MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 10:36 AM   #21
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default Come on

Merc. does not BS he has raced my bro with the 94 GT and we can hang with no GT's but i mean come on Merc. is a heck of a driver and has a fast car. Im just sayin merc is no BS'er i have never seen him really back down from a race only at the track but he will run soon i can tell. I think the gang is just goin to force him to go lol. We are all anticipating his run as well.

mike

** EDIT **

you can ask rs92350 or sandman who both own GM cars and can back up mercury on kills.
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 05-05-2002, 07:11 PM   #22
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
SedanMan

I guess you havent been around long enough, or read enough posts to see that for four months I dated a girl that owns a 2001 Trans Am WS-6, 6spd.

Look at my join date I was here long before you, as for not reading enough post probably because I to am VERY busy (30-35hrs a week of work and 15cr hrs of school)

Quote:

I drove the car on several occasions, and drove it hard more than once. I raced her several times and beat her every time. Once infront of the Parking Lot (Saturday night Hot Rod hang out.).

You were racing a girl who probably can't drive WOW I am impressed

Quote:

The lot also wittnessed Tim C handing a Modified LS-1 Bird his lunch before.
Sorry I am not familiar with his car

Quote:

For me to even guess at my times would be Rice in a way. So I'm not even gonna try it. As for the free time I get to run at the track Sedan Man, roll your eyes if you'd like, but being a manager and all, I dont see much free time during the weekend. Fayetteville Track doesnt have Test and Tune on Weekends either.
To not run your car when your buddies put up the money because you are scared now THAT IS RICE! I have a busy schedule and I manage to make it to the track, ofcourse lately the weather has stoped me from getting new times.

The only reason I asked you to guess your time is because I am interested in what you think it will run (12's, low 13's, mid 13's, low 14's?).

Quote:

It does not take Spray or forced induction for a Mustang to beat an LS-1.
I know my car does not usually have problems with them and I don't have a power adder and I still have a factory short block.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:56 PM   #23
2000stanggirl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman
You were racing a girl who probably can't drive WOW I am impressed
Hey, I take offense to that statement! Why would you just assume that a girl can't drive?

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT

Current Mods:
Flowmaster Catback
MAC Cold Air Induction w/ K&N
March U/D Pulleys
Hypertech Power Programmer III
17X9 Cobra R Rims
White Face Gauges
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

Future Mods:
3.73's or 4.10's?
O/R X-pipe,
Lowering springs
maybe even a NOSzel kit?!?!?

The Stang
Old 05-05-2002, 10:52 PM   #24
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000stanggirl

Hey, I take offense to that statement! Why would you just assume that a girl can't drive?
You are an exception to that rule (ofcourse with no times in the sig, I will have to take your word for it). If someone cant beat a 99 GT with a 6spd LS1, than they can't drive regardless of age, sex, or religion
Old 05-06-2002, 02:53 AM   #25
explicitone
Registered Member

). If someone cant beat a 99 GT with a 6spd LS1, than they can't drive regardless of age, sex, or religion

From what I have seen at THE TRACK sedanman the auto ls1s run better times then the 6sds. Ive seen ls1s run 15s-mid 14s about two weeks ago at the track the next day we went and the same cars were running mid 13s .

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 05-06-2002, 03:00 AM   #26
explicitone
Registered Member

Sedanman I dont need n2o to beat them. as for that the ls1 camaros etc. etc.. may have more power but they have a lot more fat my car as no power locks no power windows nothing but heat and a cd player. the car came stripped down.

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 05-06-2002, 03:35 AM   #27
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Sedan Man.

Yeah, I saw your join date. Just because she is a girl does not mean she cant drive. This girl changes her own oil, maintains her own car (Brake Jobs, and other not so involving stuff), and even takes care of it.

Your assumption that she cant drive because she is a female is disgusting.

