View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 07:46 AM   #16
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
i don't really feel a need to justify what happened, cause i know that i experienced it, but look at it this way.......

-i think we can agree that a 14.3x is a good time for a 5.0 lx.
-the 02 gti's are quoted in the mags at 15.3. i've seen countless slips where a good driver put them in the 14's stock........
-lets say the stang is a 14.3 car and the gti is a 15.0 flat car
-the stang has an obvious advantage off the line, so that is a few tenths right there........these runs were from a roll
-lord knows how well the mustang has been maintained, whereas, the volkswagen is a new car, so there are a few other things going for me
-he may have simply underestimated my wee little economy car

that is why such a result should not be terribly inconceivable
Yeah, you are right about a few things. Especially about the 5.0s showing their age. Most 5.0s on the street are pretty tired by now and some are over 15 yrs old and have passed the 200K mark!!! So throw that in with a not so great driver and you have a pretty sad car. I remember back in the late 80s or early 90s no 4 cyl would even think of challenging the 5.0 on the steet. Times are certainly different now, especially as our beloved 5.0 is getting older and tired...
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.