MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Very Tired (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=36755)

BlueMust5089 05-29-2003 06:21 PM

Very Tired

Ok i'm at the point where i say shut the **** up about what people drive. May it be Big H, Bow Tie or Blue Oval Somebody put their time, money and most important their heart into it. So when someone starts talking about their ride Sit down shut up and respect it like you would want some one else to do for you.

Special K 05-29-2003 06:33 PM

I agree 100%. Except if the car look like its out of The Fast and The Furious. :D

84gt347 05-29-2003 06:41 PM

i like people who dont know what their talking about. They have a 9 second car and after you whip them with your 15 sec ride theyn u have the fastest car ever.

BlueMust5089 05-29-2003 08:06 PM

Even th F&F rides. As they say in the movie "Somebody put in the wrench time."

Stang_Crazy 05-29-2003 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlueMust5089
"Somebody put in the wrench time."
Those rediculous F&F rides aren't worth pooping on, but that's just my opinion. If someone puts "wrench time" into a hideous body kit and a 5" tail pipe, I'll give them nothing except a good chuckle. There's nothing wrong with an import that's done tastefully but alot of the cars i see are just a body kit and a muffler.

84LX89GT 05-29-2003 11:19 PM

I stopped talking to people about cars....i have my opinion and most other people have theirs. I hear people all the time....."FORD's SUCK!". I usually say, "Yeah they do, what do you drive?"
Regardless of their answer i tell them that their car sucks back at them
A-holes :mad:

What i used to do was ask them "Specifically WHY do ford's suck and which ones." Most people don't have a good argument to this and usually mention something that is a rebadged Ford or say something like "Pinto" or any other car that the engineering has long since been surpassed. You can always find a flaw in someones reasoning, but i decided - SCREW IT! I just don't care anymore.

BlueMust5089 05-30-2003 12:09 AM

I guess it's just my way but if someone put the work into their car no matter how i feel it looks or sounds i give them all the respect they are due.

aford50lx 05-31-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stang_Crazy
Those rediculous F&F rides aren't worth pooping on, but that's just my opinion. If someone puts "wrench time" into a hideous body kit and a 5" tail pipe, I'll give them nothing except a good chuckle. There's nothing wrong with an import that's done tastefully but alot of the cars i see are just a body kit and a muffler.
i could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!! you know how i feel about those ricers!!!!! some are kool,but most are just those stupid chrome fart cans that they call mufflers,and about 10 pounds of those assinine stickers!!!! (hope i spelled assinine right)

gofastmercury 05-31-2003 10:54 AM

It not just import guys either, I here all the time about the ford 490, ford 427 hemi, how can your small block possible beat my bigblock, you can't drive a 11 sec car on the street, and other crap, ussally coming from guys in there 40's. Drives me nuts.

Stang_Crazy 05-31-2003 08:58 PM

You can't drive a 11 second car on the street...HAHA You should have smacked the guy who said that!!

I have had people tell me before "side exhaust is illegal if it exits in front of the rear tires." I pointed out the 00' Cobra R and the Lightnings but the guy didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to argue about it so we just dropped it. He really got me heated though.