MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-08-2002, 02:36 PM   #1
BAleR
Registered Member

Unhappy v6 or v8?

i dunno what to do, i would love to fix up my v6 and have her runnin good 14's while droping in a T-brid SC engine w/ the supercharger, but for some reason all of my friends are telling me that it just wouldnt be worth it and v6's arent good cars to sup up, and it would just totaly dissopoint me. well ******! i would love to sup up my v6, and have her beatin z28's and so on, thats why i dont want to go with the v8. does anyone here think that it would be a good idea to put in the t-bird SC engine in? well gemme some comments please, thanks.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:34 PM   #2
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Isnt this the 4th time you have posted this? Since you are SSSOOO Obsessed with the V6 than DO IT! But dont whine when you get smoked like a big fat cuban cigar.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:44 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

How'd that whole thing with the judge, your dad, and racing go?

Might want to consider goingslower for a while.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:02 PM   #4
BAleR
Registered Member

well i have to go to court on the 20th, but my dad wasnt that mad at first, but as every minute passed he just god madder and mader, hes being a real big ***, i cant leave at lunch at school, and i have to go to his office after school everyday, and just yesterday (thursday) we go to eat with my family every thursday and he told me to go to peppers and for some unexplainable act of nature, maybe god just hates me, i accedently go to TGI Fridays, so i get my fat *** back in my car go back to peppers and he tells me i cant do ANYTHING for the whole weekend, what kind of ******* bullshit is that????? i sware, he is the worse parent i have ever seen in my life, well im too pissed to type anymore so piece.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
Old 11-08-2002, 08:11 PM   #5
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by Ackbar00
But dont whine when you get smoked like a big fat cuban cigar.
Naaa, don't worry about getting smoked. Just go with a Buick Turbo V-6, that'll prevent you gettin' smoked. I've seen many interesting transplants including one in a Mustang fox body.

You can get a whole GN drivetrain with wiring harness ready to go for about $3,000 (from what I'm told). I wouldn't know, I got the package deal....car+engine/drivetrain.

This message forum covers it all:
http://www.turbobuicks.com/cgi-bin/f...000&LastLogin=
Old 11-08-2002, 08:30 PM   #6
chickendreamer
Registered Member

Baler,

I'm just gonna poke in my head here and give my 2 cents worth on this whole thing regarding you wanting to soup up your mustang and your punishment with dad.

First off, at your age (I'm guessing 16 or 17) you WILL NOT have the money to plop in a new motor even if it is a v6 or v8. Rebuilding a motor takes a lot of time/money and expertise, as well even if you did come up with the money, where would you do this work? Do you have the technical expertise to do a R & R? Do you have the tools? How about your transportion when you dont have your car cause your swapping out the engine? Not only with the motor itself, what about a new computer? Where will you even begin to find a new computer for your car? DO you know how much money they are? How about the transmissions linking up? etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on boring you to death with all those tiny little details that can easily overwhelm anyone doing a R&R.

If you want my honest advice about souping up your car and making it go faster, seriously look at Nitrous Oxide. Even then, Nitrous Oxide can quickly become expensive for someone in your situation (part time job/still in school). You could probably find a 75 hp boost that will help your acceleration/speed, but I can tell you right now.. chances are your Dad won't like it. Which brings us to your punishment for street racing. I really don't mean to sound uncool, or an old-timer But your dad's so pissed off cause he's worried you might get hurt, or even killed from street racing. I know, it sounds lame, but your dad loves you and gets pissed off cause he's worried about you.

I myself wasnt into my 20's before I finally clicked in and realized all those things my dad did back when i was a teenager wern't cause he was an *******, or cause he didn't want me to have fun. It's cause your dad's already done stupid things, and he want's to pass on his experience to you without you having to learn the hard way, like you are now with going to court. Even to this day, my dad gives me advice and I take it even though I might want to do something, i'm 27 as well. I know how you feel, you want to spread your wings and do crazy stuff, i was the same way when I was a teen but just step back and think a good long time before you make a decision about anything.

