MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2002, 04:13 PM   #1
firemanmill
Registered Member

Default Wahington street race

Does anyone have an idea where I can find a good race in the Seattle area. I want to burn so serious rice.
firemanmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Not from around there but what Year Mustang do you have?
And Welcome to the Board
Old 03-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #3
firemanmill
Registered Member

Sorry, I'm still gettin use to the account. I have a 01' Silver Lightning. No mods "YET".
Old 03-15-2002, 04:27 AM   #4
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Unhappy Washington Races

Man there is a lot of imports in Seattle. But when it comes to racing around here in Seattle. There isn't crap that I know of, only at the new SIR track, which I don't know the name of yet. Thats where I go to really race when they have the American cars versues imports or all Ford day. I just get harrassed by imports and there kazoo sounding 4" tail pipes at street lights when its raining, reving there engine to get me to race or the occassional fly bye. ( Ya, I'm going to race while its pouring rain, uh sure!! You'll most likely win, cause I'll be spinning the tires and I'm NOT that stupid to race in the rain) Plus, I've been to a few Illegal import racing stuff at Ikea in Renton, but not anymore the cops have been really cracking down on street racing around seattle. I haven't heard of any new spots. Sorry! FireMan if you ever need to do some mods let me know. I have a few guys I know who specialize in performance upgrades, they work for the Ford dealership in Federal Way.
My so called Mods are: 30lbs Injectors, 80mm Pro-M, E303 cam, Aeromotive Adj. Fuel Regulator, ElderBrock Performer Alumi. Heads w/Locwire Gaskets, Alumi. Radiator, Alumi. Drive shaft, Mac LongTube headers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Bassani Quiet thunder mufflers. Steeda sport springs, KYB struts and shocks. Mac fenderwell induction system thing. Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter and 3.73 Gears.

Last edited by RedCobra/95; 03-15-2002 at 05:00 AM..
RedCobra/95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
firemanmill
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I might have to take you up on the mods, I dont have any yet, but I can still kick some serious import a--, pretty sweet for a truck. Well let me know if ya hear about races.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:03 AM   #6
84LX89GT
Mustangs

There are alot of races out in the Kent area, but i couldn't tell you the spots. A good place to find people that know where to race is a place called the kirkland strip. Alot of people hang out/cruise down there and usually know when a race is going to happen. The kirkland strip is right on the waterfront off the freeway next to Lee Johnson Chevrolet/Mazda (the waterfront is on the other side of the freeway of Lee Johnson's). Driving down that road leads you straight to the strip. Even if you don't find a race (which is highly unlikely because there is RICE everywhere and other racers) there are lots of beautiful women wandering around. Good luck on your hunt,

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: