I have changed my oil in the driveway when there was snow on the ground! I have laid on the cold concrete floors with the car on jack stands at 4 in the morning trying to line up my new h-pipe and headers so I can drive it to work at 8 that morning. So I don't want to hear your weak *** excuses.

Quote:

You give no credit to what a near stock Mustang can do. Your own tired 215k GT pulls a 14.4@97mph with nothing done to it. Take 70k off it. Add a H pipe, take August heat out of the scenerio. All the sudden your car is a high 13 car at 100mph+. My car beats other cars that my 88 couldn't.
Face it a stock 5L is no match for todays Muscle cars, hell a stock grand prix GTP can give it a run for its money, SORRY. It's day of ruleing the streets stock ended with the 94 LT1 camaro's.

Quote:
My friends have driven my car. It's not normal. So what if it's a little freaky? There are other quicker cars than normal out there. You see what you want to see. Not the fact that if my car can run a high 13 on the street, and LS1 could be a mid 13 car at the track that it's not an impossible kill
Why don't you actually take your car to the track rather than make random usless post?

Quote:

Your lack of respect for the stock stangs doesn't need to be made in a quote form. You show it in every load of BS you call on any near stock Mustang running with or beating an LS1
Cause you can't and you are a troll!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Talk about my attitude problem? You think I want to hang out with a bunch of guys who don't respect me or my car? LOL. I've been driving V-8 Mustang's longer than you have 8 years. Cause you know how me being here 4mo less than you is such a huge deal right? Me driving V8 Mustang's for a year longer than you should be twice as big a deal.

Dude in those 8 years you have probably never driven it, cause you are to busy posting! Also none of those 8 years worth of driving was ever at the track you are a troll!!!!

Quote:

Sorry I think that Mustang people should stick together. You obviously don't share that point of view. Nope. They should bow down to the mighty LS1, and it's the LS1 owners responsibility to hang out on Mustang boards and call BS and insult stock Mustangs performance when they run the almighty LS1. Your superiority complex, and that of several other LS1 owners lately is what ticks me off. Much like how many new GT owners look down on the older Mustangs, albeit highly inspired by the way newer GT's were ridiculed and looked down upon by the owners of the 5.0, the stock 5.0 crowd has come under fire by the GM owners. Maybe the *** of GM owners is still raw from the butt kicking the Fox 5.0 unleashed on the F bodies 15 years ago
It's trolls like you that keep 5L from uniting. Most of us 5L guys have are feet firmly planted on the ground.

Quote:
I have confidence in my capability of winning in a street race against an LS1. I'd actually have the 87GT running GOOD when it came time to run, and I would take the jump. If it was lined up, I expect to launch a lot harder than I did on that country road. My 5.0 doesn't give up the ghost in 3rd gear like my friend's do. I am confident it would take one hell of an LS1 and driver to come back from a few cars behind on my car. If I get the holeshot, or the jump, a chase is still a race and it takes a bunch more power to run somebody down.
If you are so confident put up the $100 TROLL!!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 10:36 PM   #50
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't think I can do Friday. I can certainly run you with the 2002, it's got 1500mi on it now, but after it appeared EZRIDN wasn't coming up with anything I tore the 87 apart.

Unit 5302
Damn, becareful not to fall over back pedeling there.

Quote:
I may be able to have it back together for a run this weekend. I'd have to bolt the 1/4 windows back in which is no big deal, but I'm not about to reassemble the rear just to take it back apart again. The 87's time in the driveway is limited before it gets sold.

Unit 5302
Wow I never saw this comming heres the I sold the freak.....

Quote:
I don't think I can do Friday. I can certainly run you with the 2002, it's got 1500mi on it now, but after it appeared EZRIDN

I'm not running an unknown car that's supposed to beat me for money.

Unit 5302
But you have smoked so many of these cars! Take the easy money

Quote:
My two advantages are holeshot (if the other driver isn't as good), and driving capability.

Unit 5302
You probably coudn't drive your way out of a wet paper sack, good drivers never say they are good. Take EZRIDN he could drive the snot out a car and teach you a few things yet you never hear him talk about his "mad skills".
Old 05-22-2002, 10:42 PM   #51
srv1
Get down.....

ok i have read through this whole post. the same ol' Gm vs. Ford. nothing new. most of you people on here brag on who is faster. why? i think it is put up or shut up. anyone can brag on the net. if any of you have the guts, then race each other. so far all i see is words on my screen, no dates that are official. i wish Minnesota wasnt so far away. i would love to see the tension and the "Ford vs. Chevy" showdown. guys, you need to race, PERIOD! dont ask me to race, cause i wont and i dont care. not like i have anything to offer anyways. well good luck to you all. remember, PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
Old 05-22-2002, 11:47 PM   #52
polara7777
Registered Member

After reading this whole thing I totally agree with srv1! This is getting old fast. I hate GM's with a passion! But I'm not gonna say they are slow. I love Stangs. But I'm not gonna say they are all fast.

