MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Up Coming Race This Weekend. (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=30620)

Skyman 10-29-2002 01:06 AM

Up Coming Race This Weekend.

Well a guy walks into my work the other day, and says, hey, you Skyler? I said yeah, he says, well wanna race? So I go out check out his car.

71 El Camino. This sound sounds reallll good. 400SB, 11:1, World heads, healthy sounding cam, vic jr intake, and a 830 carb, w/ exhaust etc. Got a 3.73 geared LSD rear end and 295 tires.

He wants to race me because he says hes raced all the other fast cars in town but to be the fastest hes gotta be me. So I said sure.

Now I know of a few of the other cars hes raced and I know his car runs real hard, but I dont think I'll have a problem taking it on motor with slicks.

Should I spray him though just for fun? Ill see how much $ he wants to put up, if its worth filling the bottle over.

I was almost thinkin about racin him on street tires, cuz I hate havin to put the slicks on, but I dont wanna loose to him or hed be jumpin through his roof.

I might get surprized and it might run harder than I expect, cuz it sounds reall good, but I dont expect it to hook too well bein an elky.

Skyler

Rev 10-29-2002 01:19 AM

Spray and slicks

If it's for money or if only for prestige, put the spray and slicks on him. Why not just pound his azz just to make sure. He did come into your work area and directly challenge you.

Rev

Skyman 10-29-2002 08:07 PM

Man seems like people arent as interested in real V8 races anymore... anyways, I'll get a good vid of this.

Skyler

Conman 10-29-2002 08:53 PM

he says he wants to be the best
no point in you having to re-race him with the slicks and juice to show him that someone is faster
anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time around.

I'd like to see a video of this one

venumus93 10-29-2002 09:23 PM

to juice or not to juice....

Sky,

Would be much more interesting race if you did it without the juice....but if he seems like the kind of guy who NEEDS a whoopin', then run with the slicks & juice! I've always liked the side-by-side races at the track, but I don't think you get to many of those in the Saleen...
have fun & post a vid!
Later!

Sean

NotchJohnson 10-29-2002 11:12 PM

Definitely get a vid of that bro. Hopefuly youll smoke him so I can rub it in my dads face. He never shuts up about those elkys. Good luck man, John

one 10-30-2002 02:29 PM

hell no use the juice. What if he went out and bought some and didn't tell you, then you loss and he doesn't want to race you again. You loss no rematch and that is that. Use the bottle and if you start to pull him you can always let off the gas alittle so he thinks he is close to beating you. Hey what size stallconverter does he have, will he be running sticky tires? Info you need to know before you think about not filling that bottle.

One

P.S let us know how it goes.

Nitrous Al 10-31-2002 05:31 PM

Sky, you have to run this guy heads up with slicks and the bottle. "You're the fastest", so go as fast as possible. If he backs down, he's a wussy! Rip his head off! Good Luck!

Skyman 10-31-2002 06:13 PM

YOu Got It

Alright Guys you talked me into it.

Im gonna tear him a new *******. :-D .

Skyler

MidNiteBlu 5.0 10-31-2002 10:45 PM

Use the juice. If he bitches about you running the juice you either say "run what ya brung" or you could always just run him again without it.

I dont think el caminos are that great drag cars anyways. but i could be wrong.

302 LX Eric 11-01-2002 08:47 AM

When is the race, Sky?

Another vote for slicks and a little go juice.

Tear him a new one and then tell him you're car is running like crap :D

Good luck. :)

E

one 11-04-2002 05:15 PM

So what happen?

Did you guys race this weekend? What happen?

One

Green93notch 11-04-2002 10:51 PM

deff hold it down for the stangs dude, hey when you got that 12.3 @108 what was ur 60ft and set up? (basicly everything that you had done to ur car when you ran that time) im wonderin cause i could prolly do the same with my trap speed.

Vinny

Skyman 11-05-2002 12:47 AM

We are settin it up next saturday at 10pm, it didnt line up this weekend. His car run a Gtech of 13.5@117 on street tires but he was letting off quite early. So its definatly quick!!

I pulled a 1.66 60'. I know I could have got a 12.2 or so out of it though, as that launch was only 5200rpm, I was going to do a 6200rpm launch, but my car had a high rpm ignition problem and I couldnt.

I have 70/30 struts, and Eibach drag launch springs with MT 10x26 slicks.

Skyler

Green93notch 11-05-2002 12:10 PM

is everything stock in ur rear? or did you upgrade anything.

one 11-05-2002 12:14 PM

"His car run a Gtech of 13.5@117 on street tires but he was letting off quite early. So its definatly quick!!"

Hope he doesn't bring sticky tires or know how to launch! Either way get him at the launch and don't miss a gear Bro, do us proud.

Nitrous Al 11-06-2002 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman
We are settin it up next saturday at 10pm, it didnt line up this weekend. His car run a Gtech of 13.5@117 on street tires but he was letting off quite early. So its definatly quick!!

I pulled a 1.66 60'. I know I could have got a 12.2 or so out of it though, as that launch was only 5200rpm, I was going to do a 6200rpm launch, but my car had a high rpm ignition problem and I couldnt.

I have 70/30 struts, and Eibach drag launch springs with MT 10x26 slicks.

Skyler

Do you know any local speed shops that can help you out with that "high rpm ignition problem"? Have them tune it until you break into the 11's! Good Luck Sky!

slow98 11-06-2002 10:09 PM

117mph

117 mph is pretty high but thats typical of a gtech, put you a jet for a shot in there if u think ur motor can take it and make damn sure..i cant wait to see this vid:D

Skyman 11-07-2002 03:47 AM

Oh I got the ignition problem fixed.

Skyler

302 LX Eric 11-07-2002 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman
Oh I got the ignition problem fixed.

Skyler

Nice. ;) What was the problem?

E