MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-26-2002, 05:24 AM   #1
Import Slayer
Registered Member

Angry veiws on imports

in case anyone cares, these are my tales of woe in dealing with imports. I found myself my dream car, a 89 mustang lx 5 spd owned by an old lady who was selling it cuz she couldnt shift it because she had artheritis. on one of the first days i had it i was cruising around my hometown, and noticed a 4 door white civic drive by me at mach 10 through a residential area. later, through a friend i heard he was bragging about how he waxed this 5 liter in his civic??????? its a small town. my good friend has a 90??toyota mr2 supercharged and hes got it done up it really is a fast car and the fastest in town and he is a god. we went down to the river and i blew his ******* doors so far the **** off he didnt knwo what hit him. anyhow it was no hard feelings, and somehow word leaked out to his faithful followers that i was fast and i couldnt even drive to work without some little car be it a v tech or a 2.0 cavalier trying to test his luck against me. low and behold these little fucks all start saying they beat me or were right beside me or this and that??? i had some ****** ina godamn CRX saying he beat me?????????AND I WAS IN A STOCK, YES A STOCK NEON THAT BEAT HIM!!!!!!!! and for the record this is a totally stock engine with the only thing that didnt come from factory being some bosch plugs the old crones husband installed, how he didnt thread the hole i dont know. anyhow, i was in about 20 races and lost 2...one too a rich boy in a twin turbo v6 stealth, and to a Z06 corvette. anywho just thought id blow off some steam hehe andthis board rules.

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
89mustang
Registered Member

Hey man, I hear what you're saying, thats the same thing in my town, i have a black LX with a supercharger, well i had ran one of the quote un quote fast cars in town and i won, now everyone thinks im like the next target to beat, im like crap the whole engine is stock other than the supercharger, and on the import thing, i totally agree, apparently ive been beat by a celica, a neon among other things, i ve just gotten to where i dont care, i mean i know ive only lost 2 times, once to a S-10 with a 350 running 12s and once to a 3000 GT VR-4 twin turbo, and the only reason he got me is cause i spun like crazy, but still i lost so heck it dont matter, but yeah i get what you mean about import drivers and their attitudes

Old ride: 89 mustang LX with a paxton NOVI 1000 strapped to the 5.0 with a 3.55 rearend.

" FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE IMPORTS!"
89mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Frankenstang65
Registered Member

I know exactly what you mean. I've never(to my knowledge) had anybody claim to have beaten me...but there are several vocal little ricers around here who think it's cool to tell everyone that they CAN beat my stang, but they just haven't had a chance to line 'em up. What's even funnier is that I know most of these guys pretty well, and when they talk to me about my car they do so in a tone of respect, and have never said anything other than "yeah, you'd proabably smoke me pretty easily" to my face.
The sad thing is that this trend in behavior is not isolated in the import scene...I know several domestic car owners that try to pull the same s*** all the time. I think that some people take winning and losing too seriously when it comes to street racing. They turn it too much into a head game, and forget what it's really about. I mean come on, I lined up against a 502 powered street rod a few months ago. I knew I was gonna get smoked like a pack of marlboro's, but I did it anyway just for the hell of it. My philosophy: Just have fun and be as safe as possible, no need to talk trash.
1965 Coupe: 351W, comp cam, Aluminum Systemax II heads (2.02/1.60), 1.7 Cobra full roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper, Mallory Unilite, MSD-6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD heli-core plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" exhaust (GT style) w/ 40 series delta flows, 69 C4 w/ shift kit, shelby traction bars, 3.55:1 rear

Daily Driver:
1989 GT- 5spd, K&N (no silencer), Shorty Headers, King Cobra Clutch, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back
Frankenstang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:41 PM   #4
Import Slayer
Registered Member

thats a good aditude to have. its all about fun. just the other day i got annihlated by a corvette Z06, but i ended up making a friend out of it! its all about having fun.

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default pick and choose races

When I got my car, one of my first races was against a Ferarri F355. While we were sitting at the light waiting for it to change, I was contemplating whether to race him or not....but I thought "when am I going to get this opportunity with a Ferarri again". I knew I'd lose but it was worth it.

I get ricer's revvvving at me all the time. Sometimes they are going the other way!! I just pick and choose my races...If someone wants to say they beat me, I don't care. I win some and lose some. Can't win em' all. That's the way it goes.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: