MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-22-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
lcvette
Registered Member

Default Vettehead here! wanna meet some Stang racers in my area!!

Hello all,
Just want to start by saying hello, and was wondering if there were any racers with mustangs in the Wilmington, NC area.. would like to meet some of you. I am a Corvette head straight through, but love racing all the same and love the talk and commeradarie of other racers. so post if your near here, and please don't turn this into a GM bashing Thread.. it holds NO demeaning overtones whatsoever so don't read them into it!! Hope to meet some of ya soon!!

Best,
Chris
Old 05-22-2002, 01:12 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Hey welcome to Mustangworks. I'm not in NC, but thougth I would say "hi". You shouldn't get bashed around here, everyone is mature and inteligent. Of course we do get in the odd heated discussion .

Hope you find someone near you to race your...er...one of your Vettes

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 01:50 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Welcome to Mustang Works, we have a few Mustangers in NC, I believe Mercury is from there?
Old 05-22-2002, 08:18 PM   #4
2001 WS6 TA
Registered Member

I always love racing different kinds of cars, but I'm all the way up in NJ
2001 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:05 PM   #5
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Congrates man. Are you from the corvetteforum?

My great friend Sedanman goes there some. A guy named Mercury on here and Tim C are from that area. They should be a good run for your cars b/c they take LS1s.....Let see from friendly runs.

What do ya say Mercury??????

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:14 AM   #6
lcvette
Registered Member

Hey guys thanks for the responses.. I'm not looking for a race in particular however I rarely walk away from one unless its obviously pointless.. I build LS1', LT1's, LT4's, L98's and 5.0 and 4.6's alike. 3 of my vettes, 2 LT4's and one 95 LT1 are built fairly stout.. they go 11's on motor and with some squeeze dip mid and low 10's.. the new solid roller LT4 vette should see some 9's on a 150 shot.. but I highly doubt it will see the juice more then once. I never spray on the streets.. way to dangerous.. these cars trap in the mid 120's on motor.. with spray they are mid to high 130's a little two fast for my tastes on a 2 lane with another car beside me. all my cars run fatory heads which i port, and are still stock bottom ended.. basicaslly just carefully picked bolt ons and heads work and proper cam selection. I usually try and make it to Jacksonville and Fayetteville drag strips with an occasional rockingham trip when the events are in swing.. Perhaps some of you race there? Would be great to meet up.. we generally bring a large vette following where we go but are all friendly and are not going to the track to start get into any tiffs with anyone.. we just like to go fast like the next guy.. anyways hope to see some of ya.. tell me about your cars!

Best Regards,
Chris
CC Performance Engineering
Old 05-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #7
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Sooo, which vette is your daily driver? Or do you just alternate? My daily driver is just a little 4.6L 99 Cobra with an aftercooled Vortech system on it, that's all, nothing much. Just something to commute to work and tool around town in. Some of the Mustangs here are really nice, and fast, hopefully they'll find you!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:10 PM   #8
Torinalth
Registered Member

HEY! I live up in the cary area or SW raleigh. I have a bunch of friends in the wilmington area and plan to see them in the near future. possibly we can catch a bite to eat and then a little drag action and then talk it over? I am still waiting on someone to buy my RSX-S before I can get my GT, but it will get here soon enough. hell, I could benchmark against you since I will be upgrading in stages I could see how I do each time I upgrade I should run 10s when I'm done and less if I decide to use nitrous. anyhow. glad to see someone that is not a prick that own a vette. and yeah Mercury is also in NC, but I cant remember where is lives exactly.

Torinalth
Old 05-23-2002, 10:55 PM   #9
rbatson

Hey, I live in Wilmington. Mercury lives in Fayetteville. Where is your shop located? You really should have no problems finding a race though most of the guys I know race on the track, for obvious reasons. I've been to Jacksonville a few times to race though I don't go much at all. I will have to go when I get this valve cover gasket replaced and alternator put on. I've been neglecting the mustang lately, been out riding my new bike alot. There are some mustangs around here running 11s on motor. I'm willing to bet we know alot of the same people. I usually make it out to Rockingham a couple times a year as well.

Have you been to the dyno in Jacksonville? I hear they have a dyno day from time to time and would like to take this mustang out there for a good tuning. Maybe we can get enough people together to warrant a dyno day..