View Single Post
Old 05-19-2002, 09:56 AM   #27
Aquaman
Registered Member

Mercury - Not that you give a crap about my opinion but I glad to see you poat a level headed response after reading your other posts I knew you had it in you. I said it before that it was probably not right of me to walk into this forum and immediately start crap but you know as well as I do that you did basicly the same thing though yours was not aimed at one specific person.

Unit has a serious chip on his shoulder I believe that to be obvious to everyone but himself. I have lurked on this and other mustang forums for awhile and he's got issues (we all do).I have had now 9 of your members E-Mail me to say thanks for standing up to the guy. They are tired of hearing his BS. And they are tired of lesser members kissing his butt. so that he won't attack them.And I believe that alot more then 9 feel that way it's just 9 that spoke up to me.

I grew up being a mustang guy (BTW i'm 30 not exactly mid-life crisis time)and stuck with them all through the 80's and early 90's And not to piss anyone off but when I saw that ford was not commited to being competative, no stripper 1LE type cars, no platform changes anytime soon, de-tuning their cars as GM was pumping them up, the final straw's was the 93 Cobrs R and then the 94's I thought for sure the cobra would make us competative on the road courses again but it was no better then the Saleen we were campaigning then the 94 came out with less power!

I still like mustangs but unfortunately the norm has become that they are owned by some people who would be better off owning celica's. their mentality sucks and they fail to recognize that their car is not the be all end all. it's a fun easily modded, easily worked on car that can be made to be VERY fast but it's not as easy as just adding a few parts and thats what many of them think. hence my assocaition with rice. This is not true of everyone and hopefully not the majority but almost everyone of them that run around in groups here in indy are unclear as to what their car can do.

I have another question If you race a Z06 and he screws up a shift or two and smokes them bad does that make your 13.? second car a Z06 beater? or does it mean that you beat a Z06? does it then mean that LS6 engines are crappy. and that LS6's are easy to beat?

If I was in my old 93 LT1 Vette and beat a new 03 Cobra because he could not get traction and I shut down before he could reel me back in I sure as hell would not run around saying that 03 Cobra's are crap but if I did I would EXPECT the Cobra faithfull to tell me what they think.

I have done no different

I did not buy a vette for status as you said If that were the case I would have bought a lighty used F355 or early 90's Diablo both can be had for under 110K. Or even the Viper but again it wasn't practical (ever taken a trip in one) And I had a vette liked it for all that it offered, great handling, comfortable without the F45 suspension, Luggage space, Targa roof, 6 speed, It mods very well and because I love the way they look. Vettes may not do anything for you just like GN's did nothing for me back in the day.But I still respected them for what they were.

Anyway thats my take.