Good luck
Old 11-08-2002, 09:16 PM   #7
BAleR
Registered Member

Angry

well first of all, i will have the money to do this, when i turn 18 (in about 5/6 months) i will get $10,000, it at first was only to go towards school or something like that, but since my dad has done it for everyone ells, he is going to do it for me, now, i can do whatever i want with it, because its my desission, what i want is a fast mustang, v8,v6,v10, i dont care, i have never had anything in my life that is worth anything to me, not my house, not the cloths on my back, nothing, the onlything that matters to me in life are mustangs. everyone one of my brothers and sister have treated me like **** all my life, i know, I KNOW my dad hates me, he has told me to my face that he hates me, the only reason he cares that i suceed in anything is to show that my mother is a bad person, and he is better, he doesnt care about anything about himself, he will tell me that i have to work for him, so i can get a good idea of what work is and blah blah, bullshit, i know damn well that he is making me work for him because im cheap labor. i have been working for him since i was 11 years old, i am now 17 1/2 and still have yet to see a raise. i am paid 7 dollars an hour to dig ditches, watch people tear down walls and then ME have to pick it up, and pick weeds in the back of his office, now i am not going hear anyone tell me that he loves me because i KNOW that he doesnt, the onlyone he cares about is himeself. on a more non depressing note, i do have the tools to do so, and and a shop, my friends dad owns a mechanic shop and has a lift tools and all. he is currently droping a 350 in his `77 Nova, so yes i do have the ability all the way to do this, also hopfuly by my 18th birthday, my dad will have some sort of respect for me that he would let me drive his expidition when i dont have my car, and also, concerning the expi. i have before asked him to drive his expadition when my car was in the shop, and he said " no its a company vehical and i cant let you drive it." well, he can let me drive one of his company trucks, and pull a big *** 15 or 20 foot long trailer on the back, but he cant trust me to drive an expadition that i learned how to drive in???? bull ******* zhit, well anyway, yes i do have the power to do this, i just wanted to know if with 10g's the shop, and yes the transpertation, would it be alright to do it. opinions.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
Old 11-09-2002, 11:59 AM   #8
Conman
Registered Member

first off you should never fall in love with a vehicle.
they will come and go and sometimes it just makes more sense not to keep a certain vehicle
I'm assuming this is your first vehicle so you have a special bond with it but seriously what is so great about a 1994 v6 mustang.

if I were you I would sell the v6, take the 10g's plus what ever you get for the v6 and buy a better base that has lot's of potental. If you spend piles of cash on the v6 you MIGHT be as fast as a v8 with basic mods. Start with the v8, then when you start modifying it you will be that much faster.

I bought my 88 5.0 lx for $4200 Canadian, you could probably get more than that for your 94 v6
If I had $10,000 to spend on it, it would be CRAZY fast, not just fast enough to beat up on stock z28's

This is just my opinion and you should do whatever makes you happy. If there really is something special about this car then by all means keep it and make it semi-fast but I don't think there is anything too great about it

catch ya on the flip side

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 05:13 PM   #9
chickendreamer
Registered Member

/shrug.. ok

If you got the money, sell your 94 stang, buy a 5 or 4.6 litre and get a super charger for it. It's the least hastle and a good bang for your buck.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:41 PM   #10
20LbsBoost

I agree. Sell your current ride and add that to your stockpile of cash. If you like V-6's so much then hunt for a 1989 Turbo Trans Am or an '86-'87 turbo Buick.

You can find a pretty nice one (Buicks will be much less expensive than the TTA) for what you'll have in your pocket plus have the economy of a V-6, the handling and braking of an F-body and one rare car. Just 2-3 mods will get you in the 12's easily. A few more mods for well under $1,000 will get you into the 11's. How can you go wrong?
Old 11-10-2002, 11:22 AM   #11
GodStang
College Stanger

I went to buy a 94 V6 SC engine and than decidied not to get it. After you buy all the parts you need to be as fast as a z28 or Cobra you could have bought either of one with money left over. When it comes down too it it is too expensive. Do it only if you want to be different. If you want to do it to have HP there is much cheaper ways. Remember when you switch engines it is not just the engine you have to swap out. If you got the engine for free there is still about $1000 + in other parts that you will need. PLus SC engines Blow head gaskets alot.

Hope this helps. This is what I have learned from my research.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:43 PM   #12
SMoKEDya95Stang
Registered Member

if ur gonna get 10,000 dollars sell ur car for whatever and get a ******* cobra! about 15 grand as a downpayment or so.. u get like a 95 cobra r and fix her up. 5.0's are sweet *** rides if u work on the motor right.
SMoKEDya95Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 03:10 PM   #13
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

This is a mustang board. Most people want to buy a mustang, Not a buick. Not saying that they are not cool.

Old 11-12-2002, 03:15 PM   #14
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

And I think the last thing Baler needs is a fast car.

Old 11-12-2002, 08:32 PM   #15
20LbsBoost

Roger that!