MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-27-2002, 11:58 PM   #1
5.0 Pony
Registered Member

Default V6 Stangs kickin some butt??

My buddy has a 95 v6 mustang with dual glasspack exhaust, sounds like a civic. Anyway, it seems like more and more people are playin around with v6 stangs. My mom has a 2000 v6 and it can haul some *****, nuttin like my car but i give it some credit. I love racing all the other kids and there integra's and sunfires and anything else anyone THINKS is a race car with my mom's car and kickin the crap out of them. I think it makes em feel even worse when i tell them its my mom's car, and my 5.0 would put it to shame. But for being a v6 the mustang has a lot of kick, the 2000 anyway. BAck to my friend's 95. It is completely stock, except for his beloved bosch platinum spark plugs and the dual exhaust. The car looks awesome, with the 3 in tips and the 2001 Gt wing on the back. It just doesn't impress me in the speed category. Which v6's arent meant to do,, but i mean come on. I have a 79 fullsive bronco with a 400 in it that blows the doors off of his stang. And the Bronc is pullin 33x12.50's. Maybe the 9 inch rear and 4.10's help out. . Anyways, more and more v6 mustangs are popping up, with kenne bell and other aftermarket companies getting their backs. The v8's have no problems with them, but i think that the ricer's better watch their backs. Its pretty embarrassing to get wasted by a v6 stang, and then have to realize that that is only a taste of Mustang HP. Anyway, i think it is just Ford's in general, put the ricer's away anyway you can! Don't play with them, that's not nice, put them in the dust, make them garage their car and think twice about showing up with it in public.
-9mm FMS Spark Plug Wires
-Hedmann Headers 2.5" O/R H-Pipe
-Flowmaster 40 series 2.5" Catback
5.0 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 02:56 AM   #2
blie
Registered Member

The v6 has alot of potential, this company has a package to jump the hp up to 320 to the rear wheels. http://supersixmotorsports.com/
Mods: Vishnu Stage 0 Kit
WHP= 226 Tourqe= 245
0-60= 4.6 Sec 1/4= 13.2@100.56
Not bad for a $24k car with $1k of mods
blie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Yea the new V-6 5-speeds are 15 second cars.......pretty easy to get them into the 14's.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:48 AM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Very Very high 15 second cars with excellent drivers. I have seen the new V6 stangs spray 100 shot and only run mid 14's.

Most of them I see run 16's and I am at the track ALOT..

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:52 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Very Very high 15 second cars with excellent drivers. I have seen the new V6 stangs spray 100 shot and only run mid 14's.

Most of them I see run 16's and I am at the track ALOT..

Later,
are you talking about the new V-6's? Because they are a 15 second car.....high high 14's with a killer driver.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 12:20 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Alright are we mag racing now, reality is harsh....and the truth is very few see 15's stock.

Visit a race track. Instead of mag racing.

I have raced new V6 stangs at the track and they are not fast.

The fastest one I have seen one go stock is a 15.96.

A few freaks dont define them all!
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 04:10 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

It's all driver!! I havent seen a v6 stang break into the 14's, yet a guy I know has a v6 camaro with gears, intake and exhaust, and he's running 14.5's!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 08:34 AM   #8
6BangerStanger
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
It's all driver!! I havent seen a v6 stang break into the 14's, yet a guy I know has a v6 camaro with gears, intake and exhaust, and he's running 14.5's!!
I drive a 98 v6 that eats most 94-98 GTs with the 75 shot of juice that I have + other mods. Best ET is 14.8 @ 98 MPH. Granted that is a pretty high ET for a car with nitrous, but come on now....it only came stock with 150 ponies! Give us 6's some credit. I just put 100 shot jettings in and the only thing I even got to mess with on the streets last night was 750 GSXR. Yeah, I knew the *** kicking was coming but I was driving around for hours just waiting for somebody to pull up next to me. On my way home, the bike was all I could find. We both laughed it up at the next light. The best v6 camaro I ever saw also ran a 14.5 and he had everything in the world done to it. He finally gave up and bought a SS. If/When I take mine down to the track again, I'll let you know what it does with the 100 shot.
Peace...
6BangerStanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 08:36 AM   #9
6BangerStanger
Registered Member

Oh...and btw....the 6 cyl camaros came stock with 200 hp up until 98...after that I'm not sure what it was. I think they increased after 99 just like the 35th anniversary pony did. Oh well....
Old 09-05-2002, 09:02 PM   #10
BAleR
Registered Member

man thats crap, i raced a 96 or 97 camero v6 auto hardtop and kicked his *** up to about 90

94 v6 mustang convertable 5speed
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:43 AM   #11
6BangerStanger
Registered Member

Default u sure about that maro?

Only a couple of things could play into you beating a 96-97 v6 camero in your v6 stang....
1) he was a very bad driver
2) who has stick and who has auto
3) are you both completly stock?
My friend and I went out and bought cars at the same time 2 years ago. I got a 98 v6 stang and he got a 97 v6 camero. Mine was stick and his was auto. Bone stock, he creamed me...and I can drive stick too He became frustrated after I starting doing things to my car after the nitrous went in, it was over. He now has a 330ci BMW that he thinks will beat me. Little does he know I just put 100 shot jettings in...heeheehee
Good luck with your pony...we need more v6 people stepping up around here and putting to shame some GTs just for friendly competition and definetly...DEFINETLY beating those damn F-bodys.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:16 PM   #12
Extremestang

Stock for stock, the camaro would win. No dought about it. Now being modified is anyones game. Once that process starts, its all about doing the numbers(math). Thats friendly compition. The platform on our v6's are shitty to start with. Factory claims 150 hp for the 94-98 models. In actuallity, on a dyno, those numbers are more like 129-135 hp. The newer models 99 and up have 193 hp, yet on a dyno, those numbers come down to 155-160 hp. The camaro is almost actual on the hp numbers from the factory, thats GM for ya.

Anywho, about the v6's stompin some gt butt, let me put you back into reality for a moment. I've had my v6 for four years now. I've done just about everything you could do to it. And i mean everything from suspension to engine and weight reduction. I am running an intercooled procharger with 11 psi, which had to be modified because of the abs equipment, which cost me more money. The car runs in the low 14's. Granted, its in need of some custom tuning. But i dont expect to see faster then mid 13's when the smoke clears. For a six, thats good numbers, but unless you plan on spending thousands like i did, the v6 will not kick gt butt. If i modified the v8 with what i put on the v6, i'd bet the car would run low 11's for sure. In all honesty, i wish i had gone that route. I'd of spent less money and there would be a rarity of a v6 that could of even kept up with me. Keep in mind that a stock gt 94-98 is a mid 15 second car compared to our low 17 second car. Even the new v6 stangs have to be modified a great deal to beat a 94-98 gt, forget about running a newer gt unless your heavilly modified. I hope you understand that yes, our cars can beat gt's and cobra's if those cars are stock and we have put a fortune into ours. Anyone can do that, depending on the size of your wallet. But lets not go saying that our v6's are fast compition for the v8. Some people here might think that because they have a cai, some pullies and some gears on thier six, that they can take a gt, it wont happen. And using nitrous to do it will only last so long before you have to tear into the motor. But thats a realiability issue, so i wont get into that. I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to make you see that unless those gt's are stock, which most here are not, dont walk around saying v6's are fast cars for the v8. Thats the number one reason most gt and cobra owners have a problem with the v6 guys. Give a kid 200 plus hp and they think thier fast. Just like the ricer guys. Lets keep it real okay? Real hp numbers are in the v8 with alot less money spent. Bottom line.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: