View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 08:57 PM   #1
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Default veedub vs. stangs

since i'm here, i figured i'd post on a pair of mustang runs i've had:

this one ocurred about 4 months ago, early summer 2002, i'd just broken in my car and was learning to drive it hard:

Quote:
saturday morning on the interstate............

this occurred in west knoxville on I-40.............5 lanes of traffic.......this took place on the 3 left furthest left

i don't remember the exact circumstances that led to this, but i ended up lined up with cars on both sides of me rolling at about 45 or 50

to the right, a 90 or so maxima se, 5 spd, kinda banged up and stock looking...

to the left, a 94-95 mustang, black with dark windows, it looked to be rollin' on cobra r's, it had a phackin' huge cowl hood and at least an exhaust, i assume flowmaster-it had a flowmaster sticker on the rear window.........2 fat guys were in it, i'd say that it was spotting me at least 300 lbs just from passenger weight......

we all hit it at the same time, i run it through 4th and me and the stang are neck and neck.........at one point my bumper was at his front wheel, at the point where i'm shifting, his bumper was at my front wheel.............the maxima, maybe 1 to 2 car lengths behind us............

i'm real sloppy on my 4-5 shift, the shift was clean but slow enough to drop me out of boost range, and i lose 2+ cars on stang and the maxima passes me................i reel in the maxima and prolly gain a car or so on the stang but that is all that i can do............i let off, the maxima blasts by while me and the stang coast down to a reasonable speed........

ah well, it was fun stuff.......i'll fare a little better as i learn to optimize performance of my car...........

a few minutes later..........i am off the interstate and at a stop light........i am on some rarely policed, no thru traffic, gov'ment roads........a 77 or so nova pulls up and this dude is starring at me..........

this car is a 4 door nova, 3 shades of primer, sittin' on rusty cragers, no interior, no rear seat...........the dude driving was filthy...........i'd say he had 4 quarts of motor oil on his body and clothes........i think he was a white dude, i couldn't really tell............anyway, this dude is staring the phack out of me.......

light turns, i let out the clutch slowly, start rolling, and throw it in 2nd.........the dude paces me exactly, still staring.........i finally nod and gun it..........

this dude motherphackin' arse-raped me.............dayum!!!!!

he barks the rears, takes 2 cars immediately and doesn't let up........i'd say that he had at least 8 cars on me by the time i gave up..........which was pretty damn soon after i started.......

when i pull up to him next light, i notice that he had a few stickers from local dragstrips on the rear bumper.........

ah well, cool to see a performer.........i told a few people abotu it and they think that he runs 8 flat in the 8th.........i'd like to see him take some kids in stang's, camaro's, imports, etc, etc
then the other night, i got a run with an foxbody, lx hatchback, 5.0 badging and matching v8 rumble, no exposed tailpipes........2 healthy sized adult men in the car, don't know if it was an auto or manny.............

we both jumped at about 35 and ran it up to about 90, 92 mph......i took about 2 cars on him, maybe a touch less........

when i got in front of him in the same lane, he brightlighted me............i didn't really know what that meant, but i let off and switched to the left lane so he could pull up beside me.........he pulled up, i looked over at him, hoping he wanted another run...........he stared at me completely expression-less for a while, but didn't do anything...........i sped up a bit and continued with my life