MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2001, 06:31 PM   #1
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Cool A Volkswagon Bug??? Gimme a break!

I was coming back from shopping today and had my wife with me when this kid pulls up next to me in one of those new Bugs. I never heard him rev or anything but just had this feeling he was going to try to run me so I was ready for him. Light turns green and I let him get a little jump on me then I ease into the throttle as not to scare the crap out of my wife. As I fly up next to him I let off to kinda toy with him a bit by gunning it and lunging forward. He had it floored the whole time because I could hear his engine screaming. Then this ******* pulls out right in front of us and we have to slow down. I have to say, those Bugs have some wicked a$$ breaks because he literally stopped on a dime from about 75mph.

I wasn't toying at the next light when he tried to run me again though. I got him off the line and had a car length on him before we crossed the intersection. He still wouldn't give up so I just kept her hammered down until we were a block in front of him. He turned off before he caught back up. It's too bad because I was wanting to compliment him on having a really nice car.

That was the first time I had seen how fast they were. For being a compact car they have some spunk to them. I was surprised he gave me the little bit of a run that he did off the line. Wouldn't it be fun to drop a 5.0 in one LOL.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

I hear ya. I raced a turbo beetle in the mountains, it was not even close. But these people think they are fast? I think they are ugly as all getout too. Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote