MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 07:13 AM   #21
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

Well I said that some are tired...but not dead. I drive my low mileage Vortech Supercharged 94 GT everyday and punish ricers on a daily basis. I also still have my first car since I was 17...1989 LX Coupe 5.0 25th Anniversary. The 5.0 will never die! Alls I'm saying is that most of them that are prowling around on the streets have or are coming close to the 200,000 miles stretch..so their age is showing a bit.
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #22
Jthompson
Registered Member

That is specifically what I love about my 86 5.0. The fact that it has aged much, the top is ragged, and is beginning to show its age, the fact that it has 173k miles on the clock and woops some serious ***.

Every time I beat someone,you know they gotta say...WTF DAMMINT! Whenever I get the chance, I boast about my high milage and it has not effected my time too much.

They all think "oh, old mustang, no problem" when They get beat, they remember all the old rumors about the 5.0.

I raced a young asian kid a couple of years back in a hopped up "looking" brandnew veedub golf with 2 big white racing stripes, lowered, wheels, exhaust, you get the idea. thought he was real hot ****.

I was in my vert stang. I murdered the guy, I tore him a new A##hole. (this was one of the most gratifying events ever in my car) When we came up to the signal, he rolled down his window, and was slightly stuttering, and said "your a 5.0 huh?" and I said, yep. He could not believed my old car packed such a can of whoopass.

Our cars may be old, and technology has advanced much,to the point where some 4 bangers can give us a good race, but one fact still arrives: Many of us payed less than 3 grand for our 14 second Fox mustang, and you just payed 16-20 grand for your 15.3 import. Hmmmm
1994 POS head gasket clubbed broke down T-bird with $6000 left to pay off
Old 10-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #23
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jthompson
Many of us payed less than 3 grand for our 14 second Fox mustang, and you just payed 16-20 grand for your 15.3 import. Hmmmm [/B]
many tend to forget or not realize that myself and most others buy their cars for other reasons other that straight-line performance, so boasting about performance per dollar doesn't really go far with me. also when making similar statements, it seems people tend to not realize or remember that if you can pay for a $20k, or $50k, or $80k car, you prolly could afford to build/buy a fast fox body, or camaro, or monza, or whatever
Old 10-15-2002, 03:21 PM   #24
ImportKiller
Registered Member

And in there shows your short sightedness....

if you could afford a car and you wanted to go straight line or road race a mustang can do both equally as well....

and always cheaper than an import....

so i guess you just like to spend money without any thought....more power to you if you got it like that....

http://geocities.com/team340maxim

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
JBA Headers, Bassani X-Pipe
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:54 PM   #25
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ImportKiller
And in there shows your short sightedness....

if you could afford a car and you wanted to go straight line or road race a mustang can do both equally as well....

and always cheaper than an import....

so i guess you just like to spend money without any thought....more power to you if you got it like that....

are you kidding me? since i have to justify my purchase, here is what i looked at:

performance and aftermarket support is/was a priority, but i am not willing/able to sacrifice the following to squeeze a little more performance

-i want a turbo
-i need a new car. i got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. a warranty ensures that i'll have a car to drive when i do need it serviced. i also need to build credit to buy a house.
-my insurance premium is substantially lower than a mustang
-i need the practical storage space of a real hatchback
-parking is an issue where i live, i park on the street, the short length of the volkswagen allows me to park in spaces where i couldn't fit other cars. i like that
Old 10-15-2002, 04:30 PM   #26
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Hey chief its all good, you know im just messin with ya!!

Its all good, im just giving you **** cause you drive an import....

I drive a mustang cause its fast gets shitty gas milage and looks cool...

And i'm my own bumper to bumper warranty...hehe....

gotta fix my own shiznit.....

But its all good...

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:36 PM   #27
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i like fixin' my own ish........that is why i just bought a 72 monte.........

but it is kinda tough to do that when you sometimes leave the office at 10 pm and then hafta make a 50 mile or 150 mile trip at 7 the next morning....

like i say, i'll own a mustang one of these days
Old 10-15-2002, 04:38 PM   #28
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Holy Commute batman!!!!

Damn dude, you need to buy yourself a membership to the road warriors club....

well now it all comes clear...i would have to put Betty in her garage if i had that kind of commute....

after all i aint no Bill Gates...

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Closed Thread