MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-05-2001, 12:01 PM   #1
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Talking Imports to chicken to race

Guys, yesterday was my day for imports. I was going home after work. The trafic light was in red because there were cars turning the same way I was going (Turning right). Well I see this beatiful Toyota supra with a big spoiler and a huge muffler so I decided to catch up with him and right when we were side by side he decided to turn (damm).
About 5 blocks later a Honda civic started to tailgating me, I put my blinker to make a right turn and so did he.
I thought to myself that the rice wanted to play with the big dog so lets see how fast he can make that right turn (as you can see all my mod are mostly suspension), I push the gas, I made the corner like about 65 my rear stayed with the front but I saw that the little civic tried doing the same thing and almost cross the media, he lost control of his car and was all over the place.
The bastard was lucky that there were no cars coming but I must admit that even though I was laughing inside I also felt sorry for him that almost crash his car.

.............................................99GT… rear sway bar (adjustable), rear lower control arm, traction bars, tokiko struts illumina 5 position, tokiko shocks, strut tower brace, caster camber plates, racing lower springs, 3:73, underdrive pulleys, Michelin “pilot XGT-Z4. NOW I WILL ADD POWER.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I have the opposite luck. I have all kinds of Rice and Imports wanting to race. As Tim C can testify to, I always have one pull up next to me and rev, but theres a little whistling coming from underneath there hoods.

Tim C and I were out cruising, each in our respective stangs, and in one night I had a total of 4, yes, NO BS, a total of 4 forced induction imports pull up to me during that night, oh and 1 turbo charged Avenger, well at least I think it was an Avenger, it was all riced out, but either way it was a Mopar Product.

I'm always the Front Door (Leed Car) when cruising so I usually get first dibs. The closest of the bunch was a Maxima which definetly had some exhaust work done to it, and had a cam (sounded like a two stroke weed eater)and that whistling sound from under the hood. I was easily 1-1 1/2 car lengths infront by 65 Mph, and he fell back more after 80, thats when I turned my Flashers on and let off.

He was actually a cool guy, at the next light he gave me a big thumbs up and a nod of apreciation. I asked him if had a little Whirly Bird under the hood and he said, "Yep, its turbod" He seemed rather surprised when I told him my 2000 GT was bone stock. That was the closest of the imports that night.

The Avenger or what ever the hell it was, Now that was a close Race. Eric (Dude with the Blue 67 Fairlane) Drove my car later that night ( I had one beer at a steak house, I dont like driving, especially racing till its out of my system) and ran inot this riced looking Mopar. We pulled up next to him and i heard this distinct Turbo sound when he reved.

I remember saying to myself "Oh God, not another" Thats when the light changed and Eric Gunned it. They Both took off, Eric launched like crap, and shifted at 4900 RPM (he doesnt like driving my car hard, I dont want him to drive it hard for that matter ) The dodge was keeping up, but slowly loosing ground. By 90, his front end was probably about even with my rear bumper. ERic Let off then.

I wonder how bad I could of beat him if I was the one racing, I know I could of done a heck of a sight better.

All kinds of rice that night but no fellow Pony, or Muscle competition.

I have to say this, they for the most part seemed like cool people, giving me the thumbs up and all were surprised how potent a new Stock GT is.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:45 AM   #3
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

"MERCURY" Going home yesterday I saw another Toyota supra, man these bad boys look mean. I got 2 questions;
1..how many seconds will it take a toyota supra from 0 to 60.

2.. The other day was the first time I pick on someone to have a race. Here in maryland if you get got by the police street racing you can get your license suspended. My question is aren't you scare of getting cought by the police?.
.............................................99GT… rear sway bar (adjustable), rear lower control arm, traction bars, tokiko struts illumina 5 position, tokiko shocks, strut tower brace, caster camber plates, racing lower springs, 3:73, underdrive pulleys, Michelin “pilot XGT-Z4. NOW I WILL ADD POWER.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Rocket99Gt.

North Carolina has the same Punishment for street racing. But they have 3 diffrent kinds of street racing, and each have there own degrees of punishment.

Before I go into detail about that, yeah I'm scared to an extent, but once the adrenaline starts pumping through the Blood, there no going back. I'm a race Fanatic. Its possibly the best/funnest thing for me. Even possibly better than Sex.

TimC, Eric and Ralph (the Fast Ford Gang), joke about me having a sixth sense about cops. I seem to know where they are, and when not to race, but the biggest part about it is knowing in what part of town you can race. The main street I live off of is heavily patroled and for the most part, I wont race on my side of town. Same goes for a Owen Dr, and Raeford Rd from Owen int, back to Robeson, those are place NOT to race in Fayetteville, such is Ramsey ST. You never see cops in certian parts of town, like near the cruising areas near the mall, and other parts of town. Industrial parks are GREAT places to set up races, there isnt any cops there, even thought its only 5 miles from the Police Station.

And, Yes I have been busted for street racing. Spent 480 dollars for a lawyer that kinda screwed me over, I've been on driving probabtion (prayer for Judgement as its know here in NC) for 3 yrs, and racing. My 3 year wait is over, and now I can get safely pulled without losing my license on the spot. I've since made alot of freinds while I was in majored in Criminal Justice, you'd be surprised how many cops are hot rodders around here.

One way I dont get caught is because I race smart. I dont OFTEN go blistering down vast stretches of road at 90+ MPH. I usually race till about 100 or so and let off, or what traffic permits. I've only been in a handfull of races that went on for a few miles. The most recent involved 5 cars, and i was in the lead the whole time, the only time the race went below 70 MPH was when I had to do a sharp turn onto SKidbo Rd, and I power slid. Infront of a sheriff. He saw all 5 of us (three of us were Red Mustangs, one was a 67 Fairlane Dragster with a BigBlock, no muffles,) Traffic was to heavy for him to pull out and turn around.

In NC, if you get caught lining up on the street and having a flag person, you pretty much loose you license on the spot and get hauled away by the cops.

If you get caught talking to the guy next to you and racing then when the light Turns you get whats known as WillFull speed competition. Thats what I got busted for. If convicted, its 13 point on your license and you loose it for 3 yrs.

If you get caught just accerlerating hard with someone trying to keep up and it turns into a race, thats Spontanious WIllFull Speed Comepition. That can be up to one year without license and 6 points on license.

I have ran from the sheriff before and made it cross the county Line (Tim C's house is like right on the Cumberland/Harnett county Line). The cop was heading the other way down a narrow two lane rd when we blew by him (me and a few others)going like 90 mph. I saw him and thought to myself "Oh, Sh$t, what to do? Floor it, the county line is right up the road". He was way far back when he finally turned his light one and turned around. He had to be a half mile or more back. That made me nervous, I didnt get on the gas much for about a week. I didnt drive home till about 3 hours later, and I didnt got 1 mph over the limit.

As For your Supra Question, I think the 0-60 time on a early/mid 90's Supra is like 5.5 seconds. Sorry this post was so long, but I had alot to say.

------------------
64 1/2 Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, high side of 10.5:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote