View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 08:50 PM   #1
bri32zz
Registered Member

Default Street racers die

Some local street racers killed their passangers this past weekend while racing down a side road in Atlanta GA. Missed most of it on the news but I heard it was a z28 and a trans am. They were both from out of town attending a car show. I copied this from the local paper;

Cobb police on Tuesday charged the drivers of two cars they say were involved in a drag race that led to the death of two passengers.

Scott M. Alexander, 28, of Easley, S.C., was charged with drag racing and two counts of vehicular homicide. Police said Alexander was driving a red 1998 Chevrolet Z-28 that crashed on Interstate North Parkway S.E about 2 a.m. Sunday, killing back-seat passengers Charles E. Perry, 28, from Union City, S.C., and Hayden Joseph Wallace, 25, of Easley, S.C. Alexander, who was injured in the accident, was released from a local hospital and was at the Cobb County Adult Detention Center Tuesday evening.

Police also charged the driver of the second car, Neil D. Emery, 25, of Beaufort, S.C., with drag racing, failure to stop to help when the first car struck a pole and driving under the influence.

The race took place near the Atlanta Marriott Northwest hotel, where Alexander and Emery were attending a convention for owners of high-performance Pontiac Firebirds and Chevrolet Camaros.

COBB COUNTY
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/
Rice Haters Club Member #82
My wife is AWSOME!!!!!!!!
bri32zz is offline   Reply With Quote