Oh by the way
Quote:
good drivers never say they are good
Yes I do! I'm an awsome driver and will tell anyone so and if you ask anyone who has riden with me they'll let you know the same.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
Old 05-23-2002, 12:15 AM   #53
the_pcfool
Registered Member

Default calling ..

Hey Unit ..

I'll be givin' ya a call to set up something. This should be fun. As for the comment made by someone about .. No 3-5, a race is a race .. you are absolutely correct, a race is a race. The 3-5 of them is to show all of you on the board that might doubt UNIT on how freakish his car may be. If he smokes me 3 times in a row .. or 5 times in a row. Then there is all the proof required to back up his statements that people seem to doubt. And yep .. I am pretty cool, I don't care if I win or lose. hehe .. it's just a hell of a lot of fun to go fast.

And if you can go faster than 115/118, you'll smoke me. The idiot that originally bought my car had H rated tires on it so they set a speed limiter on it. Talk about one hell of a surprise the first time I figured that out while racing another camaro. Somewhere around 90+ I am pullin' ahead of him nicely and hit that 115/118 area and it says, nope we aren't lettin' ya drive faster.

All in all .. this should be fun for all of us.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:59 AM   #54
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Red face

Relax sedanman, you're taking this way too seriously, I think if I was unit I'd be defensive after being attacked by everyone.

Relax Unit, the GM vs. Ford thing will NEVER be settled... EVER. Even if you race, and win, there will still be someone that gets on your case that wants a piece. There's always someone, somewhere that can and will beat you.

I'm probably the most neutral guy here, but, man.. this is getting old... You all DO need to race... there is no need to dissect what everyone types and put them down in front of the members of their board, uncool. He says he can race you and win? Let him prove it. I know Unit is not a Troll, I know Unit can be overbearing, and I know Unit loves Mustangs.
Let it go, everyone... let these guys set up a race, quit the bitching from everyone about who's better, and post the results, win or lose. We all know that Fords can be made to go REAL fast. We all know that GM's can be made to go REAL fast. This is a pointless, unending argument that will continue forever. It's doing nothing but breeding hate and discontent among members of a really great forum.
I don't know... I'm rambling... maybe this doesn't make sense, since I just visited the lady in my avatar... good luck guys, have fun with your race, and I'd be damned if I would bet 100.00 either. Race to race, and deal with the results.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:06 AM   #55
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman

good drivers never say they are good.
????What kind of crap is that. So, a good driver must not know he's any good. So I guess all good drivers lack self confidence, and/or are humble.

Thats like saying Really Good looking Girls dont know/or say there good looking. CRAP!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:43 AM   #56
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Yeah, I'm backpeddlin, which is why I put my phone number in the post to set something up. Take a look at the photo I attached if you have a hard time believing I have the car apart, lol. As for me whipping LS1's all the time...

I can't do much more. Posted my email address, I have a PM box, posted my phone number, let people know as soon as I could set something up.

The 3 for 5 thing isn't any good from a stop, anyway. Cops in Anoka County or even Hennepin County are going to be all over the place after 2 runs. By the 4th run we'd be in the back of a squad car, lol. If we're going on the freeway, chances are a lot better to avoid detection in that regards. 169 is a no-no. Heavily patrolled by Champlin and Brooklyn Park cops, except maybe the section between 109th and 610, but Champlin cops patrol 109th all the time too. South of there you get into the Sheriff's and State Patrol along with Plymouth and Golden Valley. If you're in my neighborhood, watch out. Champlin has 3 unmarkeds that patrol 169. Navy Blue Ford Taurus 98ish. White Grand Am newer, and a Silver Crown Vic. Brooklyn Park is erradic in their patrol of 169. God I wish they hadn't messed with "Old Corn Road" as we liked to call it back in the day. 96th Ave off Zane in Brooklyn Park was friggen perfect. Farm road a good 1/2 mile long, nothing but fields on either side, and the road was in good shape. When they put 610 in it all went to crap. Winnetka in Brooklyn Park right off 93rd used to be killer too. Naturally they took it and blocked it off in preperation for the Ampitheater and 610. I do know a couple spots that are usually quiet and are quite safe to run. I'm not about to talk about them here. Makes me wish the Anoka dragstrip was still open. Instead of 200mi+ it would be 5. Oh well, gotta love progress.

Interestingly enough, I beat a Z28 top end with my '91 Escort GT because of the S speed rated tires that came with the 112mph speed limiter on the LT1's. I guess it's one way to stay out of too much trouble, ha. That was a riot. He was smokin me soooo bad, but I eventually passed him. His cats must have been glowing white with how bad it was stinkin, lol. If the speed limiter is set at 118mph on the LS1 it must come with T speed rated tires? H rated are good for 130mph. Who knows? I didn't know the LS1's came with limiters on any of them. If anybody would have posted a top end kill of an LS1 with their stock, near stock, or even mildly modded fox bod, I would have called BS.

Give me a call and we'll see what's up.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:47 AM   #57
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury

????What kind of crap is that. So, a good driver must not know he's any good. So I guess all good drivers lack self confidence, and/or are humble.

Do you hear John Force, Dale Earnhart JR., Al Unser jr. etc.... after they win a race talk about the driving? No, why its implyed they are good they talk about the cars or there setup. If you are REALLY good at something you don't need to stroke your own wick. Take Evan Smith everytime he bust out a killer time he dosn't say oh but that was with me driven! Being on this board it is implyed that you can drive, and usually those who have shakey skills start a post with "I am not a very good driver" or "I am still learning".

Quote:

Thats like saying Really Good looking Girls dont know/or say there good looking. CRAP!
Sorry you know bitchy girls, but take super models or what not they always talk about something they need to improve not how good they are. You are never a perfect driver you always have something to learn, and good drivers know that (hence they don't brag about their driving.

I am willing to bet that putting Ezridn in you car will improve your 1/4 times. He IS that good. Want to do turn? I bet AQUAMAN can drop that lap time, but do you hear them brag about there driving ability? NO despite the fact that Ezridn is the best driver I have ever riden with.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:53 AM   #58
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:

Give me a call and we'll see what's up.
That's what I like to hear lets get that ball rollin!!!

Quote:
Take a look at the photo I attached if you have a hard time believing I have the car apart
You can tell us the truth, the real story is a LS1 car sucked the windows right off when it came by you
Old 05-23-2002, 10:22 AM   #59
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Sedanman.

You know as well as I do that the Drivers names you mentioned know What they can do, and what they are very capable of.

Another thing, how many times have you heard those guys talking about SOMEONE else's bad driving???ALOT. Which is a direct way of comparing there ability against someone else.

SAME THING. DIFFRENT WAY OF SAYING IT. Your also talking about proffesionals were the playing field is a little diffrent. Those guys put on a show infront of the camera...Didnt ya think about that? They cant come off as all "I'm one of the greatest Drivers, you all suck" Attitude, because then his image would go down, and in the bussiness of getting sponsors man, you gotta sell yourself and your image. DUH

Learn alittle more about advertising and getting sponsors before ya talk there buddy boy.

As for the Pretty women comment...Man your digging. I've dated enough pretty women (Ask my friends, they've seen them and the pic) to know that majority of them know when there Hot.

Some may not think so...But most do. Once again you go to point out proffesionals...SuperModels, Obviously these people would of never went out for a modeling carrer if they thought they were ugly.

Where do you get your info from man...E!, or Oprah?
Old 05-23-2002, 10:42 AM   #60
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Sedanman.

You know as well as I do that the Drivers names you mentioned know What they can do, and what they are very capable of.
Right so they don't have to talk it up

Quote:

Another thing, how many times have you heard those guys talking about SOMEONE else's bad driving???ALOT. Which is a direct way of comparing there ability against someone else.

Must have missed these parts of the interview.

Quote:
you gotta sell yourself and your image. DUH

Learn alittle more about advertising and getting sponsors before ya talk there buddy boy.

And you know all about this, cause your freak stang has major sponsership

Quote:

As for the Pretty women comment...Man your digging. I've dated enough pretty women (Ask my friends, they've seen them and the pic) to know that majority of them know when there Hot.
Did you impress them with your mad driving skills?

Quote:

Once again you go to point out proffesionals...
If I race you for money and smoke your awsome driven freak stang and make a $100 for it, that would make me a proffesional because I got paid to race.

So I guess I am a proffesional....
Closed Thread