View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Frankenstang65
Registered Member

I know exactly what you mean. I've never(to my knowledge) had anybody claim to have beaten me...but there are several vocal little ricers around here who think it's cool to tell everyone that they CAN beat my stang, but they just haven't had a chance to line 'em up. What's even funnier is that I know most of these guys pretty well, and when they talk to me about my car they do so in a tone of respect, and have never said anything other than "yeah, you'd proabably smoke me pretty easily" to my face.
The sad thing is that this trend in behavior is not isolated in the import scene...I know several domestic car owners that try to pull the same s*** all the time. I think that some people take winning and losing too seriously when it comes to street racing. They turn it too much into a head game, and forget what it's really about. I mean come on, I lined up against a 502 powered street rod a few months ago. I knew I was gonna get smoked like a pack of marlboro's, but I did it anyway just for the hell of it. My philosophy: Just have fun and be as safe as possible, no need to talk trash.
1965 Coupe: 351W, comp cam, Aluminum Systemax II heads (2.02/1.60), 1.7 Cobra full roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper, Mallory Unilite, MSD-6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD heli-core plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" exhaust (GT style) w/ 40 series delta flows, 69 C4 w/ shift kit, shelby traction bars, 3.55:1 rear

Daily Driver:
1989 GT- 5spd, K&N (no silencer), Shorty Headers, King Cobra Clutch, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back
Frankenstang65 is offline   Reply With Quote