As for School (College)and work, I've been there and done that. Wow, what do you want...A cookie or something! I'm mangament that works 50+ hours a week from 3 in the afternoon till most of the time 1 in the morning...Sometimes later. 5 days a week. So my time schedule does not permit me to just run off and go to the track.

And as for being offered money to run....Dude I was not scared of the times I would turn in..More like I didnt want to make an *** of myself my first time racing at the strip Not knowing where to stage, or what much of anything to do....During a Big Event at that. If you cant understand that, then maybe you should take some more classes because you havent learned enough.

Just because my way of racing involves a light hanging from a wire at an intersection, and doesnt have a sheet given to each contestant at the end of the race doesnt make it any less of a race.

Oh...And this is Street Racers Corner...Not the Drag Racing Forum.

EZRDN.

Yeah man, I think it would be fun to run ya. To bad you live like far far away.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:10 AM   #28
Mstngscoob
Registered Member

i know that everyone may not know about tim c's car. but as far as that race with the moded ls1 i was in the passenger seat of tims car as he blistered that guy. by the end of second we had at least half a length on him and we ran out of road when we had a full length on him. merc does drive the hell out of his car and it is possible that he could beat a ls1. of course the way he drives his car will be dead in about a year. as to the question of a factory freak......its gotta be one to put up with the hell he puts it through

2001 suzuki gsxr-600 yoshi pipe, tint screen, helmet, flsh mnts. 4-sale
Old 05-06-2002, 09:15 AM   #29
2000stanggirl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman

You are an exception to that rule (ofcourse with no times in the sig, I will have to take your word for it).
Well, we were taking the stang the test and tune Friday, but not sure we'll make it this weekend. See post "Storms BAAAADDDD" in the Blue Oval Lounge. Running it up to the body shop to see if they can get it fixed by Friday. No major damage...but the roof is creased and it needs repainted. As soon as I run it, I'll post times.

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT

Current Mods:
Flowmaster Catback
MAC Cold Air Induction w/ K&N
March U/D Pulleys
Hypertech Power Programmer III
17X9 Cobra R Rims
White Face Gauges
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

Future Mods:
3.73's or 4.10's?
O/R X-pipe,
Lowering springs
maybe even a NOSzel kit?!?!?

The Stang
Old 05-06-2002, 08:20 PM   #30
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by explicitone
). If someone cant beat a 99 GT with a 6spd LS1, than they can't drive regardless of age, sex, or religion

From what I have seen at THE TRACK sedanman the auto ls1s run better times then the 6sds. Ive seen ls1s run 15s-mid 14s about two weeks ago at the track the next day we went and the same cars were running mid 13s .
Ok even on those 15 sec runs what was the mph? 101-103? I can pretty much bet that mercury's car won't trap over 101 so explain how BOTH the LS1's couldn't pull him up top! What two really crapy drivers even if they could not drive they would still start to run him down on the topend sorry.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:28 PM   #31
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Sedanman I dont need n2o to beat them. as for that the ls1 camaros etc. etc.. may have more power but they have a lot more fat my car as no power locks no power windows nothing but heat and a cd player. the car came stripped down.
Ok drag racing is all power to weight, in your sig you did not list a year or a body style but we will assume a lx coupe the LIGHTEST possible combination. With the mods you have listed you probably have what 230rwhp (giving you the benifit of the doubt here). With a lx coupe no a/c, manual windows, manual locks will call it 3050lb, no we will use ezridn Z as a example despite the fact that it is auto (which hurts dyno #'s and weight). His car weights 3400lbs and has around 285rwhp.

SO:

The 5L
3050lb/230hp=13.26 lb/hp

The Z
3400lb/285hp=11.93 lb/hp

So tell me how does your 5L defy physics

Granted traction (which it sounds from your mods you would have some), gearing, and aerodynamics all play a part the main thing is lb/hp so I am just not seeing it sorry.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #32
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Sedan Man.

Yeah, I saw your join date. Just because she is a girl does not mean she cant drive. This girl changes her own oil, maintains her own car (Brake Jobs, and other not so involving stuff), and even takes care of it.

I judged her driving skills on the fact that she could not win a race with a superior car, not necessarily on the fact that she is a girl. Oh and do you want a cookie for her???

Quote:

Your assumption that she cant drive because she is a female is disgusting.

Again I made my desision on her driving skill based on the race's outcome.

Quote:

As for School (College)and work, I've been there and done that. Wow, what do you want...A cookie or something! I'm mangament that works 50+ hours a week from 3 in the afternoon till most of the time 1 in the morning...Sometimes later. 5 days a week. So my time schedule does not permit me to just run off and go to the track.
So the tracks around there are not open on the weekends hell I drove 1500 miles so I could race in the middle of winter so I don't want to hear excuses

Quote:

And as for being offered money to run....Dude I was not scared of the times I would turn in..More like I didnt want to make an *** of myself my first time racing at the strip Not knowing where to stage, or what much of anything to do....During a Big Event at that.
I didn't say you were scared of your times, you are scared to make yourself look dumb, grow up! Everybody has a first time! If you wait for the "perfect opertunity" you will miss all the fun life has to offer along the way!

Quote:
If you cant understand that, then maybe you should take some more classes because you havent learned enough.
I take engineering classes were you find answers not excusesses.

Quote:

Just because my way of racing involves a light hanging from a wire at an intersection, and doesnt have a sheet given to each contestant at the end of the race doesnt make it any less of a race.

Oh...And this is Street Racers Corner...Not the Drag Racing Forum.
I didn't say anything about street racing, after all ezridn and I are about two of the worst people about street racing you have ever meet! We just said at some time you will realize that street racing is fun drag racing is serious, you lose the fudge factor. It's all cut and dry on a timeslip, no room for BS. Try it you may or may not like it.

Quote:

EZRDN.

Yeah man, I think it would be fun to run ya. To bad you live like far far away.

You don't want any of him especially since the mods have officially started
Old 05-06-2002, 08:50 PM   #33
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mstngscoob
i know that everyone may not know about tim c's car
No, please tell us what car and what mods does he have?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mstngscoob
but as far as that race with the moded ls1 i was in the passenger seat of tims car as he blistered that guy. by the end of second we had at least half a length on him and we ran out of road when we had a full length on him.
Well I beleive it if he ran thru second, LS1 car's due to gearing (and traction) don't have as quick of a first and second gear, however when third comes around thats when you see what your stang is really made of.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:58 PM   #34
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:

Well, we were taking the stang the test and tune Friday, but not sure we'll make it this weekend. See post "Storms BAAAADDDD" in the Blue Oval Lounge. Running it up to the body shop to see if they can get it fixed by Friday. No major damage...but the roof is creased and it needs repainted
WOW!! That sucks!! Hopefully they will have her up and kicking in no time

Quote:

As soon as I run it, I'll post times.
I assume this is your first time to the track? If it is relax and have fun, after all thats what its all about. If it is your first time don't worry about your times so much just learn about proper procedure the first couple runs, the go for the times (hopefully you will get a couple runs in). Good luck!!!

And don't forget to post your times regardless, because analyzing your time slips can give you a good idea of where you need to target to impove them.

Again GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:03 PM   #35
sedanman
Registered Member

Sorry, for all the replys, but I feel that all of those post were aimed at me and thus it is important/polite to reply to those post.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:18 PM   #36
explicitone
Registered Member

those post were geared to you because your telling other people to grow up but you are dissing and complaining like your still in 7th grade . BIG NEWS FLASH RACING IS NOT JUST THE CAR ITS THE DRIVER ALSO. And maybe merc. and the two ls1s ran out of open road before 100mph I know I have or maybe they just let off the go ped. cause it was getting a little much for the street. and for what your talking all this junk about my ride look at the NMRA factory stock they dont have a hell of a lot of mods and there running 12s why lets see(DRIVER,SUSP and tuning)WOW in your eyes they cant beat a ls1 either because they dont have all the power you do. or the heads and intake you do and if drive so far to race come to chi-town Ill be happy to run you and even some of my import guys would like to show you taillights as well.
I think your the one who needs to grow up. Mustangers like you are the one that give all of us a bad name to a lot of other car guys/girls . why you hating on fellow mustangs or do not own a mustang and really have a camaro?(thats the way you are acting and sounding/
2000stanggirl sorry to hear what happened, its good to hear you and your famliy was not hurt in the storm and car is not that
badly hurt and BTW good luck when you get to the track

Oh and sedanman how does it feel to have less power then the factory stock racers and have spent more money on parts. and run a lot slower with more ..........

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________

Last edited by explicitone; 05-07-2002 at 12:33 AM..
Old 05-07-2002, 12:42 AM   #37
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Sedan Man.

Umm...Your back ground at school. What relavance does that have to the subject. If in some way that makes your frivilous arguements point, perhaps one needs to take debate classes.

If you want to throw that in as some sort of measure of intelligance, through which you might find your self more superior...Dude I probably (I'm like 100 percent sure) that my grade point average and accumulated credit hours far exceeds what you may have. (And yes, I'm talking about classes a little more involving than UnderWater Basket Weaving, or Self Defense)

But since that has no relavance to the subject at hand, I wont mention my Educational background.

As mentioned, by another member. The car is as only good as the driver, In case you dont understand....The car is as only as fast as the driver. Its a Handi Cap like Golf.

I would much rather be talked about because I'm a Great driver, than because I drive a Great Car. Although both would be nice.

And you know what, I dont care if you drove 1500 miles to run at the track..That sounds like your problem. I dont have that kind of free time. Yes the Track runs Saturday's but thats not any Fun Run, or Test and Tune.

I have the 30th and 31st off this month, if everything goes right, I may have some time slips to tell of.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:03 AM   #38
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
those post were geared to you because your telling other people to grow up but you are dissing and complaining like your still in 7th grade .
I am just speaking the truth, it's not my fault that the truth hurts sometimes.

Quote:
BIG NEWS FLASH RACING IS NOT JUST THE CAR ITS THE DRIVER ALSO.
Thanks, I did not know that.

Quote:
And maybe merc. and the two ls1s ran out of open road before 100mph I know I have or maybe they just let off the go ped. cause it was getting a little much for the street.
That's not what the post said it said to 110mph, reread the post if you need to.

Quote:
and for what your talking all this junk about my ride look at the NMRA factory stock they dont have a hell of a lot of mods and there running 12s why lets see(DRIVER,SUSP and tuning)WOW in your eyes they cant beat a ls1 either because they dont have all the power you do. or the heads and intake you do
I did not talk "junk" about your ride I mearly spoke the truth, beleive it or not I was at your mod level at one time. I understand that not everyone can have this or that, hell I still want a blower but right now school takes priority over the blower.

As for the NMRA factory stock cars they have tons of $$$ in tunning, and well lots of the car has to remain factory lots of it dosn't for example they can run different compression's etc.. I have a stock short block. I have invested zero dollars in tunning so far (since I am still adding little stuff) once all the little stuff is done then I will tune and post some better #'s and times. Just for now I have a very conservative tune (to much FP, not enough timming for optimal power.)

Quote:
or the heads and intake you do and if drive so far to race come to chi-town Ill be happy to run you and even some of my import guys would like to show you taillights as well.
I think you are challanging me to a race I am sure I can set up some time this summer to bring it up there, but for now I have some more tunning to do, and I have to set up the NX kit. But if you would like I am sure I can bring it up there. If not we could meet at the WFC if you are going. I am always game for a race.

Quote:

I think your the one who needs to grow up. Mustangers like you are the one that give all of us a bad name to a lot of other car guys/girls .
How's that because I understand other cars? Because I know how fast other car are/can be? You're the one acting like a kid because you refuse to beleive the fact that your modded car can't beat a stock LS1 in a 1/4.

Quote:
why you hating on fellow mustangs or do not own a mustang and really have a camaro?(thats the way you are acting and sounding/
I hate my fellow stangers! Not likely, I spend countless hours helping local stangers on there cars. I have introduced many kids to the 5L community. I introduce them to the strip and help them mod their cars so how am I a hater? Because even after I help install a intake on a friends car I explain to them that they still arn't fast enought to take a LS1, thats honesty! Sorry if it hurts but I would rather be straight up than lie to build up a false hope!

As for the camaro bit I think not, I had one at one time. I like my stang better.

Quote:
Oh and sedanman how does it feel to have less power then the factory stock racers and have spent more money on parts. and run a lot slower with more ..........
It does not bother me one bit, I respect the time and money they spend to make their cars run the way they do. They are not just parts bolted together, the spend countless hours tunning their cars to a degree I can't imagine. All of their parts are so closely matched, they spend thousands of dollars on what appears to be a stock motor. I guarantee you most of those racers have far more money in there "stock" motor than in my "built motor".

As for me running a lot slower that was with dismal traction and missing third. I hope to run around a 12.6@110 my next time out but only time will tell (if this damn Indiana weather would clear up I would have some new times).

Out of curiosity what kinda times are you running (I failed to notice any in your sig).
Old 05-07-2002, 01:23 AM   #39
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Sedan Man.

Umm...Your back ground at school. What relavance does that have to the subject. If in some way that makes your frivilous arguements point, perhaps one needs to take debate classes.
No, you originally said I was not edjucated I mearly stated that I was.

Quote:
If you want to throw that in as some sort of measure of intelligance, through which you might find your self more superior...Dude I probably (I'm like 100 percent sure) that my grade point average and accumulated credit hours far exceeds what you may have. (And yes, I'm talking about classes a little more involving than UnderWater Basket Weaving, or Self Defense)

But since that has no relavance to the subject at hand, I wont mention my Educational background.

Quote:

As mentioned, by another member. The car is as only good as the driver, In case you dont understand....The car is as only as fast as the driver. Its a Handi Cap like Golf.
While being a great driver is great (and important) how does that keep a more powerful car from coming by you on the bigend? I mean take John Force and put him in my car and put me in his. I think noone one here would argue that John Force is the better driver but its not gonna help much! A driver can only do so much!

Quote:

I would much rather be talked about because I'm a Great driver, than because I drive a Great Car. Although both would be nice.
I would rather be called fast, but to each their own.

Quote:

And you know what, I dont care if you drove 1500 miles to run at the track..That sounds like your problem. I dont have that kind of free time. Yes the Track runs Saturday's but thats not any Fun Run, or Test and Tune.
Nope its a want to play the game, plus I got a chance to wrench on a stang (ezridn's 86).

Quote:

I have the 30th and 31st off this month, if everything goes right, I may have some time slips to tell of.
I wish you luck! I will be truely impressed if you car traps 104+ (the min. speed need to pull a LS1 to 110+) in fact post a timeslip of your 104+ mph pass or a vid and you might even get a apology. But if your car traps under 102 well....

Regardless have fun at the track and be safe!
Old 05-07-2002, 01:35 AM   #40
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I've only seen one LS-1 trap over 107, and that was a ZO-6, at 111. Even the guy that tagged a 12.8 once he only hit 107.

I saw a Bullit (Stock) ON a hot, humid day turn in consitant deep 13.6's at 104 MPH. Most LS-1s here (Which run mid 13's, and high side of the mid 13's) trap at 103-105.

I've went from rolls, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear rolls with The girl I used to date that owns the WS-6. I pulled on her every time. Once again we ran over 100 MPH on most of those runs.

So....
Closed Thread