View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 10:27 PM   #49
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

Like I said, the Mustang wasn't setup to run because it was nasty as hell out before I ran it. It was about time to do a tune up on the damn thing, and I didn't have a garage to use. As much as anything the moisture probably contributed to it missing. It was cool, but dry when I did the runs, on a crappy road. So it had a dirty air filter, and it needed a tune. It was also my only car and I work
Wow you wine a lot!

Quote:
Sorry the several days out before that it was in the 30's and 40's with rain, gets dark at 7PM, and I work until 5PM. How's that FL weather? You have 2 weeks of straight 30-40* days (highs) with rain every single day and no garage to work in right? Must be nice to see everything through rose colored glasses.
Well he use to live in Indy, and he and I spent several less than perfect days out working on the stangs. I have changed my oil in the driveway when there was snow on the ground! I have laid on the cold concrete floors with the car on jack stands at 4 in the morning trying to line up my new h-pipe and headers so I can drive it to work at 8 that morning. So I don't want to hear your weak *** excuses.

Quote:

You give no credit to what a near stock Mustang can do. Your own tired 215k GT pulls a 14.4@97mph with nothing done to it. Take 70k off it. Add a H pipe, take August heat out of the scenerio. All the sudden your car is a high 13 car at 100mph+. My car beats other cars that my 88 couldn't.
Face it a stock 5L is no match for todays Muscle cars, hell a stock grand prix GTP can give it a run for its money, SORRY. It's day of ruleing the streets stock ended with the 94 LT1 camaro's.

Quote:
My friends have driven my car. It's not normal. So what if it's a little freaky? There are other quicker cars than normal out there. You see what you want to see. Not the fact that if my car can run a high 13 on the street, and LS1 could be a mid 13 car at the track that it's not an impossible kill
Why don't you actually take your car to the track rather than make random usless post?

Quote:

Your lack of respect for the stock stangs doesn't need to be made in a quote form. You show it in every load of BS you call on any near stock Mustang running with or beating an LS1
Cause you can't and you are a troll!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Talk about my attitude problem? You think I want to hang out with a bunch of guys who don't respect me or my car? LOL. I've been driving V-8 Mustang's longer than you have 8 years. Cause you know how me being here 4mo less than you is such a huge deal right? Me driving V8 Mustang's for a year longer than you should be twice as big a deal.

Dude in those 8 years you have probably never driven it, cause you are to busy posting! Also none of those 8 years worth of driving was ever at the track you are a troll!!!!

Quote:

Sorry I think that Mustang people should stick together. You obviously don't share that point of view. Nope. They should bow down to the mighty LS1, and it's the LS1 owners responsibility to hang out on Mustang boards and call BS and insult stock Mustangs performance when they run the almighty LS1. Your superiority complex, and that of several other LS1 owners lately is what ticks me off. Much like how many new GT owners look down on the older Mustangs, albeit highly inspired by the way newer GT's were ridiculed and looked down upon by the owners of the 5.0, the stock 5.0 crowd has come under fire by the GM owners. Maybe the *** of GM owners is still raw from the butt kicking the Fox 5.0 unleashed on the F bodies 15 years ago
It's trolls like you that keep 5L from uniting. Most of us 5L guys have are feet firmly planted on the ground.

Quote:
I have confidence in my capability of winning in a street race against an LS1. I'd actually have the 87GT running GOOD when it came time to run, and I would take the jump. If it was lined up, I expect to launch a lot harder than I did on that country road. My 5.0 doesn't give up the ghost in 3rd gear like my friend's do. I am confident it would take one hell of an LS1 and driver to come back from a few cars behind on my car. If I get the holeshot, or the jump, a chase is still a race and it takes a bunch more power to run somebody down.
If you are so confident put up the $100 TROLL!!!!