View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 10:04 AM   #5
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: volkswagen gti vs. mustang gtr

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
Just out of curiosity, have you ever taken your car to the track? If so, what times do you run? If not, what times do you think your car'll run? Just wondering.
i've never ran it at the track. i'm beginning to doubt that i ever will. i love it and love beating on it, but going to the track isn't really fun for me. the local track is an 1/8th mile and my car caters more to the quarter. whenever i go to "import night", there are maybe 5 people over 22 and maybe 10 cars that'll run in the 9's (remember 1/8th mile) whenever i go to test & tune, the domestic guys don't make me feel safe or welcome. when i spend money on entertainment, i prefer to do it in an environment where i feel safe & welcome. i've got a buddy with a high 7 second vr4 and he has a couple of buddies with comparable supra's, if they ever go out on the same night, i'll go with them and and just run each other, so no rednecks get their egos hurt and want to fight them.

i will drag my 1972 monte when i happy with how its running and i will autocross the gti all day long when i get a little closer to paying it off.

oh yeah, i'd say that i could conjure low 15's out of my gti as it currently sits......a good driver should be able to dip into the 14's with it (which is irrelevant, cause no good driver will ever drive my baby )