MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-01-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
green96
Registered Member

Default tired of intakes

i have a 96 gt, which has had the intake replaced 4 times so far, and the darn thing keeps leaking from various places... i have the supposed "new" intake, but now it is leaking from the left side, between the last two plug holes. i am tired of it, and the "warranty" period expired the first of this year... any help would be appreciated. i dont want aftermarket though.
green96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:25 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Your only alternative is to get in touch with FORD directly if the dealer is not willing to work with you. If you have it documented that you have been through four intakes you may have a case for the lemmon law. They most likely will have to fix or replace the intake. Don't let them screw you around. The squeaky wheel gets the oil! ***** every day untill they fix it. Or buy the roots blower from Ford, that will solve the whole problem and boost the HP by 60+

Good luck, sounds like you need it
Old 10-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #3
AutoX281
Registered Member

To verify you have the "new" intake, there should be aluminum across the front of the intake, where the radiator hose attaches. If it's black plastic, then you have the old, original type of intake.

I didn't realize coolant also flowed front to back along the intake...I did guess I didn't look at mine that closely.

Like surfbeast said, talk to Ford customer service directly. Although, I don't think it will qualify as a lemon b/c it's over a year since the car was new. As for the warranty, if the problem started b/f the warranty period expired and you brought it to their attention b/f it expired, then it might still be covered.

Any new parts intalled by the dealer also come w/a 12 month/12000 mile warranty on them separate from any other TSB/recall/warranty/etc.

Good luck

--Javier
98 GT Conv, #81 FS, #18 FSL, current autox-er
84 9W SVO, #??? not ready yet.. future autox-er
AutoX281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:50 PM   #4
GaryDawg
Registered Member

Did you do the installs yourself? You might want to check the torque on your bolts and be sure that they were tightened in the correct sequence... And were the gaskets replaced each time or did you try to re-use them?
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote