View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 10:16 PM   #12
Extremestang

Stock for stock, the camaro would win. No dought about it. Now being modified is anyones game. Once that process starts, its all about doing the numbers(math). Thats friendly compition. The platform on our v6's are shitty to start with. Factory claims 150 hp for the 94-98 models. In actuallity, on a dyno, those numbers are more like 129-135 hp. The newer models 99 and up have 193 hp, yet on a dyno, those numbers come down to 155-160 hp. The camaro is almost actual on the hp numbers from the factory, thats GM for ya.

Anywho, about the v6's stompin some gt butt, let me put you back into reality for a moment. I've had my v6 for four years now. I've done just about everything you could do to it. And i mean everything from suspension to engine and weight reduction. I am running an intercooled procharger with 11 psi, which had to be modified because of the abs equipment, which cost me more money. The car runs in the low 14's. Granted, its in need of some custom tuning. But i dont expect to see faster then mid 13's when the smoke clears. For a six, thats good numbers, but unless you plan on spending thousands like i did, the v6 will not kick gt butt. If i modified the v8 with what i put on the v6, i'd bet the car would run low 11's for sure. In all honesty, i wish i had gone that route. I'd of spent less money and there would be a rarity of a v6 that could of even kept up with me. Keep in mind that a stock gt 94-98 is a mid 15 second car compared to our low 17 second car. Even the new v6 stangs have to be modified a great deal to beat a 94-98 gt, forget about running a newer gt unless your heavilly modified. I hope you understand that yes, our cars can beat gt's and cobra's if those cars are stock and we have put a fortune into ours. Anyone can do that, depending on the size of your wallet. But lets not go saying that our v6's are fast compition for the v8. Some people here might think that because they have a cai, some pullies and some gears on thier six, that they can take a gt, it wont happen. And using nitrous to do it will only last so long before you have to tear into the motor. But thats a realiability issue, so i wont get into that. I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to make you see that unless those gt's are stock, which most here are not, dont walk around saying v6's are fast cars for the v8. Thats the number one reason most gt and cobra owners have a problem with the v6 guys. Give a kid 200 plus hp and they think thier fast. Just like the ricer guys. Lets keep it real okay? Real hp numbers are in the v8 with alot less money spent. Bottom line.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote